Chapter 15

One More Try

Hello there Subbies! Did you miss me? kekeke.. I'm back after a long hiatus. Here's an update on this long standing fic. Again, my apologies for making you wait. I guess Im a bit okay now.My shipping heart is healed but there's a permanent scar left by the whole fiasco last April. Guess it was really hurtful for me because it was just a few days away from my birthday when it happened. Anyways, I hope you will leave some comment on this update. I'll update soon..

Chapter 15

Khun was called in to assist in an emergency case just before he head out of his clinic. He tried calling Victoria to inform her that he’ll be late and to wait for him in her office but her phone was off. He just sent her a message and reminded her not to go home alone.

Victoria just arrived in their office after meeting with their client. Krystal went ahead since she has to meet up with her husband. Victoria felt so exhausted so she decided to just wait for Khun in her office. It was already after office hours so her secretary already left as well. She dozed off while waiting but then she woke up when her tummy rumbled. It was already past eight in the evening but Khun has not arrived. She checked her phone but no message from him. Thinking that it might be late before her husband finished his duty; Victoria decided to just take a cab and head home. She also sent a message to Khun so her husband won’t worry.

She boarded a cab and gave the driver their address. Almost half way home, she again felt very hungry and asked the driver to pull over and stop for a while so she can buy food in a nearby food cart. She bought two servings of Teukbokki and fish cakes and boarded the cab again. As soon as she reached their house, she went straight to the kitchen and ate all the food she bought.

Khun arrived at around ten in the evening rushing to check on his wife. She found her sitting in the middle of the couch, crying her eyes out.

“Vicky, Oh my God! What happened? Why are you crying?” and he ran towards her enfolding her in his arms.

Victoria didn’t reply and instead continue weeping.

“Baby, tell me what’s wrong, please.  Are you hurt? Did you receive another package?” Khun asked in worrisome.

“What package are you talking about?” Victoria suddenly stopped crying and asked.

“Tell me first why you are crying. Is there something wrong?” Khun turned pale realizing his blunder.

“This movie is heart breaking.  The kid’s father is sentenced to death.” Victoria explained.

“You mean you’re crying over a movie? Goodness, honey! You scared me.” Khun uttered in relief.

“It’s not just a movie. It’s heart breaking. Now tell me, what package you are talking about?” she countered.

“Hmmm...Oh I’m sorry honey. It’s just Dad sent us a package. I thought he sent a separate one for you.” Khun made up an alibi.

“No I didn’t receive any. Anyway, honey, how’s the emergency case?” Victoria asked as she hugged her husband.

“It was a tough case. Toddler was beaten up by her mother. He had head trauma and broken arms. Mother was too drunk and taken her outrage to his husband on that poor kid.” Khun narrated.

“I hope the kid recovers soon. He is innocent and a victim. Did they arrest the mother?” Victoria asked again.

“Yes. She’s in prison now and custody of the child will go to the father when he comes out of the hospital. The father is so remorseful; he didn’t know his wife will do that since she was the one who asked for divorce. “He explained.

“ Hope everything’s gonna be okay for the kid. Baby, did you have dinner. I just bought some Teukbokki on the way home and had that for dinner. Do you want me to ask Beka to cook for you?” she asked.

“It’s okay. I’ll just eat what’s left on your food. I’m too sleepy anyway.” And the couple head to the kitchen.  Khun ate the left ove Teokbokki and some fruits. After eating they went to their room and call it a day.

The next morning, Victoria arrived earlier than Krystal. She immediately reviewed their case and double checked the documents they will present in the court later in the afternoon. They have to be ready since they only have 2 more trial days left before verdict will be given. To make things worse, Donghae has been a nuisance in defending his client. Victoria and Krystal took a lot of patience to keep their composure during the trial. After about fifteen minutes, Krystal arrived and they go thru with the documents again. They left the office after lunch for the trial.

“Hey, baby, I’m on my way home.” Victoria greeted as soon Khun picked up the call.

“But baby, who’s with you? Are you taking a cab?” Khun asked worriedly.

“No baby. Krystal’s sending me home. I’m not feeling well. We just finished another trial for the Kim’s case. Donghae’s acting like a pest again.” Victoria recounted.

“Just be patient and don’t mind him, baby.  Take a good rest as soon as you’re home. Our child will feel what you’re feeling so try to cheer up, okay.” Khun replied to lighten the mood.

“I will baby. Come home soon. I’ll wait for you.” She answered.

“I’ll just finish this one scheduled check up then I’m be going home. Love you baby. See you in a bit” and Khun bid goodbye.

Krystal left as soon as Victoria entered their house. Beka – their household help immediately greeted her.

“Victoria-ssi, would you like to have some snack before you rest?” Beka offered.

“Can I have juice and some fruits? I don’t wanna be full since Khun will be coming home soon. We’ll just have dinner early.” Victoria replied.

“Sure. I’ll just prepare it for you. Take a seat in the dining room. By the way, there’s a letter addressed to you. I left it in the table.” Beka retort and went to the kitchen.

Victoria head to the dining room and saw the envelop.  No return address or sender’s name can be seen. She curiously opened it and gasped with what she saw.

Khun was on his way out of the hospital when an orderly rushed to him.

“Dr.Horvejkul, Dr.Kim is looking for you. Your wife was rushed in the emergency room just a few minutes ago!”