Chapter O5

♥ Mission To Love ♥

[--- JaeJoong’s POV ---]

 

 

Right after shower, I went downstairs for breakfast just like the usual, and found my parents were already at the table, enjoying their breakfast. It’s seldom for me to eat a meal with my family at home but once I had the chance, it’s pretty akward.

“So what’s your plan for today?” appa asked.

“Urm~ I don’t really have a plan but I’m planning to catch up with work. Wae?”

“I think you should take EunAe out today. It’s weekend, spend time together with her”

“Take her out?”

“Yes and have you actually take her to the jewelers yet?” my mum suddenly spoke after sipping the Earl Grey tea from the cup.

“Why should I take her to the jewelers?”

“Aish… this kid… jinjja~ Wedding rings! Have you bought the wedding rings yet???” My appa gone a little impatient with my pace, he should really know that his son is not a gentleman type.

“You want me to take her now? I mean like early in the morning?”

 

Please say no…

Please say no…

 

PLEASE SAY NO…

 

“Yes”

“But I think maybe Mr. Choi wouldn’t like it if I come this early” I smiled, trying to get out from this mess. Aish… it’s not like I don’t wanna see her but every time I did, I ended up getting hurt. Her words cut deeply inside but my ego has become a shield to my poor soul.

“I was on the phone with Mr. Choi earlier. We’re going to play golf together later on. He even mentioned that you and EunAe should do more together”

I can’t really argue because it was Mr. Choi’s plan too.

 

---

 

The maids at Choi’s resident greet me politely as I arrived and brought me to Mr. Choi.

“Aah~ You’re here! Have seat” he beckoned me to joined him at the dinner table.

“Had your breakfast yet?”

“Deh, with my parents earlier” I smiled.

But the old man insisted for me to have a cup of tea with him. He seems different compared to EunAe.

“Where’s EunAe?” I asked him.

“That young lady, she hasn’t wake up yet” he sighed.

“Omo, then I shouldn’t be here. Mianhae”

“Aniyo… it’s not your fault. Why don’t you go an wake her up?”

 

O_______________________________________O

 

MWOYA???????

 

“I don’t think EunAe would like that” I told him with a slight laugh at the end of my sentence. He laughed too before continuing to speak.

“That girl needs to learn to wake up early”

 

Before Mr. Choi excused himself, he told me to wake up EunAe.

Aish… such a weird request. Funny how he completely trusts me for going into his daughter’s room, I’m a guy for God’s sake.

I slowly twisted the door knob after giving two knocks on the white wooden door but no response from inside, she must be still sleeping.

I was right. She was still sleeping under the lilac quilt on her bed with many pillows. Somehow, she looks at ease while sleeping, not to mention, she looks beautiful too.

I slowly ran the side of my index finger on her soft cheek and place some strands of hair behind her ear before waking her up.

“EunAe-shi, wake up” I whisper into her ear.

 

[--- EunAe’s POV ---]

 

 

“EunAe-shi, wake up” a soft velvet like voice whispered into my ear. I nearly swoon over this until my eyes opened.

“YAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE????????????” I screamed as I saw a guy in my room, next to my bed, telling me to wake up.

 

That guy is Kim JaeJoong.

 

Kim JaeJoong…

 

Why is the boy in my room???

 

I threw all of the pillows I find on my bed, most of it landed on the floor and others hit his torso when he tried to avoid it.

“Your father told me to wake you up” he spoke.

“MWOYA????” I scream at him.

“Yah~ don’t scream at me like that!”

“Why not???”

“You think I really want to wake you up???”

“Why the hell would my father ask you to wake me up????”

“He wants us to go to the jewelers for the ing wedding rings!”

 

Wedding rings.

Aigoo… how can I forgot that I’m going to marry him.

 

None of us spoke.

“Just go. Get the hell out from my room. I meet you at your car” I mumbled, looking at feet.  He left without saying a word…

 

 

[--- JaeJoong’s POV ---]

 

 

Why did she suddenly go quiet as I mentioned about the wedding ring?

Did I upset her?

 

I waited for her by the car. It took her about more than half an hour to get out from her house before I could start off the engine. She doesn’t speak a word as she got into my car, not a squeak. The whole journey was a mute one, for once. For once, she didn’t shriek at me in the car.

 

“Which one would you like?” I asked her while looking at the rings. Gold, silver, platinum… why is it so hard when choosing a ring for a woman?

“Your choice” she said sourly.

“Come on, don’t be like this”

“There’s no point of you buying me a ring when you know I won’t wear them right after the wedding?”

“Pick one” I told her before turning away.

“No, you pick one! Didn’t you hear what I’ve said? Are you that ignorant? Aish... jinjja!” she stormed off from the shop, leaving me on my own with hundreds design of wedding ring.

Once again her words cut me deeply. Didn’t she see that I am trying my best to get use to this? Why can’t it be the same to her?

She was leaning on my car when I got out from the shop with a medium sized white paper bag. Her head was tilting to the other side, facing away from me. Avoiding me.

I slowly walk towards the car and from the far, I press the unlock button so that EunAe can get into it. She was still avoiding me even when I got into the car.

“Today doesn’t work out, huh? I’ll send you home” I mumbled quietly to her.

Before I start off the engine, I took out a box out from the paper bag and took a ring out of the box before sliding it on her finger. Her expression was still the same; she didn’t even budge or twitch, still cold.

“That’s not the wedding ring. It’s my treat”.