Chapter O7

♥ Mission To Love ♥

[--- EunAe’s POV ---]

 

 

He had my back as I tripped over the steps on the stairs. I could see his eyes are staring straight into mine, somehow, I can tell that he is sincere to help me, it’s not an acting to fool people. Somehow, my heart beats faster when our eyes met.

“K-kamasahamnida” I thanked him as I was back on both feet. I quickly walked away from JaeJoong and ChangMin and obviously, away from the crowd. I went inside his house for the toilet.

As I got out from the toilet, I’ve found ChangMin waiting for me.

 

“There you are”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Come quick, the interview is about to start” he seized my wrist and dragged me along back to the garden but he took the way to the gazebo instead. I could see JaeJoong was already seated with reporters around him.

 

Aaah..

 

I clearly know what this is about.

 

The marriage.

 

I took a seat next to him and before I could even count to three, a lady has already asked me questions, the questions are pretty direct and I had to choose words carefully so that I can fool them.

 

---

 

“Mr. Kim, may I know where is father?” I asked JaeJoong’s father just like a lost child. I couldn’t find my dad anywhere after the interview.

He chuckled before explaining things to me “He didn’t tell you? He’s off to Japan again. JaeJoong will take you home” I bowed to his as I excused myself.

Aish…

Appa left without telling me; I don’t even know these people.

“JaeJoong-shi, I wanna go home now” I told him. He was having a drink with ChangMin at the gazebo, ignoring the crowd.

“You can’t leave now; my grandparents are on their way. They wanted to see you” he said before taking a sip of the wine without even looking at me.

 

Aish…

 

Do I still have to pretend?

 

I took a sit next to him, opposite ChangMin, who has been giving me a sour look ever since he saw me this morning.

“Yah~ what’s wrong with you?” I asked him. I hate to see displeasure in one’s face towards me, its better off if he just confronts it.

“I heard that you’ve been giving JaeJoong a hard time” he muttered.

 

Urgh….

 

So what?

 

What do I care?

 

“And your point exactly?” I asked him. JaeJoong, on the other hand, who was sitting next to me remained quiet but fidgeted a little as ChangMin brought up the topic.

“My point is that, cut the crap out already. Learn to love him, in a week you’ll be his wife” he smirked.

 

“Yah~ ChangMin-ah, stop… Just stop” JaeJoong said calmly as he was looking down to his lap.

 

“I don’t see that’s your problem” I spat as I glared at him.

 

“For your information, Kim JaeJoong is my best friend. So it is my ing problem too..”

 

“ChangMin, enough~ please stop”

 

“No, she has to know the truth, and for your information, Choi EunAe-shi, that man next to you ing loves you ever since we’re still little. Be grateful that you’re marrying a man who loves you with his whole heart and never even laid an eye on some girl ever since you left him for Busan!”

 

“SHIM CHANGMIN! ENOUGH! JUST STOP THIS ALREADY! AISH….. IF YOU TWO ARE GOING TO CONTINUE, FINE! GO AHEAD, AT LEAST DO IT WHEN I’M NOT AROUND!” He bellowed and left the table. He went off but not to the garden but back inside of his house.

 

[--- JaeJoong’s POV ---]

 

 

I went to the bathroom to wash my face; I can still feel the heat.

 

Aish…

 

Why did ChangMin say such thing to her?

 

Aigoo…

 

Eotteokajyo?

 

Maybe I should take her back home…

 

I went back outside to get my father. He was having a drink with the director of other companies but I had no choice but to interrupt his conversation.

 

“What is it JaeJoong?”

 

“Can I send EunAe back?”

 

“But your halmeoni and harabeoji are on their way”

 

“Can’t they just meet EunAe up during dinner? I’ll pick her up tonight. She doesn’t look well to me”

 

“If that’s the case then, fine”

 

I bowed to my dad before heading back to the gazebo and found EunAe sitting on her own, spacing out.

“Come, I’ll take you home” I said without looking at her. She stood up and followed me from the back without saying a word.

Once we’re in the car, I told her that I’ll be picking her up again at eight for the dinner.

 

“What for?”

 

“My grandparents wanted to see you. It has been years since they last met you”

 

She didn’t say a word and looked out the side passenger window as I drove her back.

 

*At the dinner*

 

“EunAe-ah, you look just like your mother” my grandmother told her. I was scared that she might burst out crying as I find talking about a deceased family member could be disturbing but she handle it well, in fact, she chuckled and couldn’t agree more with my grandmother.

My grandparents are going back to their home right after dinner. Before they left, my family, EunAe and I them to their car, bidding goodbyes.

“I guess I’ll be seeing all of you during the wedding” my grandmother smiled after hugging my mother. Just when I thought she had enough of talking, she turned to us and joked “I’ll be expecting great-grandchildren after this”. That shut EunAe and me up but the rest roared into laughter.

When the car actually left the restaurant, I’ve asked for an excuse to send EunAe back as it is getting late and its school for her the next morning.

Like the usual, we did not say a word to each other, even though I wanted to compliment on how beautiful she looks in the black cocktail dress so bad but I can’t, I just can’t incase she’ll hate me even more.

I stopped the car right in front of the gate but I didn’t turn off the engine because it won’t be long until I’ll be driving back. EunAe did not instantly leave, she sorts of remained quiet before she speaks.

“JaeJoong-shi…”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Can I ask you a favour?”

 

“Sure…"

 

“Can we not see each other until the wedding day?”

 

“…”

 

“I need my own personal space before the day”

 

“Erm…s-sure. Won’t be a problem”

 

“Kamsahamnida”

 

She stepped out from my car right after she ended the conversation. She went in straight without even looking back at me or the car even though I waited for her until she gets inside her house.