October 12th, 2014

Shin Dongho is in love with me?

Since yesterday was International Come Out day I was able to make today October 12th International LGBT remembrance day. This day is to remember all the LGBT people who were killed, died of something or commit suicide because of LGBT discrimination. It's not a day to remember just famous people but to remember everybody! On this day people tell their stories about the struggles they went through during their coming out. If the person is dead then a family member or close friend tells their story. It took a while for people to agree for this to become a world wide event. All my friends support the step towards equality which makes me happy. Kae is a big supporter of LGBT just like me.

During the service everyone held a picture of someone they loved dearly whom they lost or honoring a celebrity. For me the person I was honoring was both. Actor and model Kim Ji-hoo. I saw him when made his debut. I loved him and when he revealed he was gay I loved him more. Why? Because, it took a lot of courage to come on that show and reveal who you really are. He was a very strong man but these anti-gay people tore him down. Since my brother worked as a manager he could introduce family memebers to the stars he managed. Ji-hoo just happened to be one of them. 

*Flash back to May of 2008*

I was only fourteen at the time and my mom has once again dragged me and my baby sister to South Korea which I didn't mind. I love being in Korea my home country. My brother Daeho always lets us stay at his place with him and his wife Han Sae-ri. It was around my birthday this time and I was finally going to be able to spend my birthday in Korea. 

On May,11th, The day before my birthday my brother took me to where we worked which is nothing new. I've been going there once or twice a year since I was nine and my brother got the job. His bosses and co-workers loved me. A lot more than they liked him. I was always very nice to them. My brother knew how much I idolized Ji-hoo so he took me to meet him but I had no idea that's why I was here.

"Let's go there's someone else you haven't met yet." My brother said dragging me towards a door. 

"Who is it?" I asked him.

"You'll see." He knocked on the door and waited for a responce. 

"It's open!" A voice shouted back after a few seconds. My brother opened the door and much to my surprise it was Kim Ji-hoo. My face turned red with excitement.

"Ji-hoo, this is Eun-kyung, my little sister who I've been telling you about. She's a big fan of yours and she supports Lgbt!" My brother introduced me. 

"Eun-Kyung it's nice to meet you. Your brother talks about you a lot." He said patting my head. "You're so cute when you're blushing."

"Treat her well and you won't have to see her pissed. She is not fun when she's pissed." Dae-ho sobbed. Ji-Hoo and I laughed at my brother's pain. 

*A couple of days later*

I got to go back to the company my brother worked for and hang out with him and Ji-hoo. My brother is really good friends with Ji-hoo and has been since he was assigned to be his manger. Today Ji-hoo decided to annoy my brother while he was working. It worked my brother snapped and grabbed a book. 

"Kim Ji-hoo if you keep annoying me this entire book goes up your !" Dae ho yelled.

"Woh woh Dae-ho! If you're going to shove something up someone's it shouldn't be bigger than a fist and less loving than a !" I snapped making Ji-hoo laugh harder and Dae-ho look at me in dis belief.

"Jung Eun-Kyung! Since when did mom let you watch dark humor?" Dae-ho yelled

"She doesn't know I watch it and she doesn't have to know." I gave a dark smile. 

"This kid's got a lot of balls!" Ji-hoo laughed. I hugged him. He became like a second brother to me.

*Today*

My brother sat next to me holding a dozen flowers for Ji-hoo. His suicide left a huge hole in our hearts. He meant alot to us. When everything declined for Ji-hoo my brother tried to get things better for Ji-hoo. When the company declined to renew his contract my brother yelled at his bosses causing him to get fired. Later SM hired him later that year about two days after hearing about Ji-hoo's death.  Telling me about Ji-hoo's death wasn't easy for him either. It really affected me. It was like losing a family member like losing that one person you love dearly.....