Lunch with the Boys

Black and White with Flames All Over

G-Dragon pulled his Bentley up to a little French Creperie in west Los Angeles.  My heart leaped for joy, I loved crepes so much it wasn't even funny.  I jumped out of the passenger seat and stared at the beautiful little restaurant in front of me. It looked like someone have plucked this right out of the city of Paris and set it down on the west coast.  

"Oh my god..." I said in awe.

"I heard you liked crepes so I decided to take us here," G-Dragon said as he got out of the driver's side and walked to stand next to me.

"I told him," TOP said standing on the other side of me.

I looked at the idols on either side... This was truly a different experience than what I was used to, "Well gentleman, let's go eat!"

I took their arms in mine and we walked (I sort of skipped) into the creperie Wizard of Oz style.  We got a table in the courtyard in the back, the garden was beautiful and had many different roses in it.  The fountain in the center of the courtyard had a dragon in it... This place was heaven!  The three of us ordered food and were left in an awkward silence.

"So... GD... What brings you to America?  I don't believe you are on tour," I said, coyly.  

I would know if you were, I thought.

"Please, call me Jiyong," his smile was so brilliant.  I had to keep it together.

"Well Jiyong, you didn't answer my question," I smiled back at him.

Jiyong's smile faded for only a second and he looked down at the table, but it was enough for me to glimpse the timid boy underneath the confidence.  His eyes flicked up to stare into mine and even from across the table, it was enough to make my heart jump.  He bit his lip in concentration ever so slightly, I was going to make a fool of myself I really was...

"I came here to visit my sunbae," Jiyong said, pointing to TOP, "I also came to see if what he said was true... about his beautiful co-star..."  

Fire flew to my cheeks and I tried to casually cover my mouth to prevent a fangirl scream.  This man knew EXACTLY what he was doing to me from across the table... He HAD to know what power his words had over women... I started to really not like him, his cocky attitude... Maybe he didn't know it, but maybe he did know.  I didn't care, I wanted to eat my crepes and get the hell out as fast as I could.  I pulled my necklace out of the collar of my sweater.  I started rubbing my dragon necklace between my forefinger and thumb (something I always did to call upon strength or good luck).

"What have you got there?" Jiyong asked, staring at my hand.

"Nothing," I said, closing my palm around the dragon charm, if he saw this necklace he would remember who I was... I didn't want him connecting me to that night three years ago.

"It looked like a dragon necklace," he said, smirking.

My eyes grew wide.  He had seen it.  But how?  I had kept it very well hidden in my sweater and made sure not to show it off... Unless he knew who I was already.  A chill ran down my spine.  He recognized me.

"I remember you from the party a few years back," Jiyong grinned, "It took me a while to find you, but I did.  You never said goodbye."

"My roommate and I had a lot of things to do the morning after the party," I blushed, "Why did you care about finding me out of all of the guests of the party?"

Jiyong's cheeks colored slightly, "I uhhhh, wanted to know what happened to the outfit I designed for you.  It took a lot of time to find those clothes and guess your size." 

"I still have it," I smiled, "It's in my closet of my apartment!  I would never have given that outfit away or gotten rid of it.  It's one of my treasures!"

Jiyong's whole face lit up, I could tell that he liked my answer.  I wondered why he wanted to see me again after the brief period of time we shared together at the party.  I could only remember our time together vaguely because there was a cloud over that night in my memories... It was the night were I had broken my vow, lost myself and my ity.  I still wondered whether I had wanted that, or if I had been too under the influence to notice.  I shivered from the memory.

"Shan-ya?" TOP's voice brought me back from spacing out at the fountain, "Are you cold?" 

"Oh no, I was just... thinking."

"About what?" Jiyong asked, concerned. 

"Ummmm...." 

Saved by the waiter!  The waiter brought our crepes and salads together, thus interrupting my explanation.  I stared down and the warm savory spinach and mushroom crepe and smelled the wonderful aroma.  Oh I had missed crepes, I had been too busy to sit down at a restaurant and eat anything for the last year.  This smelled so much better than the Top Ramen that had been my dinner every night.  

"I think we should eat and talk later," TOP said, staring hungrily at his plate.

Jiyong shrugged and started to attack his food.  He had ordered five huge crepes, I wondered where all of that food went.  I stared at the thin Korean across the table from me.  He was extremely cute, actually scratch that, he was handsome... sometimes too pretty to be real, but handsome none the less.  The way he tried to hide when he was flustered just made my heart soar.  What is happening to me?  I told myself no more Korean men!  At least not to date after what happened at the party... with this one's fellow band member!

"Shan-ya?" Jiyong's sweet voice brought me back to reality, "You okay?"

I snapped my focus and realized I was staring at Jiyong eating, holding my fork with the first bite of crepe on it... I still hadn't taken a bite of my food yet... how mortifying... 

"Yeah... sorry." 

We finished our food and went back to Jiyong's car.  He took TOP back to their apartment and drove me back to the film studio to retrieve my Honda.  Jiyong parked his Bentley right next to my blue bubble of a car.  His looked so luxurious, mine looked cute, but pedestrian compared to his Bentley.  I got out of his car and shut the door.  The parking garage reminded me of the night of the party some years ago... I wonder, did Seungri tell his bandmates what had happened between us?  Did Jiyong know? I looked down at the asphalt, ashamed of what I had done... If Jiyong knew, hopefully he wouldn't think of me poorly.  

I walked around his car and over toward the back of mine.  I turned around to tell Jiyong thank you and saw he was right there behind me.  My eyebrows raised.

"Uhhh, you dropped this inside my car," Jiyong blushed, holding my necklace.

"Oh crap!  The clasp must have broken!" I took it from him and inspected it, sure enough the clasp had broken in half, "Well, that .  Thank you Jiyong for finding it!"

I start to walk toward the driver's side of my car, but I feel a hand on my wrist, holding me back.  I turn my head to see Jiyong's hand wrapped around it.

"May I help you?" 

"Mianhae, I had to ask you one thing..." Jiyong took a deep breath, "I was wondering since today went so well if you would want to go have lunch or go out to dinner with me some time?" 

"REALLY?" I failed at keeping cool, "YOU want to go out with someone like ME?" 

Jiyong was shuffling his feet and blushing at the ground, "Yeah, you're weird... Like me... so it's cool." 

I started blushing tomato red.  I hoped I didn't look like Bozo the Clown... I hated clowns. 

"S-so, is it a yes?" Jiyong asked.

"Definitely a yes.  Just tell me when and where," I smiled.

"How about tomorrow night? Seven thirty?" 

"Mmmm that sounds perfect," I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, "See you then..." 

I got in my car and drove off... I watched Jiyong in my rear view mirror, he was touching his cheek in awe.  I smiled to myself, that boy will be mine.  I just hope I know what I am doing this time.  And this time absolutely NO alcohol.