Mystery

Mir and the Crome cafe'

 

Chapter 5
 
 
 
POV CHANGE: JiEun
I open my eyes to find a stranger with a mask starring over me I tense my muscles, quickly regretting it. I let out a yell. 
"don't move." 
The masked lady commands. "Where am I?"
 "The hospital." 
She replies coldly. My eyes spot a tiny shiny object. What is that? Suddenly It hits me. A needle.
 I close my eyes.
"How many stitches?" 
I ask as calm as possible. 
" 14." 
Oh God. I feel like I'm going to barf.  
"Your finished. Don't move, you could rip the stitches." 
She walks out of the room. What happened? Instantly, I remember. JongKyu. How could I forget? I look at my hand, Now in a cast that feels more like a brick at the end of my arm. "
JiEun!"
 My best friend bursts in. She runs to my side.
 "How do you feel?"
 "Like a piece of crap!" 
Which makes me laugh. 
"Ow!"
 I yell. Crap I can't even laugh.  Just then my boss walks in with my English teacher.  
"Where does it hurt?" 
She asks in English.
 "My stomach." 
 "can we take a look?"
 I nod my head in approval. My boss slowly lifts up my shirt revealing my stomach. I hear a round of gasps. 
"Is it bad?"
 I ask. Instantly my best friend, SeoHyun bursts into tears. Samantha stands there with hanging open. 
"What happened?" 
My boss asks. 
It takes me awhile to explain everything that had happened. 
"I have to go, I'm so sorry!" Samantha says in English. 
"Don't worry!" 
I reply in a cherry tone. 
"Its okay, I'm fine! and boss, You should go take care if the shop." "Get well soon!"
 My teacher says then walks out of the room. It took a long time to talk my boss into leaving, but finally she leaves.  Once it's just my best friend and I, I whipe the fake smile off my face.
"SeoHyun-ah, how bad is it?" 
She pulls out her cellphone in silence and takes a picture of my stomach and shows me. I instantly regret looking at the screen. 
My heart sinks, and I feel like barfing. Just then a different ahjuma walks in 
"can I talk to the guardian of JiEun?"
 SeoHyun looks at me then gets up and follows the ahjuma out of the room. After a good 10 minutes or so SeoHyun walks in with a frown. 
"What is it?"
 I ask. After a moment of silence "um, she said you have internal damage B-but your healing now, a-and you should be just fine in a week." 
She bursts into tears. 
"SeoHyun-ah, I'm okay, Why are you crying? Come here." 
She waddles over to me with tears streaming down her face. She kneels over my bed, holds my hand and rests her head on my shoulder. Honestly her just touching me is painful. But she looks like a little lost puppy. So I just endure the pain. Her sobs slowly turn into snores as she falls asleep. Not too much later I also can't keep my eyes open, And fall asleep. 
 
POV CHANGE: SeoHyun 
Once I wake up, I look up and JiEun is still sleeping. I pull my phone out of my pocket 
 
11:37
 
OH MY GOD IM LATE! I forgot school! I start to leave, then realize... If I went to school poor JiEun would be all alone... 
She's going to be bored tomorrow when I go to school... I'll get  some of her stuff from her apartment. As soon as I get out of the hospital I make a mad dash for JiEun's apartment. Once I make it there I punch in her four digit  pass code G.O from MBLAQs birthday "1106" a green light flashes and I push the door open. Im greeted by her black and white Great dane, i pet him for a moment then, bust into her room, chuckling at the large poster of G.O that I gave her for her last birthday present. She's had a crush on him since MBLAQ's debut. I rummage through her drawers and grab anything she might want with her, and shove it into my oversized purse. I didn't even notice how tired I was from running until a few drops of sweat drip off my face and onto the floor. I have to get back before she wakes up! 
 
I pick myself up and scramble out of the building and run the whole way to the hospital. I slowly open her room door in hope that she's still sleeping. I peek my head in and find a sleeping JiEun. Phew! I sit back down where I slept last night I pull out my phone once again, 
 
12:28
 
Wow! I made really good time. But for a price, every inch of me is covered In sweat and I can't calm my breathing. I stare at my best friend, tears start to blur my vision.
"don't be such a crybaby."
 JiEun says with a smile. Which startles me. 
How can she smile in this condition? 
My tears flow down my face once again. 
"Thanks for getting my stuff." 
She says she says in her usual happy tone. Which makes me cry even harder.  A male employee walk in 
"is now a good time to talk about expenses?"
 No it was not a good time for anything. 
"Yes, now is fine." 
I say while whipping my tears. "Were sorry for the inconvenience but, A unexpected fee has come up, you will have to pay $576 more than you have already paid." What? we didn't pay anything yet... I know my mom wouldn't have been able to pay with the shop's slow business. And Samantha isn't doing too well either. 
"But, We didn't pay anything yet." I explain.
 "the first fee has been paid by the young man who carried you in here."
 He replies. I look to JiEun. Her face blushes and she looks really confused. 
"Ok, you can go now, thank you."
 I say he nods his head and leaves.
 "Woah, you really owe this mystery guy!" 
 
POV CHANGE: JiEun
I know it all too much. I owe him a ton of money, but even worse, 
I owe him my life. I'll find this mystery guy, and I'll pay him back... I don't know how, or when, but I promise I will pay him back.