Chapter10

One More Try

Hello everyone. I'm back with an update.. Thank you for those who waited for this fanfic..

Chapter10

Going back to work after two weeks of vacation is really a nightmare. Though Krystal did a good job in attending to some cases, Victoria still need to work on a lot of backlogs. She started going thru each files as soon as she took a seat and it’s almost two in the afternoon yet she hadn’t eaten yet. Her phone kept on ringing but she didn’t hear it coz it’s still in her bag. She was startled when she heard her office phone ring…

“Honey, why were you not answering your phone?”  A worried Khun asked hurriedly.

“I’m sorry honey. I got so busy and forgot to take it from my bag.” Victoria apologized. Just then she heard a knock on her door so she stood up and opened it.

“I bet you forgot to take your lunch too, right?” Khun uttered as he hold a bento box near her face.

The strong scent of Kimchi whiffed passed her making her stomach revolt. Victoria ran towards the bathroom leaving her very confused husband. After a few minutes she emerged from the restroom, sweating and all.

“Honey, tell me what’s wrong? “ Khun asked again.

“The smell, honey. Please throw that away. It’s so disgusting! “Victoria exclaimed.

“It’s your favorite- Kimchi stew. You don’t like it?” he even removed it from the box and showed her.

Victoria covered her nose and kept on shaking her head. Khun rushed out of the room bringing the poor Kimchi stew with him. When he came back, Victoria was already busy munching on the lettuce leaves. She’s eating it without the pork. She just dipped the leaves in the olive oil.

“Baby you like me to wrapped one for you?” he offered.

“No.  I just want the leaves. And honey do you have green tea ice cream? Can I have some?” Victoria cutely asked.

“Good thing I have one. Just finished your meal then you can have your ice cream.”  Khun replied, watching as his wife munch on the leaves and took a couple spoonful of rice. She then asked for her ice cream and he can’t help but give in to her.

“Honey, don’t you have any schedule now?” Victoria asked in between spoonful of ice cream.

“I just dropped by to make sure you have lunch. I don’t want you to forget to eat. It’s not good for our baby. I’ll be leaving in a while.” He explained.

“I’m sorry baby. I’m just so busy now. I’ll try to eat on time tomorrow. Don’t worry too much.” She assured her husband and dropped a quick kiss on his lips.

“I’ll go ahead now. I’ll pick you up around six.” Khun bid good bye after kissing her.

Victoria immersed herself with work again after her husband left. She didn’t notice the time passed by and only when Krystal opened the door did she again stood up from her desk.

“Vicky!I’m so glad you’re back. I’m sorry if didn’t see you the whole day. I was in a trial and now I need to rush back home. Junho’s on his way to pick me up.” Krystal blabbered

“It’s okay SooJung. Thank you for covering for me while I was on vacation. You better go ahead and don’t let that husband of yours wait.” Vicky replied with a smile.

“Do you want us to drop you to your place?” her friend asked.

“Khun will be here soon.” She retort which earned a raised eyebrow from Krystal. “I know I haven’t told you everything so let’s have lunch tomorrow, okay.” She offered as peace offering.

“You better do that Vicky or else I won’t buy you food even if you beg me.” Krystal threatens her.

“Promise, Soojung. How can I keep a secret from my best friend?” Vicky gave her a hug.

“Okay, I’ll go ahead. Good night Vicky. Take care on the road.” And Krystal rushed out of the room.

Khun arrived about thirty minutes after. Victoria’s not yet done with her case so she asked if he can wait for a bit. Her husband agreed and just took a seat on the couch as she went back to work. 

She finally closed the documents she was reviewing. Her stomach’s rumbling and she silently swore when she saw the time on her watch- it’s already have past seven. She hurriedly packed her bag and approached her husband. She felt very sorry when she saw him sleeping on the couch. She gently shook him and whispered.

“Wake up, honey. “

Khun automatically sat up and said sorry that he fell asleep.

“I’m sorry, honey. I should have stopped when you arrived but it’s really important. I’ll call Beka so she can have our dinner ready by the time we arrived.” Victoria sincerely apologized as Khun helped her with her coat.

“It’s okay Baby. Come on let’s go home.”

The next morning, Khun dropped her again in the office. He was almost out of the door when Victoria asked.

“Honey, would you let me drive to work?”

“Honey, you’re already exhausted with your work. Driving will tire you all the more.” Khun reasoned out.

“But, you’re also tired from your clinic and hospital calls. Baby, I’ll be fine.” Victoria countered.

“I’ll feel better when I know you’re not tiring you’re self so much. Please baby, try to understand.” Khun explained.

Victoria nodded so Khun reached for her and gave her a kiss before finally heading out.

Krystal’s excited screams broke Victoria’s concentration from reading.

“Vicky! Darling! This is it!”

Victoria stood up and approached her friend.

“Hey Krystal, wont you calm down and tell me why you’re freaking out!”

“We got the Kim Empire Vicky! Finally! We will sign as representative on their current case.”

“You mean we will represent them on the case against the Parks?” Vicky asked in pure delight.

Krystal nodded. “This is the biggest break for us Vicky. I’m so happy and excited. We need to work hard for this”

“We will Krystal. We will.”