Chapter O4

♥ Mission To Love ♥

 

He rubbed his temple after taking a shot of alcohol with his friend, ChangMin right after he gave EunAe a lift home. ChangMin happened to be his best friend and grew up with him. He also has known EunAe since they were both still kids but he is not that close to her compared to JaeJoong.

 

“Are you sure with this?” ChangMin asked, sounded worried. He never knew that their EunAe has turned out to be like this. The news of the marriage surprised him as sighed in disbelief when JaeJoong told him earlier about it.

 

“She’s not same anymore” JaeJoong mumbled, his eyes are fixed on the empty shot cups on the counter.

 

“Well I don’t expect her to turn out the same at the first place” ChangMin snorted. His hand waved at the bar tender, asking for more alcohol.

 

“Me neither but I don’t really expect her to making this hard” JaeJoong spoke; his words are starting to get slurry after shots of drink he had earlier.

 

“Call off the wedding if I’m you”

 

“Can’t do that, it’s like smearing on both party’s face!”

 

“But you don’t even love her! There’s no way it’ll work out!”

 

“I-I do”

 

“WHAT? You do??? I thought you hate her!”

 

“I know. I really hate her but at the same time, I love her”

 

“Since when?” ChangMin asked in disbelief once again.

 

“Ever since we had sleepover together during that summer”

 

“When her mother died recently?” JaeJoong nodded.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

EunAe was already in her night gown, getting ready for bed when her phone was blinking with a name that is too familiar to her. Before she could answer it, she took a deep breath.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

[EunAe-ah…. Is it true?]

 

“Oppa, you know?”

 

[*sigh* How can I not know when the news travel fast?]

 

“Oppa, mianhaeyo…”

 

[It’s okay… Can I meet you up tomorrow?]

 

“Sure”

 

[After school?]

 

“Erm, I’ll call you once I’m free ‘cuz I had something to do after school. Is that okay?”

 

[Deh. See you then]

 

“Yeah… love you”

 

[Love you too…]

 

The phone call ended with a click.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“You better make this quick because I’ve some other important stuff to do afterwards” she hissed as she puts on the seatbelt. JaeJoong on the other hand, doesn’t take anything that she said into his account and drove off without saying a word. It’s already good enough for him to pick her up from her school instead of letting her walk on her own.

 

They had to pick on EunAe’s wedding dress in a shop somewhere in the city. Their parents remind them for thousand times earlier that morning before leaving the house and they insisted JaeJoong to accompany her even though EunAe refused.

 

It’s not a problem for JaeJoong as he would be wearing a tux, black tux but for EunAe, she had to pick one out of many designs from the bridal shop.

 

It was the fifth dress that EunAe has already tried but none suits her, in her opinion. JaeJoong sat aside, nearly dozing off as he did nothing for the past hour.

 

“Yah~ EunAe-shi, can you hurry up? I’m tired of waiting!” JaeJoong complains.

 

The curtain from the changing room suddenly pushed open.

 

EunAe walked out from the changing room with a dress on, a dress that puts JaeJoong back into his consciousness.

 

“YAH! I’M ALREADY DONE! I DIDN’T EVEN ASK YOU COME WITH ME AT THE FIRST PLACE~ YAH~~!!! YAH~!!!~~ WHAT ARE YOU GAWKING AT, YOU ERT!!” The shop keeper chuckled at EunAe’s child-like behavior.

 

For the second time in his life, JaeJoong fell in love with EunAe, again. He did not say anything but rather stare at EunAe’s perfect figure, the dress just ‘clicked’ on her.

 

 

 

JaeJoong paid for the dress with his card and catch up with EunAe, who was already waiting outside.

 

“You wanna go home now?” he asked casually.

 

“Ani… I’m seeing a friend of mine”

 

“Want me to send you there?”

 

“Ani. I can go there by myself thank you very much”

 

“You know, I was just offering. You don’t need to get carried away with your attitude” JaeJoong snapped. What had he done wrong to her that makes her hate him that much; he thought to himself.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“It means, I’m sick of your attitudes!”

 

“Then, don’t bother! Don’t bother about my life! Please take note that once we’re married, don’t ever dream of me treating you as my husband!” she spat before going off to her way. JaeJoong twitched to her words. He ponders what would happen to his life once he gets married to EunAe. Will she seek for a divorce the next day? Or probably on the next hour as they are called 'husband and wife'.

 

 

He drove off as EunAe disappeared from his sight.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

“Oppa~! Sorry for making you wait here!” EunAe apologized as she gave him one arm hug from the back. He tilted his head to the side and caught her lips. The kiss was a quick one but it was sweet.

 

EunAe was taken aback by the sudden kiss that she froze for a second.

 

“EunAe-ah, why did you still standing like that?” HyunJoong chuckled. Sheepishly, EunAe took a seat next to her boyfriend at the coffee shop. He had his arm around her waist and her head on his shoulder.

 

“EunAe-ah, do you have to?”

 

“Have to what?”

 

“You know, marry that person?”

 

“I don’t know. It’s not that I want this at all but appa set me into this stupid arranged marriage with some lousy guy that I haven’t met for years!”

 

“You mean Kim JaeJoong?” he snorted as he speaks the name out from his mouth. He despise that man ever seen they went to school together.

 

“You know him?”

 

“Deh. He's my business rival”

 

“Oppa~ I don’t want to marry him” EunAe pouted as they’ve been sitting in silence for about five minutes. She looked deeply into his eyes and she could a pair of agonized eyes, staring back at her.

 

“We’ll figure this one out” he pulled her closer and placed a kiss on her forehead.