Chapter 3

One More Try

Thank you for all those who read and left comments on the previous chapters. Hope u will continue reading..

Chapter 3

Victoria slowly opened her eyes and adjusted to the sterile white room. She felt a lot better and rested, and now she’s feeling hungry. She never had any proper meal before she passed out. She tried to look around and was surprise to see Lee Junho-Krystal’s husband sitting in one of the couch. His eyes close and it’s as if he was sleeping. She didn’t want to bother him so she just stayed quiet and lay still and hope that a nurse will come soon so she can ask for food. After about ten minutes, the door opens with Krystal making her way towards her husband. She gently shook him to wake him up. Junho woke up instantly and gave his wife a kiss. The couple talked in hush tone, careful so as not to wake Victoria not knowing that she’s been watching them.  She can’t help but miss her husband, her tears started falling now and she tried hard not to sniff so her friends wouldn’t notice. Too bad, Krystal already sensed that she’s awake so she rushed to her side.

“Oh, Vicky, what’s wrong? Where does it hurt? Do you want me to call the doctor?” Krystal asked full of concern.

Victoria shook her head and her friend understood her state and just wiped her tears. Just then, her doctor arrived so Krystal moved back, Junho standing behind her and introduced themselves to the doctor.

“Hello, Victoria. How are you feeling now?”The doctor asked with a smile.

“I’m feeling better but a bit hungry.” Victoria replied with a slight blush.

“That’s nice to hear and don’t worry I’ll ask the nurse to bring you some food.”  Dr.Park replied. “By the way Victoria, have you been feeling dizzy lately?” he enquired to which Victoria just nodded.

“She’s not eating much, doctor.” Krystal interjected. Vicky glared at her but she just ignored her.

“Well, Mrs. Lee, that’s a bit normal for her condition” the doctor advised.

“Hmm, Dr.Park can you just tell me what’s wrong with me?” Victoria asked nervously.

“Well, let’s just say that congratulation is in order. You’re pregnant, Mrs. Horvejkul.” Dr Park gladly announced.

“I’m going to have a baby?” she asked in shocked.

“Yes, Victoria. You’re two months pregnant so you have to take care of yourself. I’ll endorse you to one of our best OB-gyn to give you advice on prenatal care. She’ll be here in a while. You can be discharge once she talks to you.” Dr Park explained.

Victoria just nodded and the doctor bid goodbye. She asked for him not to tell her husband- Khun and Doctor Park knew each other though they were from different hospitals. A few minutes already passed but she still can’t digest what the doctor told her. Krystal sat beside her in bed and offered her apples.

“What will I do Krys, can I raise the baby on my own?” she asked her friend.

“Of course you can. But I think you should tell him about the baby, Vicky. He has the right to know.”  Krystal replied.

“I don’t know, Krys. Khun really wants to have kids and he’ll be thrilled to know that he’s going to be a father. But given the situation we are in now, I’m not sure if he’ll appreciate it.” She explained.

“Just think it over Vicky. As for now, you need to take care of yourself better. Yah! Promise that I’ll be the baby’s godmother, okay?” her friend cheerfully teased.

“Who else do you think will I get? That way, you and Junho can take care of the baby if I want to rest and relax.” She answered back.

“We will always be here Vicky. Right, honey?” and Krystal turned to her husband who was just sitting-watching the two girls with amusement.

“Of course. Now you two cut this drama. Honey, just let Vicky eat in peace.” Junho teased the girls, earning a gentle swat from his wife.

Victoria was released the next day and Krystal and Junho send her home. Krystal was a bit wary leaving her alone but she assured her that she’ll be fine. She asked her friend to just handle all her pending work and she’ll be back the next day. After assuring her that she’ll be fine the couple left so she can rest.

The next day, Victoria woke up with a queasy stomach. She ran to the bathroom and throw up. Feeling wasted and tired, she took a quick shower, grab a pack of saltine crackers and drive towards to the office. When she arrived, Krystal was already waiting for her.

“Come on Vicky; let’s have breakfast before we start our day.” Krystal offered.

“Krys, I don’t what breakfast, I’ll just throw it up anyway. I’ll just take these crackers with juice.” She gently declined.

“But Vicky it’s not healthy. Remember the baby needs to be nourished. Come on, Vic, just try.”  The other girl cajoled.

“Alright, alright! But if I throw up again, it’s your entire fault okay.” Victoria replied. Krystal nodded and they head to the cafeteria.

For days, the two continued this routine.  Krystal has been very supportive with her condition. Sometime, she would caught Victoria fast asleep in the middle of the day, other times, she would asked her to drive her home since she’s so dizzy.  One time, Krystal instead of sending her home let her stay in the couple’s apartment.

“Vicky, have you thought about talking to Khun. I believe that he should know.”  Krystal started.

“I will drop by the hospital tomorrow. Whatever will be his decision, if he’ll come back or not, I will respect. I just have to do this for our baby.” Vic replied.

“Do you want me to come with you?” her friend offered.

“It’s okay Krys. I can do this. “She assured her and hugged her friend.

The next day, Victoria arrived at the hospital around ten in the morning. Normally, Khun’s clinic hours start at eleven but he usually arrives early. When she came in his secretary was not in her table but the lights were still on. She was about to knock on his door when she heard something.

“I’m sure you’re going to enjoy this Khun!  Bring some sun block so you won’t get burn. I’ll see you in the airport.” 

“Of course, Tiff. Would you like me to just pick you up?” Khun asked.

“Its okay, Khun. Still have some errands to run before the flight. I’ll just see you there.” The girl replied.

Victoria was rooted on her spot. Tiffany? Did she heard it right? She was still dazed when the door opened.

“Victoria?”  Both Tiffany and Khun exclaimed.

She glared and Khun then at the girl before asking.

“You’re leaving somewhere with her?”  Victoria asked with a stern voice.

“Yes, Victoria..But..” Khun replied but before he can even finish explaining Victoria cut him and said.

“That’s all I need to know.” She replied, hurt evident in her eyes and walked out of the clinic.