Blood Moon's Tears

Peek Behind the Tainted cover

 

 

Wow, it's been a while since the last time I wrote a onsehot! I've got tons of ideas  but not much time and chances to finish them! Yeah just like this one. Actually this idea is very old and originally an idea for a longer fanfiction. Well, you can say this is a kind of sample for a longer story...if I really want to make it.

It's a bit short, since I wrote this in the most f*****g annoying weeks of school, and I wrote this for refreshing purpose. Oh and I might warn you for some dark feelings in it (yeah like my mood at the moment). Oh, and I try my hand at writing supernatural/horror angst, so I hope in this turns out well. Well, I hope you enjoy the oneshot!

 

Blood Moon’s Tears

 

Rustling and crackling sound of crushed dry leaves and twigs echoed through the silent night. A flash of shadow hurtled past midnight forest.  The moon in the sky slowly was covered by dark shadow, as if a titanic dragon devoured it to the dark. A set of hitched breath followed the shadow, accompanied by silver glint of a long metal edge.

 

Finally the running shadow halted in the middle of a small field surrounded by the dark woods. The figure lifted her head slowly; pupil eyes gazed deeply at the disappearing moon. She closes her eyes, listening quietly to the sound of lone wind, rustle of leaves and heavy breaths not far behind her.

 

 “Yoo..Yoona stop!” A girl, wielding a sword, panted and shouted.

 

The called turned her body slowly, facing the sword-wielding chaser. “…So you have decided to end it by yourself then Seohyun…”

 

“Yes! I’ll stop your stupidity from killing yourself!”

 

“No, it’s either I or you who will end this all…” Yoona quietly shook her head, eyes drooped close for a moment before staring back at Seohyun. ”But I guess I have to tear my heart with my own claws under this Blood Moon.”

 

“Please stop it! I know there must be another way!”

 

“…If it so, would you explain it to me how?”

 

“I…I don’t know!” Seohyun shouted desperately, tears b in her eyes. “But I’m sure we’ll find the way Yoona! Not like this!”

 

Yoona glanced from the fully reddened moon in the sky to glassy eyes of Seohyun. Thin dry smile curled on her lips. Split seconds later she was standing in front of Seohyun, angling her sword pointing her own chest. “The time has come… Let’s end this once for forever…”

 

“No!” Seohyun jumped back in astonishment and took few steps back from Yoona.

 

“I guess… I have to force you then…” Serene expression of Yoona hardened, as she suddenly crouched on the ground and disappeared in split seconds.

 

Seohyun gripped her sword tighter and sharpen her senses.  She knew too well how Yoona fought with her mixed blood abilities. With sensibility of a human, and sharp claws, venomous fangs and shadowy cunning trait of a Serpentaros, she would strike from every possible directions in hurricane velocity.

 

Suddenly a set of claws darted towards her neck. Instinctively she raised her sword and blocked the attack. She kept holding her defense as Yoona continued to force her claws forward. Seohyun couldn’t help but unleash a counterattack. Thanks to her natural agility, Yoona could parry the attack and stepped back uninjured.

 

It wasn’t ended like that. Yoona keep dashed forward and strike Seohyun relentlessly, while the latter only dodged, blocked and reluctantly counterattacked. As their fight went on, Seohyun could felt Yoona’s attacks became much faster and fatal, aiming at weak points of her. Fortunately, her swordplay skill kept her alive from the half-blooded girl’s claws. But it wasn’t enough to make her to even point her sword towards Yoona.

 

Yoona abruptly stopped, her head down, fists so tightly clenched until they bleed because her own claws. Seohyun only stood and watched her while holding her sword in her shivering hands.

 

“Don’t think I’m going to give you mercy…” Yoona hissed, her voice was etched with inhuman coldness. pupil eyes darkened into infernal darkness, staring at Seohyun. ”You’d better kill me or I’ll shred you into pieces Seohyun…”

 

Seohyun shivered at the killer aura emanated from Yoona. It was very deep, cold and suffocating, like bottomless trench of the ocean. If she only listened to her surviving instinct, she would’ve dashed forward and her blade deep to the half-blood’s heart. But no, Seohyun knew she would never and couldn’t do that; her love for Yoona wouldn’t let her.

 

And she knew, behind that cold aura, there was a glimmer of hesitation and sadness.

 

Suddenly Yoona bolted forward, with her sharp claws aimed toward Seohyun. Her eyes were black, void with any emotion but pure killing instinct. Such a frightening attack Seohyun couldn’t breathe nor move, only letting her survival instinct swung her arm, slashing her sword in retaliation.

 

Seohyun was frozen as a flash of blood-laced silver shadow cut through the night. It was her sword, covered in blood. Yoona’s blood. Her heart was racing upon the realization. No… I couldn’t have done it! I couldn’t have killed-

 

“You’re a great warrior indeed. If only you had aimed your slash just a bit lower, my head could’ve been rolling on the ground.” Yoona chuckled and tentatively wiped her marred cheek. Crimson liquid trickled down from the reddish line on the side of her pale face. Yoona locked her eyes with Seohyun’s and smiled. “I know you can do it. Kill me …”

 

“No and never! ”

 

“A life sacrificed is worth millions of life in this world. Would you rather see this world destroyed just for sake of a dirty half-human, half-Serpentaros like me?”

 

“Just…” Seohyun gripped her sword hurtfully tighter. “..C-could you try to ignore that damned prophecy? I never want to lose you, and I’ll never destroy this world! Yoona, I know there’s another better way if we look for it!”

   

The half-human just flashed a sorrowful smile. “Why are you still insisting? I’m just a cursed creature for both humans and Serpentaroses. You’re a Hunter, and it’s your job to hunt down any Serpentaros, including me the half-blood. Why is this so hard for you?”

 

“It’s because I love you! That’s why!” Seohyun cried with tears trickled down her face.

 

Once again, Yoona smiled before disappear under the eclipsing moon. Her presence blended with the night, undetectable to Seohyun’s senses. With racing heart, she desperately cried, “Yoona! Please stop-“

 

Seohyun was silenced as Yoona’s distinct warmth embraced her and warm liquid oozed to her hand. She widened her eyes, her sword stabbed Yoona right in her heart. She wanted to pull away, but Yoona hugged her tighter, coughing blood as the metal edge slipped deeper.

 

“If this you want… Please do me a favor, so I can let you go…” Seohyun whispered ghostly and Yoona nodded weakly. “Kiss me to the death. Bite my lips and my life out from my body.”

 

Yoona was shocked and mustered her breath to whispered, “No… I won’t do it. My venom could kill you, and I-“

 

“That’s what I want Yoona! I’d rather die than live without you!

 

Before Yoona could say anything, a pair of trembling lips crashed to her own. It was indescribable, mix of burning passion and endless sorrow shook her to the soul. Her frozen lips tentatively followed Seohyun in the blissful kiss. Animalistic lust started to ignite inside; forcing her to gluttonously relished the tantalizing sweetness and sinfully marked those tempting lips, for the last time. Unconsciously Yoona sank her fangs gently, carefully feasting on those soft pink pair full of passion.

 

Seohyun moaned in bliss and pain. Metallic taste of blood and bitter venom melted into one, caressing her senses as a warm tongue swirled against her own. So full of warmth yet suffocating. Even death was waiting for them, she only cared less. The only thing in her head was the heavenly sensation she shared with Yoona, and searing pain from the venom.

 

Her grip to the sword loosened, as her body became numb from the venom, but she still could felt the lips on her own gradually became colder.

 

“Never forget… how much I love you, Seohyun…” Yoona breathlessly whispered against her lips, before collapsing to the ground with her sword deeply planted in her heart. Blood pooled from her punctured chest, glowed under dim light of moon eclipse.

 

Seohyun wanted to wail as loud as she could, but the venom paralyzed her too much. Her legs staggered before she fell down, right beside the unmoving form of Yoona. Rain poured from the sky, as if the bloody moon itself shedding tears. Raindrops cascaded down Seohyun’s face, fused with her crystalline liquid from her eyes. For the last time, she took a blurry last view of Yoona.  Lying lifelessly beside her, the serpentine had unspeakable peace under her cold and bloodied body.  

 

With her last breath, she managed the last words she would say.

 

“Yoona… I-I love you…”

 

-X-X

 

Cry, cry, crimson shadow of Moon

Shed your sinful tears upon my cold body

Wail, wail, crimson shadow of Moon

Hum a requiem for her crippled soul

In cold metal edges and bitter venom

Death will never do us apart

As we become one in void

-X-X-

 

Serpentaros basically is like humans but tainted with Hydra's blood in them, so they sport long sharp nails (or I should say claws) and venomous fang. They are more resembling beasts than humans in terms of mind, and they love attacking humans, or even eat them for the most vile ones. That's why Seohyun and other Hunters hunt them down. As a half-blooded Serpentaros, Yoona has weaker venom (but still deathly) and her claws aren't as sharp as the full Serpentaros, but she is much more sane compared to ordinary Senpentaroses. She hates Serpentaroses (and they hate her too) but humans won't accept her. And there is a prophecy about her under the moon eclipse, or known among the Serpentaroses as the Blood Moon.

So that's the rough idea that once I got for a long fanficiion, but I decided to abandon it since I found it too hard for me to write.

Well what do you think about it? Please drop me some feedback so I can improve much better!

 

Thank you for reading and goodnight!^^