A Proposal

Black and White with Flames All Over

215 Dates later... 

 

I was sitting in a limo right in front of the red carpet at Dolby Theatre in Hollywood for the Academy Awards.  I couldn't believe I had made it this far.  My screenplay, picture, and I had been nominated for Oscars this year.  I fidgeted with my clutch and I waited for the security man to pull the door open so I could step out onto the red carpet.  I had never even been near a red carpet before, finally all of my achievements could be recognized.  I was so happy I could have cried.  A hand took mine and I look over as my date, Kwon Jiyong stared back at me.  He smiled his sweet smile and nodded as if to reassure me.  I smiled back at him and took a deep breath, the man opened the door and I was instantly blinded with the flash of the cameras.

Jiyong stepped out first and held out his hand to help me out of the limo.  I heard reporters yelling my name for me to come over and get a quick interview.  I made sure that my dress was pulled out of the limo all the way and away from the tires before it sped off.  My dress was black satin with a slit on the right side so my leg would show.  There was a flame design in sequins and other fabric embroidered into the satin.  When I walked it looked like I was on fire, my homage to the Hunger Games Trilogy.  I followed the plan that had been sent to be and walked down the red carpet, hand in hand with Jiyong to the first interviewer from E! Entertainment.  This was going to be good... 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________        

Jiyong and I finally made it into the theater and found our seats, they were in the front row, right in front of the stage!  Another surprise of things going my way!  I still couldn't believe I was here, in midst of all the people I admired.  I was one of them now and I felt, strange about it.  I looked over at Jiyong sitting next to me and smiled.  He wore a red flannel suit, his recently dyed blonde hair spiked up.  He bit his lip and smiled back at me, I almost squealed at it.

The ceremony progressed and the award for best screenplay was about to be announced.  I crossed all of my fingers, my legs and my toes...  

"And the award for best actress goes to, drum roll please," the MC paused, "Shannon ________!" 

I stood up, completely dumbstruck.  This wasn't happening!  I swear!  Nothing like this EVER happened to me!  I walked up onto the stage and took my Oscar from the MC.  The applause died down and I took a deep breath and walked to the center of the stage with the microphone. 

"Wow," I laughed, "You know I really had no idea I would ever make it this far... I never thought a small town girl like me would make it to the Academy Awards with my first film.  I just want to thank all of the people who have made this possible, my teachers, professors, my family, my friends who have put up with my busy schedule and me being stressed out of my mind.  I want to thank all of the people who believed in me, when even I couldn't see why I was important.  Thank you."

The applause was deafening as I took my seat.  The rest of the night was a blur, I won two more Oscars one for my screenplay and the other for best director.  I was completely giddy with delight as Jiyong and I walked hand in hand back to our limo outside.

"I think this calls for a celebration!" Jiyong smiled as we slid into our seats, "Driver, take us to Winston's!"

"No," I said, "Let's just go back to my place for a while.  I am so tired from all the excitement!"

The driver nodded and we drive back to my apartment.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The bottle of champagne popped open as I ran to grab the two glasses, Jiyong was holding the fizzing end away from his suit.  

"Hurry Jagiya!" he laughed, "We won't have any left!" 

"I'm coming!" I ran over with the cups, set them on the counter, and watched Jiyong gracefully pour the sparkling pale gold liquid into them. 

He set down the bottle on the counter and lifted his glass, "To my beautiful Oscar winning love..." 

I lifted my glass, "To my strong, wonderful boyfriend who helped me live through post production..." 

We clinked our glasses together and raced each other to see who downed their alcohol first.  Jiyong won, as always.  

"You ALWAYS beat me!" I laughed and pouted. 

"But isn't that a good thing?" Jiyong smiled, "I mean, you don't usually drink and will probably get drunk faster." 

A chill ran up my spine as a cold, distant, memory resurfaced in my mind.  I cringed as though someone had just slapped me. 

"Shannon!" Jiyong wrapped his arms around me and held me close, "What's wrong?  Did I say something bad?" 

I snuggled into the chest of my love, "No Ji, I just remembered something.  You did nothing wrong.  It doesn't matter now that I'm with you." 

Jiyong ruffled my hair and pulled my face up by the chin to stare into my eyes, "Are you sure?" 

I was almost startled at the serious tone in his voice.  I searched his eyes and saw complete concern, nothing more, nothing less.  

I smiled and kissed his lips lightly, "Yes, I am sure." 

"Good, because I have something I want to show you," Jiyong took my hand and lead me toward my balcony, a brilliant grin stretched across his lips. 

We walked through the sliding glass door and I saw a table with candle lit and a red table cloth, the moon had just come out from behind a cloud.  It was so beautiful! I tore my eyes from the sky to look at the face of the man I loved with every single part of me.  I felt tears start to form in my eyes, he made me so happy.  This was too perfect. 

"Shannon, I was wondering if um... Since we've been together for so long now, would you... like to move in together?" Jiyong looked up from the ground nervously.

"Here?  This place is so tiny and what about your music career?  Doesn't YG want you in Seoul in a few weeks?  Oh my GOD!  Please tell me that you aren't quitting BIGBANG and music!"

"No nonononononononono... NO!  That's not it.  Shannon, I want you to move to Seoul with me," Jiyong took my hand and smiled big.

"Really?" I gasped.

"Of course!  I want to be with you Shannon, and I can't go back to Seoul without taking you with me!"

I started hyperventilating.  He wanted me to move in with him.  He loved me that much... I couldn't believe he loved me THAT much!  I was the luckiest girl in the world.  I took a deep breath and calmed down.  I smiled brightly and threw my arms around him.

"Yes!  Kwon Jiyong I will move in with you!" I kissed him passionately.

I could feel him chuckling slightly before he melted into me...