Chapter 8

One More Try

Sorry for the long wait..Been really busy..thank u for subscribing and hope u leave some comments too...

 

Chapter 8

“I wish for us, Victoria. I wish for us. I love you so.” Khun uttered with unshed tears in his eyes.

Victoria, overwhelmed with emotions, turned and wrapped her arms around him and whispered.

“I love you too, let’s give ourselves another chance.”

Khun returned her hug and only parted when their mother teased them.

“Yah, you two! We are here with you, okay. Let’s eat first. Your Dad and I are hungry.

“I’m sorry, Mom. I’m just so happy that I’m going to be a father soon.” And reached again for his wife.

Victoria snuggled close to him and Khun draped an arm on her shoulder. When their mother, handed a plate to both of them, Khun told her that they’ll just share a plate since he need to feed Victoria. This earned a chuckle from their mom and dad and Victoria blushed.

“Mom, I need to feed Vicky. She needs to eat more and healthy food since she’s eating for two.” Khun explained.

“But seeing, Vicky‘s eating habits this morning, looks like she’s eating for three.”  Victoria’s father interjected. Victoria blushed even more. When Khun tried to feed her, she refused but Khun insisted. Mr.Song knowing that he’s at fault for teasing his daughter said sorry and told her to eat. Victoria stopped sulking and ate the food her husband offered.

“Vicky, what about your work? What did your doctor advised?” her mom asked.

At the mentioned of her work, Khun turned and waited for his wife’s reply.

“The doctor just told me to go easy a bit. I need to get enough sleep.” She answered.

“I suggest you talk to Krystal about this Victoria. I know your business means a lot but you have to take care of yourself and the baby.” Mr. Song voiced out his concern.

“Krystal and I already discussed this, Dad. She’s very understanding and I promised to think of the baby’s welfare first.” Victoria stated.

“Don’t worry too much Mom,Dad. “ Khun assured his in-laws. “I’m here. I won’t let anything happen to my family.”

Victoria reached for his hand and squeezed it, too touched with his words and their parents just nodded. The whole family spends the rest of the night celebrating Khun’s birthday and the baby announcement.

Their one week vacation in Jeju passed by in a blur. Victoria and Khun spent most of their days resting, swimming and walking by the beach in the evening. It gave them the chance to talk and work things out on their marriage, Mr Song and Khun also spent some days fishing and talking about business. Over all the whole vacation brought the family closer to each other.

Since Victoria took a two-week leave, they decided to spend the last week in their house. Her parents went to visit Sulli before the engagement party. Khun called the hospital and asked them to be off for another week. Taecyon offered to cover all his patients, knowing that he and Victoria are trying to settle things.

It was already ten in the morning, Victoria is still in bed, awake but still too lazy to get up. She just rushed to the bathroom due to morning sickness but went back again and snuggled closer to Khun.

“Honey, since we still have a few days off, can we set your doctor’s appointment anytime soon. “ Khun asked.

“I actually have an appointment with Dr Kim Hye Jung. She was recommended by Dr.Park.” she replied.

“Oh, Dr.Park? I saw him before I left for Bangladesh. Maybe that’s why he was smiling at me like he was hiding something.”  He told her.

“I told him not to tell you because I wanted to surprise you. Are you coming with me on Thursday, then?” Victoria explained.

“Definitely. I want to see our baby and to talk to Dr.Kim.” Khun replied.

“Okay, then its settled. But, what are we going to do today and tomorrow. “Victoria asked.

“We’ll just stay here in our room. Cuddled and sleep like baby cats.” And he dropped a quick kiss on Vicky’s lip. Victoria giggled and then rest her head on Khun’s chest so they can go back to sleep.

Victoria decided to let Beka off for a few days. The woman is really such a big help to her but she also wanted to make it up to her husband. Beka understood her and told her that she’ll return on Monday when the couple goes back to work.  So since it’s just her and Khun, Victoria cooks for her husband- one thing she really loved doing for him. They also went to the grocery together and went to the mall to buy her gown for Sulli’s engagement party on Sunday.

It’s now eight in the morning of Thursday and Khun gently kissed Victoria to wake her up.

“Honey, it’s time for your check up. Wake up, now.”

“What time is Khun?” Victoria asked as she pried her eyes open.

“It’s eight. Come on, sleepy head. I promise to treat you to ice cream later. I already prepared your breakfast.” Khun cajoled.

At the mention of ice cream and breakfast, Victoria got off the bed and head to the bathroom. She was out ten minutes after and went straight to the dining room. Khun was busy fixing the table and he smiled as he watched her walked towards him. Victoria s her arms on his neck and kissed him. When they let go, he ushered her to her seat and served food. He cooked omelet, bacon and sausage. He also got toast and jams. Juice and milk also ready for her.

“Honey, eat now so we can arrive on time.” Khun sweetly ordered so Victoria started her breakfast.

They arrived half past nine for their ten in the morning schedule. They just took a seat on the far right of the clinic to wait. The nurse called them at exactly ten. The couple head to the doctor’s room and was greeted by the warm smile of the doctor. She’s pretty and very charming and when she stood up to shake their hands, Khun noticed her baby bump.

“Dr. Horvejkul nice to see you again, and Mrs.Horvejkul, good morning.” Dr.Kim greeted them.

“Just call us Khun and Victoria. No need to be too formal, Dr.Kim” Victoria replied.

“Khun, I heard you went to a medical mission in Bangladesh. How are the kids there? My husband and I plan to do charity work after I gave birth.” Dr Kim asked Khun.

“They really need medical help, Dr.Kim-specially the kids. It will really be a great help if you can donate to them.”Khun advised.

“I’ll discuss this with my husband. Thanks for the information, Khun. Now, about you and your little one, just go to that room and change, Victoria. I’ll be there in a few minutes.” Dr.Kim ordered. Victoria stood up and Khun followed but Dr Kim held him back.

“I know she’s your wife, Khun but let her dress by herself, okay? You know the drill; we’ll call you in a few minutes.” And the doctor left with a smile.

Khun kept fidgeting on his seat as he waited for the doctor to call him in. It’s been ten minutes and he’s really getting anxious. Just then he heard the door open and saw Dr Kim by the door. He ran towards her and hurriedly went inside.

He found her wife lying on the examination table, she was smiling at him and so he reached for her hand. Dr.Kim walked in and talked to Khun.

“Now, Khun just like what I’ve told your wife, the baby’s developing okay. Victoria is doing well, too although I reminded her to go easy on work. For now, I can say that everything’s okay.  I can do a sonogram too, if you would like.”  Dr Kim offered.

“That would be lovely, Dr.Kim.” and he took a stool just beside Victoria’s bedside while Dr Kim prepared.

When Dr.Kim put some gel on Victoria’s tummy, Khun can’t help but smile as she saw her baby bump. She’s not really showing yet but there’s a little bump already.

“Are you, ready?” Dr.Kim asked and the couple nodded.

Khun, even though a medical practitioner was still in awe the minute he heard the baby’s heartbeat. And when the image on the screen became a bit clear, he can’t help but uttered with glee.

“Honey, that’s our baby. Look at that honey; oh...that’s our little Raspberry!”