The Movie Set

Black and White with Flames All Over

After that night I thought I would never see any BIGBANG members in person ever again...

***Three years later***

I woke up with a start.  My alarm clock read 10:00AM.  I had slept in!

"!" I yelled as I jumped out of bed and sprinted to the shower.  

I had to be there before 11... This was the final day of shooting for my movie and I needed to be there on time! The producers had took a risk with me, being a first time director.  They had loved my screenplay, but were reluctant to let me take on such an expensive project by myself, so they had a seasoned director as my mentor, overseeing my work.  I didn't mind this director helping me, but he was liable to tell the producers each and EVERY time I screwed up.

The cold water hit my back as I jumped in.  I hissed at the temperature difference from my bed, but I didn't have time to let the water heat up.  Just as the water seemed to be warm, I had to turn it off and fix my hair into a ponytail and throw on the nearest pile of clothes.  The stylists at the studio would fix my hair and makeup and put me in costume. 

I ran down to my Honda Fit parked right outside my little apartment, that car and I had had many adventures together.  One more adventure to go and I might get a new car!  The thought saddened me a little but I jumped in the drivers seat and tore away from my home to the studio.  I started reviewing my lines in my head, this crossover picture was either going to make me famous or break me entirely.  I had to get recognized as a great director and screenwriter, or all of my time and effort will be worth nothing. 

I screeched into the lot and put my pass on my dashboard.  I booked it into the studio and got dressed.  The stylists were putting on my makeup when my costar, Choi Seunghyun walked into the dressing room.  

"You have ten minutes before the old man comes and sees you aren't ready," he warned.

"I'll be fine," I said, unsure.  I then told the stylists to do their work as fast as physically possible. 

So yes, I saw one BIGBANG member after that crazy night, but I didn't believe he even recognized me.  I was safe, or so I thought. 

The stylists finished with me in time for me to go onto the set and practice the final scene we were filming with TOP.  We were a couple in the film, which tradition and race issues had tried to tear us apart, but our characters' love kept them together.  The film was set back in the '50s, a wonderful or dark time in America, it depends on how you look at it.  I had gotten to kiss TOP and do a pretty risque bedroom scene with him as well.  He was quite a gentleman about it and sometimes was even nervous about how much skin to show on camera.  I had in my contract that I would never be in front of a camera so he had nothing to worry about.

My mentor came bursting into the room, eyes narrowed, he saw me in full costume and makeup on the sound stage and his mood lightened. 

"I'm glad you waited for me," he grumbled.

"I wanted to, I mean I think I need guidance at least for the last scene we film," I said, smiling. 

"Oh okay, let's get our together and roll!" 

We finished filming.  It was the first scene that I had written.  The two main characters meet for the first time at a diner in old Hollywood.  My character was from a rich family who was traveling up to Napa.  She made eye contact with TOP's character and it was love at first sight. 

We finished filming and I handed off my baby to the editing staff, I would come check their handy work later, but my partner on the project was in charge of editing. 

TOP and I walked back to the sound stage to stare at it one last time.  About a year's worth of filming had gone into this project.  We had to film on location in Seoul and in New York.  It had been an adventure.  I just hoped the public would like it.  I sighed as I stared at the interior of the '50s diner that I had helped design.  I would miss this.  But there are other stories to be told.

Someone started clapping from behind us.  I turn around to see Kwon Jiyong in the flesh smiling from ear to ear. He was dressed in a sweater, skinny jeans, sneakers,  and his Giyongchy beanie. 

"Good job Hyung! That was amazing acting!" G-Dragon laughed.

"Aish, you wouldn't know good acting if it hit you upside the head!" TOP smacked G-Dragon.

G-Dragon turned to look at me and something changed in him for a spilt second... He looked as if he had seen an angel.  Then the look was gone and GD was back to his cool-man attitude.  

"I don't think you two have met, Shannon, this is Kwon Jiyong," TOP said, "He will be having lunch with us today."

I stuck out my hand for him to shake, "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kwon Leader." 

GD took my hand and shook it, "Oh no, the pleasure is all mine."

The three of us walked to the parking lot and got in G-Dragon's Bentley.  We went to lunch together.

I thought I had dodged a speeding bullet there.  Kwon Jiyong had not remembered me at all.  I was good.  I was safe.  I would have lunch with them and never see them again, or maybe just TOP because he was an actor.  I thought I had it all planned out... I had no idea that what was going to happen would EVER happen, especially to someone like me.