Chapter 11

One More Try

Hello subbies and readers! Are you still here?! Sorry for the long wait. Works been really demanding and I cant find the time to write. Anyways, I updated because Im happy that I was able to see Khun last Saturday here in Manila. I was disappointed with the organizer of the event but seeing Khun's lovely face is enough.

So here's a new chapter for everyone. I also would like to ask for everyone's prayer for my beloved country-Philippines for the recently calamity we have faced. My family and I are all okay but there are alot of those who need help.Let's all keep themin our prayers.

Chapter 11

Khun was surprised to receive a call from Victoria in the middle of the day. Normally his busy wife wouldn’t call unless it’s very important. Worrying a bit, he answered the call immediately.

“Hello, honey! Is there something wrong?” he greeted.

“Khunnie! We got the Kim-Park case. The Kim’s chose us to represent them on their case.” Victoria replied enthusiastically.

“Really! That’s great baby. Congratulations.” He replied sharing his wife’s excitement.

“Thank you, baby. I just called to ask if it’s okay if I’ll just take a cab home. Krystal and I will need to prepare for this case. We’ll be meeting them tomorrow.”

“I’ll just pick you up. I’ll be staying late in the hospital since I need to cover another pedia’s shift. Just let me know when you’re done.” Khun countered.

“Are you sure?” Victoria asked.

“Yes, baby. I’ll see you later. Don’t forget to eat, okay?” he reminded before bidding goodbye.

Victoria got back to work as soon as the call ended. Krystal came back after a few hours and they began the preparations for the new client. The Kim and the Parks are two of the wealthiest and famous family in Korea. Both have chains of hotels, airlines, condominiums, department stores and resorts. The case assigned to them is regarding a dispute on the newest building that the Kim’s are constructing. Actually the two battle empire when this lot in Apguejong announced to be for sale and since it’s a very good location both wanted it. The Kim’s won the bidding but the Parks are contesting and won’t let the case rest bringing up even old issues.

It was already nine in the evening but the two ladies are still reviewing their case. Both were startled when they heard a gentle knock on the door followed by its opening.

“Baby, Hello!” Khun greeted as he approached his wife.

Victoria stood up and met him in the middle of the office. She dropped a quick kiss on his lips and uttered.

“Hi baby. Can you give us another ten minutes then we’ll go?”

“Alright. I’ll just wait for you here.” Khun agreed and just take a seat on the receiving area.

Victoria rushed back as soon as she saw that her husband already settled.  When she reached Krystal, she was already tidying up their table.

“Let’s call it a night, Vicky. It’s already late and your husband’s here to fetch you. Mine’s almost here too. I will be here early morning tomorrow but no need for you to come. Just take a good rest.” Krystal blabbered.

“But Krys, that won’t be fair. I’ll be here tomorrow morning. Don’t worry I’ll be fine.” She rebuts.

“Vicky, you’re pregnant and you need to rest. Don’t you trust me? I’ll be ready with the presentation tomorrow.”Krystal explained.

“Of course I trust you!” Victoria exclaimed. “Okay, I won’t be in early. I’ll take a good rest for your goddaughter/son.”  She conceded.

Krystal just grinned and together they head to meet Khun. He stood up as soon as he saw them approaching and took Victoria’s things.

“Hey, Krys. How’s Junho?” he asked.

“He’s good.  He just got back from his business trip in the US.” Krystal replied.

“Isnt he going to fetch you? Would you like us to drop you in your place?” Khun offered.

“It’s okay Khun.  He’s on his way already. Just go ahead and take home your wife. I know she’s very tired.”  Krystal politely refused.

“Alright. But we’ll stay with you till he comes.” And he ushered the ladies and just let them wait in his car.

After ten minutes, Krystal’s husband arrived so she bid goodbye to the couple. Victoria who’s already dosing on the passenger seat just mumbled a goodbye to her friend. As soon as the car started she fell asleep immediately.

The bright morning sun awakens Victoria from deep slumber. Confused she attempted to sit up but nausea hit her full force. She closed her eyes and let it pass for a while. It was the gentle caress on her cheeks that made her open her eyes again.

“Good morning baby, it’s almost eight. Would you like your breakfast here or shall I wait for you in the dining room.” Khun affectionately whispered.

“I’ll just take a quick shower. But, baby I can’t remember going to bed. Did you carry me and change my clothes?”  Victoria asked.

“I didn’t have the heart to wake you up when we arrived. Yes I carried you from the car to here and of course change you into your favorite pajamas. “He confirmed.

“I’m sorry Khun. Guess I was really tired.” She apologized.

“It’s okay baby. I’m here to help you. That’s the reason why I don’t want you to take the car. I’m afraid that you might be too sleepy on the way home and meet accident. I’ll be here to pick you up every night, okay.” Khun explained.

Victoria nodded and gave him a kiss. When they parted Khun assisted her off the bed and she head to the shower.  She was ready for work after almost thirty minutes.

Just as she predicted, Krystal was already in the office when she came in. They immediately review the presentation and after making sure that everything’s ready the two head to the meeting place. When they reached the Seoul Regency, the Kim’s were already waiting. Over all it was a successful discussion with their client giving them their full trust. The separated amicably after scheduling the next meeting and the two lady lawyer decided to head back to their office. They were on their way out, when someone called Victoria’s name. She turned to see who it was and was a bit surprised to see who it was.

“Lee Donghae” Victoria greeted with a forced smile.

“Victoria Song, nice to see you again. How have you been?”  Donghae greeted with a leer.

“It’s Victoria Horvejkul now, Mr Lee and as you can see I’m all good.”  She replied.

“Ahh…so you really got married with him.” He smugly remarked. “Anyway, I heard your representing the Kims on their case. Just a simple advise, Atty. Horvejkul.” and he even walked closely to her.

“Prepare well and be ready. The Parks lawyer I heard is a very good one. I’ll see you in the court.”  And he started walking away.

Krystal sighed and whispered. “Lee Donghae, the Parks' representative. Aishh, why does it have to be him?”