Chapter 17

One More Try

sorry for not updating for soooo long. But just incase you're still interested, here's an update for you guys!

 

 

“Bangladesh?” He asked in surprise.

“The team is currently in need of another volunteer. Well since you’ve been part of the last mission, I added your name on our list.” Tiffany explained.

“But I can’t. I’m sorry, Tiffany. My wife is already seven months pregnant. I cannot leave her alone.” Khun turned down the offer.

“You mean you and Victoria are back together? “The lady asked again.

“Yes. We’ve been together since I came back from the mission.” He explained.

“I see. Well, I’ll just tell Doctor Simmon that you can’t make it this time.” Tiffany accepted and bid goodbye.

Khun thanked her and hang up just in time for Victoria to walk in and ready for their shopping.

“Honey, who were you talking to? Is that from the hospital?” Victoria asked.

“No, honey. It’s from the Bangladesh mission team- they’re asking if I can join in this coming mission but I declined.” Khun answered.

“Oh! Would you like to go? I mean I think I’m stable enough and I know Minho and his team will take good care of our security.” Victoria, though hesitant still offered.

“It’s okay. I cannot leave you and the baby .Besides, I still can volunteer next time.” Khun assured her with a smile.

Victoria hugged him and hand in hand they went to the department store.

A week after the incident, Victoria went back to work. As what Minho advised, they added security group for Victoria and Krystal.

Welcome back, Vicky!” Krystal greeted and hugged her partner.

“Yah! It’s as if you haven’t seen me for long.” Victoria teased. “How’s the trial going, Krys?” she asked.

“Well, it’s going fine. I’m 90% sure we’ll win this case.” Krystal replied confidently.

“What about Donghae? Is he still being a pest?” Victoria asked again.

“What do you expect? He still gets into my nerves. If not only for the idea that it’s wrong to wish someone ill, I want him to be eaten alive by rodents.” Krystal ranted.

“ Aissh, stop that. I’m getting images and it’s not good for the baby.” Victoria countered and Krystal hugged her.

“I’m sorry, Vicky. Let me handle the Kim’s case. Don’t fuss about it. Now, I wanna see how you decorated my soon to be goddaughter’s room.”

“You sound so sure that my baby’s going to be a girl!” Victoria smiled.

“Of course. Believe me, Vicky.” Krystal confirmed. “I’m sorry but I got to go now. I’ll prepare for another meeting with the Kim’s later for tomorrow’s trial. Are you sure you can be alone here.” Krystal asked.

“Im not alone Krys. The security team is just outside as well as our secretary. I’ll be fine.” Victoria assured her. With that Krystal left and Victoria began working on her backlogs and reading email.

By one o’clock, her office door opens and Khun walked in with a brown paper bag in hand.

“Let’s have a quick lunch. I have schedule in an hour.”

“You shouldn’t have rushed here. I’ll take lunch in a while anyways.” Victoria replied.

“Don’t fuss now, honey. Come on let’s eat.” Khun ordered.

The two shared the Chinese takeout Khun bought. He was in a hurry but he made sure that Victoria eats well. As soon as they finished, he cleared out the boxes, dropped a quick kiss on his wife and rushed out.The whole day, Victoria busied herself with updating her pending cases and replying to emails.

The day of the final trial arrived. Victoria is though already heavy with her child decided to join Krystal. Ruling will be announced that day. Khun tried to persuade her not to go but Victoria is really adamant to support the case. Her heart almost leaped when the judge announced that they have won the case.

“ Oh my God! Vicky we made it!! “ Krystal exclaimed while hugging Victoria.

“Thank you Krys. You’ve worked so hard on this case. You deserve all the praise.” Victoria sincerely replied.

The Kims thanked them and requested for them to come for a celebratory dinner. Victoria begged off but Krystal will be joining.  She requested for them to just drop her off in the office so Khun can fetch her.  Just as they arrived in the office, Victoria saw Donghae by the entrance of the building. Fear crept inside her but she calmed a bit when she saw the guards following her.

“ Are you happy now that you’ve won, Mrs. Horvejkul?” Donghae asked sarcastically.

“Definitely Atty.Lee. We won because we deserve it.” Victoria replied.

“Don’t be too confident. I will be forward a motion for this case.” Donghae uttered and left.

As soon as Khun arrived, she told her of what happened. Khun was furious but Victoria assured him that she was safe since guards are always around her. They immediately went home since she had a scheduled check up the next day.

The couple arrived at the hospital for check up at around nine in the morning. They were surprised to see the queue. She went to the receptionist to check on her schedule.

“Hi Mrs. Horvejkul. We are running behind our schedules. Dr. Kim is attending an emergency C-section so Dr. Hwang is attending to her patients. If you can wait for a bit.” The nurse at the reception advised.

“No problem. Will be waiting for my turn.” Victoria replied with a smile.

Khun and Victoria took a seat but then Khun’s phone ring and he stepped out of the clinic.

“Honey, there’s an accident on the free way. I have to go to the hospital to assist. “ Khun uttered as he rushed back to Victoria’s side.

“No worries, Khun. Go now and help them. I’ll just see you later.” Victoria replied and kissed Khun goodbye.

After waiting for almost an hour, Victoria‘s name was called out and she went to the assigned cubicle. The nurse helped her out to change and asked her to wait for the doctor. Patiently, Victoria  waited for the doctor and was surprised  to see the person by the door.

“ Hello there, Atty.Horvejkul.” Tiffany Hwang greeted.