Chapter 1

One More Try

 

Hello guys! sorry for not posting the first chapter soon. Anyways, here it is and hope to get feedback from you

 

It was a clear sunny day in Korea. It’s just three in the afternoon but Victoria’s making her way out of the office. For a workaholic like her, it was very unusual to be going home when the sun is still up but she was feeling a bit under the weather. She was half way home when she remembered that their pantry’s almost empty so she decided to buy some groceries. After thirty minutes she was home.

Victoria was surprised to see her husband’s car on the driveway. She picked up the bags and let herself in. They don’t have any household help since it’s just the two of them anyway.  She dropped the bags on dining room and began putting the stuffs in the cupboard and fridge. She was almost done when she heard rustling in the living room.

“Yeobo!” she called and ran towards her husband.  She was startled, as she saw his suitcase on the foot of the stairs.

“Victoria.” Khun simply replied

“What is that suitcase for? Are you going somewhere, Yeobo? “She asked. Suddenly she felt a chill in her spine like something’s not right. Khun walked towards his suitcase and stopped in front of her.

“Don’t pretend that nothing’s wrong Victoria. “He curtly answered. “I m leaving you.”

“Tell me you’re just kidding, Khun. Come on, I will prepare our dinner. Let’s talk.”  And she reached for his hand but he stepped back to avoid her.

“It’s too late Victoria. I’m too tired playing second priority in your life.” Khun dejectedly replied.

“You are my 1st priority Khun. How can you say that? You are my husband.” Victoria refuted.

“Yes I ‘am your husband but have you been a wife to me? You spend more time with your work. Heck, I can’t even remember the last time we had peaceful dinner at home.” He ranted.

“But you know about my work even before we got married. This is my baby Khun- something I started on my own.  Things can be really demanding but that didn’t change what you mean to me.” She defended herself.

“Really?” he mockingly asked her. “Then do you even remember what’s the occasion the other day?

Victoria stared at him- a bit confused and tried to think of an answer. Then she checked the calendar on her phone. All the blood drained from her face when she finally realized what day it was.

“It was our fifth anniversary, Victoria. I sent you a message and waited for you. You didn’t even bother to reply or answered my calls. “Khun told her with voice full of hurt.

Tears run down on her cheeks as she saw how badly he has hurt his husband. She tried to reach for his hand but he stepped back again.

“I’m so sorry, Khun. I really didn’t mean to forget it. It’s just that the case is almost over and I need to get things done immediately. I’ll make it up to you. I promise to take some time off and spend time with you.” She apologized.

“That’ll be an empty promise again, Vicky. I’ve heard it all before. You promise that after three years, we can start our plans to have a baby but you’re still holding it off. You promise that we will celebrate our 4th anniversary in Thailand and see Grandma but you cancelled it because of the case you’re handling.  I don’t want to hear another promise from you.”  Khun elaborated.

“Is this just about having a baby, Khun? I never said that we cannot have one. I just told you we can wait a bit more.” She reacted. “Did you marry me because you only want a baby?” Victoria accusingly asked.

“That b_llsh-t, Victoria! You know I’m not like that. I married you because I love you. And after all this time, after all the times that you took me for granted, and stupid as it may seem, I still do. “He answered -his voice quivering, trying all his best not to shout at her.

“Then why do you have to leave if you still love me?” she asked. Her eyes full of tears. She stepped closer and wrapped her arms around him. He just stood still and after sometime he took a deep breath and pushed her gently.

“ Because I need time to find myself and you also have to. I want you to realize what I meant to you and our marriage. I’m sorry but I have to let you go.” And he took his suitcase and walked out of their house.