Chapter 9

One More Try

Hello everyone! Im very sorry for the long wait. Ive been really busy and also got sick. I tried to finished this yesterday in time for Khuntoria's 3rd anniversary but my meds lulled me to dreamland early.Anyways, I hope my subbies and readers are still here. Btw,I wasnt able to recover the story in my usb =(  I will have to save the previous chapters on my new files.

 

“Honey, that’s our baby. Look at that honey; oh...that’s our little Raspberry!” Khun exclaimed.

Victoria and Dr Kim can’t help but chuckled at his excitement. Even after the sonogram, Khun was still dazed and just kept on smiling. They went back to the doctor’s office so they can get Victoria’s prescription.

“Nothing can compare to the joy of being a parent, right Khun?” Dr Kim teased Khun as she wrote Vicky’s records.

“Definitely, Dr.Kim. I work with kids and it’s always fun to have them around. Now I can’t wait to see our own baby.” Khun replied; happiness radiating on his face.

“Dr.Kim, this is not your 1st child right? What book should I read so I can prepare better?” Victoria enquired.

“This is our 3rd child. We already have a five year old daughter- Soo Jin and a three year old boy- Young Jae. I’ll write down some books here but let me tell you, you will learn a lot more by experience. Don’t miss out on the joy of pregnancy by fretting too much.” Dr.Kim stated with a smile.

“Thank you, Dr.Kim.We’ll see you next month.” Victoria replied sincerely and the couple bid goodbye to the doctor.

Khun drove them to the nearest ice cream parlor since he promised his wife to treat her after the check up. Victoria’s eyes widen in delight as she tried to decide which flavor to choose. After a few minutes, she gave her order to the staff and Khun can’t help but asked.

“Honey, will all the flavors go well, together?”

“I think so.” She simply answered. The staff delivered Victoria’s order- a mix of green tea, strawberry, chocolate and vanilla ice cream while Khun chose a simple cup of vanilla ice cream. As soon as the tub was placed in front of her, Victoria devoured the dessert.

“Slow down, honey.” Khun reminded her.

“I need to eat fast, honey. I don’t like melted ice cream.” Victoria replied while taking another spoonful.

Khun just let her be and within just a few minutes his wife finished the tub of ice cream. They left the ice cream parlor and head back to their house. When they arrived, Vicky called and checked on Krystal. Her friend told her that everything’s okay in the office and not to rush back to work. Victoria promised to see her on the coming Monday.

It’s now four in the afternoon of Sunday and Victoria is busy preparing for Sulli’s engagement party. She’s already dressed and has done her makeup but she just stood in front of the mirror with a gloomy face. Khun who just finished dressing up stood behind her and asked worriedly.

“Honey, what’s with the face? Are you not feeling well? We can just stay home if you’re not okay. I’ll call Mom and Dad.”

Victoria took a deep sigh before answering. “No, I’m okay, baby. It’s just that I think I’m fat and ugly now. See, my S line’s all gone and the bump is showing already.”

Khun envelop her in a loose hug, his hand splayed on her little baby bump. He was staring at her thru the mirror and gently whispered.

“Honey, listen to me. You are not fat and ugly. You have gorgeous set of doe eyes, lovely nose and very kissable lips. You may be showing a bit now, but it makes you ier in my eyes. You carrying our baby, the proof of our love growing inside you makes me love you more. You are still and will always be the most beautiful woman in my life.”

Victoria turned to face him and give him a kiss. He kissed her back trying to erase his wife’s woes. When they parted Victoria asked as she wiped the lipstick on Khun’s lips.

“Will you still like me even if I grow as big as a whale? Will you still sleep beside me even if I will occupy much space on the bed? Will you still find me y even if my feet will be swollen and I will just waddle instead of walking?”

“Yes, yes and yes.” Khun replied and punctuated each word with a kiss.

Victoria giggled and wrapped his arms around him. “Thank you Khun. Thank you for being here for me and our baby. I promise to love you more each day.”

“I love you too; Vicky. You and our baby will always be my priority. I will do my best to keep you happy.” Khun retort sincerely. “Now love let’s get going. I’m sure mom and Dad will worry if we’re late.”

Victoria retouched her make up a bit and then they head to Sulli and Minho’s engagement party.

There were a lot of guest in the hotel but the party has not started when the couple arrived. Khun and Victoria went to greet their parents before Vicky checked Sulli and Khun to Minho. Both just greeted the couple and went together to their seat when the engagement party is about to start. They watch the program holding hands, silent but comfortable in each other’s company.

During the dinner, Victoria’s father was asked to give a speech. Vicky light chuckled because he knew how his father hated talking in public.

“Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming and for sharing this wonderful event with us. Today, we officially announced my youngest daughter’s engagement to Minho.  I just can’t believe that I will be giving away my princess Sulli soon. As you all know, my eldest princess, my lovely Victoria is already married to Nichkhun.” He paused and asked Vicky and Khun to come over. Khun assisted his wife and together they stood beside Mr.Song

“I’m also glad to let everyone know that my lovely princess, Victoria is going to be a mother soon. So you see, this is a double celebration to our family.”

The crowd gave a big round of applause as Vicky and Khun bowed to them. Sulli rushed to Vicky’s side and hugged her while Minho shook hands with Khun. When everyone settled, Mr Song, continue his speech.

“Minho,I asked this to Khun when he asked permission to marry Victoria. I will ask this to you for my baby Sulli. Love her with all that you are. Treat her with respect and be faithful. If you can promise that, then I can be at peace even if it’s hard for me to let go of my daughter.”

Minho replied.” Yes, father –in- law. I will forever love Sulli. I will be faithful and I will give her respect. I will work hard and I will try to make her happy for the rest of our lives.”

Mr Song shook Minho’s hand. Sulli who was in tears the whole time hugged her soon to be husband. The crowd cheered and gave a loud applause to the family.

The next day, Victoria is still sleeping soundly when Khun got up. He took a quick shower and dress up before going downstairs. Beka was almost done with breakfast so he decided to wake up his wife.

“Honey, time to wake up now.” He whispered on Victoria’s ears and gently tugged on her arms.

Victoria laced her arms on Khun’s neck and asked with eyes still closed. “What time is it, baby?”

“Half past seven, honey.” Khun replied and dropped a quick kiss on Vicky’s lips. “Come on love, take a shower and I’ll drop you to your office. I don’t want you driving. I’ll come pick you up later too.”

She nodded and head to the shower. They ate breakfast- Victoria just had a bowl of oatmeal while Khun had bacon and toast. At half past eight, Victoria kissed Khun goodbye with him driving straight to the hospital. Their vacation is over and it’s time to face the real world again.