A New Queen

Snow Princess

Since the day Queen Yoona died, Princess Seohyun was gloomy everyday. She never wanted to play again. She never laughed. Even, Sunny, her new personal maid, couldn’t make her cheerfull anymore. All she wanted just saw the queen. All she wanted just be with her mom.

King Leeteuk was sad during the time of her wife had passed away. But, the saddest was when he looked her daughter was not happy anymore. He tried his best to made her happy, but all were useless. He became a little bit frustation.

He was in his room, sitting in his chair while his right elbow propped his head. He was thinking about his little princess. Suddenly, his door was knocked

. “Your majesty, this me. I brought your tea”, said someone from outside.

“Oh, Soo Young, please come in”, said the king.

Soo Young is King Leeteuk’s personal assistant. She managed administrations in the kingdom. She was a wise person, it was why sometimes the king always asked her an advice whenever he faced problem.

The door opened and a tall girl who was wearing a blue gown came in. Her hair was short, up in her shoulder. The blue headscraft she wore, made her looked prettier. She brought a tray with a cup on it and placed the cup on the table in front of the king. She smiled.

“Thinking about Princess Seohyun again, your majesty?” asked Soo Young. She knew well about his problem.

The king nodded and forced a smile. Then, he sipped the tea slowly

. “You know, I have made all the way I could do for her. But it seemed all were useless. I can’t give up, but also don’t know what to do. It was really puzzling me”, said King Leeteuk.

Soo Young sighed. It was also a hard problem for her. Then suddenly, something popped in her mind.

“How about a new queen?” King Leeteuk who was sipping his tea suddenly choked. His eyes were widened looking at Soo Young.

“What are you talking about?”

Soo Young sighed.

“I’m sorry your majesty. You know that Princess Seohyun wanted the Queen back. So, I think she need a new mom”.

“You also know that even the most cheerful maid, Sunny, couldn’t bring her happy again. It’s not because those funny plays, jokes or everything like that, but she wants something that like the queen usually did for her. She needs a mother’s love”. Soo Young explained.

The King fell silent. He thought Soo Young explanation deeply.

“But, I still love Queen Yoona. I will always love her. I can’t replace her with any women in this world”, said the king sadly.

Soo Young smiled. She understood what the king’s felt well. She knew he was so faithfull to his late wife.

“I know how much you love her, your majesty. But, we talked about Princess Seohyun, it’s all for her. For her happiness”, said Soo Yooung.

King Leeteuk didn’t say anything. So, Soo Young decided to leave.

“Alright, your majesty. I just give the suggestion. You can think of it. I’m leaving, your majesty”, said Soo Young.

She bowed to the king, then left the room. King Leeteuk sighed. The way to make her little daughter cheerfull again was harder than he ever thought.

 

***

 

The snow fell beautifuly from the sky. So white......so pure.......like a little girl who was sitting on the wood below a tree whose leaf turned into white. She wore a long robe to fight the cold weather. She took off the hoodie and let her beautifull brown hair waving in the air. A brown ribbon adorned her hair. She was hugging a book.

“Mom, where are you now? It’s the time for you to read a story for me. Why don’t you come?” she cried slowly.

Someone approached her

. “Honey, why are you crying?”

Princess Seohyun suprised and turned her head to the voice. Right in front of her, there was a woman standing while humping towards her. The woman had a warm smile and her eyes somehow made Princess Seohyun comfortable. Princess Seohyun just silent while staring at her.

The woman then sat next to her. She looked at the book Princess Seohyun was holding.

“What are you reading, honey?”

“Fairy tales. My mom is used to read it for me. But, now she left me”, Princess Seohyun began to cry again. The woman hugged her.

“Don’t cry. I’m here”, she said while rubbing Princess Seohyun’s back.

“I miss my mom....” said Princess Seohyun.

Then, the woman took the book and began to read one of the story. She read it well, like a skilled storyteller. Princess Seohyun was amazed. Slowly, she smiled and laughed. She was back to her personality.

“Yay! That was amazing! You are like my mom. Umm.....can you also sing?’ asked Princess Seohyun.

The woman smiled and began to sing a song. Her voice was sweet. Princess Seohyun adored her more. Suddenly, she hugged the woman tightly. The woman hugged back.

“I love you”, said Princess Seohyun.

 

***

 

Since that day, Princess Seohyun always met with the woman and played with her. The woman also brought her some apples. Princess Seohyun was very happy, because she loved apple. They also always sang together. Princess Seohyun loved the woman, because the woman always did everything things that her past mom usually did for her.

King Leeteuk saw this change of Princess Seohyun. He was very happy seeing her daughter was cheerful again. He also knew that it was because a woman who always be with his daughter. But, he didn’t know who she was.

One day, when Princess Seohyun and the woman were playing around, the king approached them. He wanted to know the woman more.

“Dad!” called Princess Seohyun when she noticed him. She ran towards the king. The king welcomed her and embrace her. He carried her and kissed her cheek.

“What’s up, my lovely little princess?”

“I was learning new song. It a good song, you know”, answered Princess Seohyun enthusiasmly.

“Then, sing it for me”, said the king.

Princess Seohyun smiled widely and began to sing. It was really good when hearing her voice and the song. The king was fascinated by it.

“Wow! That was a good job. Who taught you this, dear?” asked the king.

“Her”, answered Princess Seohyun while pointing to the woman who was smiled shyly.

King Leeteuk smiled to her and approached her. The woman bowed to him.

“So, it’s true that you’re the one who taught it my daughter?” asked the king.

The woman nodded slowly.

“Yes, your majesty”.

“What’s your name?”

“My name’s Yuri”. The king smiled.

“So, Yuri, thanks for everything. You’ve made my only daughter happy again. Since her mother was left, she was always sad everyday. But, now I’m happy because my daughter is happy again. It’s because of you. I’m really thankful to you. I owe in you”, said the king.

The woman just smiled and said “You’re welcome, your majesty. I’m happy to hear that. I just couldn’t bear seeing your cute little daughter being sad”.

“So, would you come to visit us often? Our door is opened for someone like you”, said the king.

“Of course, I will, your majesty".

 

***

 

Finally, King Leeteuk decided to marry the woman, Yuri. He thought that Soo Young was right. Princess Seohyun needed a mother’s love. He wanted Princess Seohyun to grow well under her mother’s love. And he thought that Yuri was suitable for it. It was all for Seohyun.

Princess Seohyun of couse was very very happy. She thought there were more time to spend with Yuri.

 

But, the worst thing was they didn’t know, the bad thing was waiting behing of them.

 

***

 

In the dark mansion....

“Hahaha.......! What a perfect life for the most beautifull lady like me......! hahaha.....!"

 

***

 

Hello guys! Sorry, for the late update. I'm watching a taiwanese drama titled "Hot Shot", do you know it? It's a cool one, i think. Especially Wu Zhun is so handsome, lol XD

Thank you for you who was reading, subscribing and commenting. If you have any comments, suggestions or critics, just say it. But, no insulting ok!

Thanks ^^

 

@twinkleprojects : yes, poor Seohyun. But, I promise she will be happy someday, lol. Thank you! ^^