The Unfinished Old Story

Snow Princess

Year by year passed. Now, Princess Seohyun was 5 years old. She grew becoming a cheerful and cute little girl. Everyone loved her. She was also active and always wondered everything she saw and hear.

One day, the queen was reading a fairy tale for her in her bedroom. The queen always did it before Princess Seohyun slept in the night. And Princess Seohyun loved it much

. “..............and finally all the people in the country lived happily ever after”, said the queen ended the story.

Little Princess Seohyun who was lying in her bed didn’t say anything and just stared through the window beside her. She was watching the snow fell outside.

“My dear.......” called the queen.

Princess Seohyun stayed silent for a while. Finally, she spoke.

“Mom, why it always snow everyday? I never see the flowers blooming here. And i never see how the sunshine is. Just like in the story i heard. It may looks beautifull. But why it never happened here?” asked Princess Seohyun.

Queen Yoona smiled to her and caressed her hair.

“Do you want to hear the story of it? But, the story haven’t reach its ending. Do you still want to hear it?” asked Queen Yoona.

“Yes, mom. I really want to hear it. Please tell me”, answered the little princess.

“Alright then. So here the story. Long time ago, there was a cruel woman lived in this country. The woman was a bad witch. She always cursed everything and everyone she hated with her black magic.

At that time, our country was always sunny everyday. The flowers always grew and bloomed beautifully everyday. The air was so cool and warm. Everywhere was green and colorful. That’s why our kingdom named Blossom Kingdom. All the people lived peacefully.

But, the witch didn’t like the peacefull situation like that. So, she used her powerful black magic to destroyed the blossom atmosphere here, turned becoming cold and cloudy. No more sunshine, no more the blooming flower. Everywhere was frozen and gloomy. The snow always fell everyday, just like this. No one can broke the spell. It was so powerfull.

And after that, the witch dissapeared. Never came back”, said the queen.

Princess Seohyun stayed silent hearing that.

“Is true, mom? Was it really happened?” asked the princess.

“I don’t know. It’s just what people always told,” answered the queen.

Suddenly, the bell of the clock rang. It was a bed time for Seohyun.

“Okay, my dear. It’s your time to sleep. Good night. Have a nice dream, my sweetheart”, said the queen and kiss her forehead.

“Good night, mom”, said the princess

The queen was about leaving, when the princess called her.

“Mom.....”

“Yes, my dear?” the queen turned to the princess.

“Is it really impossible for our country blossomed again? Is really nothing can break the spell?” asked little Princess Seohyun innocently.

Queen Yoona silent for a while.

“Actually, they said, there was one.....”

“What is it, mom?”

Queen Yoona smiled to her lovely daughter.

“A love.......a true love......”

Princess Seohyun was confused.

“Huh? What is ‘love and true love’, mom?”

“It was a strong feeling, very strong that nothing can break it. Nothing. Even the most powerful magic cannot destroy it.

Very sincere.......

Endlesss.......

That’s the true love..........” Queen Yoona smiled to the innocent little princess.

“Now, it’s time for you to sleep. Good night”, the queen while walking to the door and exit the room

 

“I want to finish the story.....”said little Princess Seohyun. She closed her eyes and began to travell in her beautiful dream.

***