quinze

U-Kiss Drabbles

{the good ones go if you wait too long} | kevin/kiseop


 



the first time it snowed during the cold winter months as they promoted in korea, the members could barely contain their glee. dongho and kevin were bouncing in their seats in the van of course, but even the older and calmer members were smiling to themselves. they had intended to go practice for a little bit after their schedules, but the managers had a discussion amongst themselves and decided they could give the boys the afternoon off. they weren't cold-hearted, and admittedly they were also excited to play in the snow.

they found a park close to the company's building and immediately each member set off to their preferred snow activities. aj helped dongho begin rolling snow in order to make a snowman, which really meant that dongho watched and ordered him around as aj—and eventually hwaseok—did the manual labor. not too far away, soohyun and eli, along with the other two managers, moonsung and taeyoun, were having an intense snowball fight. they had split into two teams, 2shin (moonsung and soohyun) and wonkim (taeyoun and eli) and were using all the brute strength they collectively possessed in order to, at least attempt to, pummel the other team. hoon was the only one who hadn't run screaming into the park, instead choosing to walk slowly, kicking up snow and watching it sparkle in the air.

kiseop stayed behind at the van, carefully unpacking his camera from his bag and began snapping shots of his fellow members. he stayed at a distance, not wanting to get his camera wet, but made sure to get lots of pictures nonetheless. as he scanned the park, he noticed kevin was missing and it was only when hoon started speaking seemingly to the ground that he realized kevin was lying in the snow.

the boy had a thick winter coat and hat to protect him from the snow, but his jeans were completed soaked from the back as kevin moved his arms and legs in order to make a snow angel.

kiseop watched how the snow glimmered around the angel shape kevin made, how kevin's cheeks flushed a soft shade of pink, how there was a sparkle in his eyes that kiseop hadn't seen in a long time. kiseop raised his camera to take a picture, but paused, wondering if kevin would even show up in the photo or if—like an ethereal creature not meant for this earth—there would simply be a blank space where he belonged.

kiseop decided not to take the risk, instead putting his camera back in the van and, ignoring the cries for help from eli (kiseop glanced over and saw soohyun sitting on eli's back as he shoved snow down the younger boy's shirt, eli screaming "hyung! hyung, stop! it's cold!" in both english, korean and japanese.) he joined kevin and hoon where they were chatting, kevin still laying on the ground and hoon standing above him.

that night, kevin invites himself to kiseop's house and kiseop helps him strip out of his soaked clothes, sending kevin to the shower while he gathered clothes for him and made hot chocolate. when kevin comes out of the shower, kiseop passes him the clothes with a blush, trying to ignore how all of kevin's bare skin is flushed a light pink­—like his face had been when they were outside.

kiseop bundles him and kevin in blankets, putting on the tv but muting it, and they flip through the pictures in his camera. kiseop watches kevin and tries to pretend that nothing is changing, and kevin stares at the camera and tries to pretend he doesn't notice that there are no pictures of him.