A Brown Ribbon

Snow Princess

Queen Yoona was combing Princess Seohyun’s hair. It was her 6th birthday. The kingdom was in preparation for celebrating it. They invited all the citizens in snow country.

While combing, Queen Yoona sang a song for Princess Seohyun. It was Princess Seohyun favorite song. She loved to hear it. Her mother had a beautifull voice. Even the birds always perched in the window just for hearing her voice.

 

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up there

There’s a land that I’ve heard of once in a lullaby

 

Princess Seohyun know the next lyrics very well. So, she continued it unawarely.

 

Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue

And the dreams you dare to dream really do come true

 

Queen Yoona suprised hearing it. It was the first time Princess Seohyun sang. Her voice was amazing though it was her first time. Princess Seohyun was looked a little embarrassed when she realized it. Queen Yoona smiled and continued the song.

 

Someday I wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far behind me

 

She paused and looked at Princess Seohyun through the mirror, giving a sign for her to continue the song. Princess Seohyun smiled and sang the next lyrics.

 

When troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops

That’s where you find me

 

They both smiled and continued to sing.

 

Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly

Bird fly over the rainbow

Why then, oh why can’t I

 

Their beautifull voices echoed the room. Many birds came nearer to the window to hear their voices. The wonderful melody filled in the air.

 

If happy little blue birds fly

Beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why can’t I

 

They finished the song very well. Little Princess Seohyun smiled happily. She clapped her little hands with full of joy. Queen Yoona gave her bright smile.\

“Happy birthday, my sweetheart”, said the queen.

Then, she pulled out something from the pocket in her gown. It was a brown ribbon with many sparks on it.

“Wow! It’s beautifull”, said little Princess Seohyun.

“Yes, it is. And it is for my beautifull little princess”, said the queen.

Then she tied it on Princess Seohyun’s back hair. She was looked cuter.

“Thanks mom. I love you”, said the little princess and hugged the queen. Queen Yoona hugged back and whispered, ”I love you too, sweetheart”.

They embraced each other lovely.

They didn’t know, someone watching them from far hatefully.

 

***

 

The birthday celebration was merry. All the citizents came to celebrate their lovely little princess big day.

King Leeteuk and Queen Yoona were very happy. And so Princess Seohyun. She jump happily when saw the fireworks in the sky. All the people enjoyed the party.

In the middle of the crowd people who were watching the fireworks, someone was not paying attention with the celebration. She wore a long black robe with the hood covered the face. The mysterious person was looking at a direction where King Leeteuk, Princess Seohyun and Queen Yoona was. She looked intensely.

Slowly, without the notice from other people, she raised her left hand. She showed a silver ring with a black pearl on the top. She directed it to Queen Yoona who was smiling on the sky. Her beautifull face was shining in the night. Without hestitation, the mysterious person shook the ring towards the queen.

Suddenly, Queen Yoona felt something stab her heart from inside. The smile dissapeared soon in her face. She felt short – winded and touched her chest. She lost her balance and kneeled on the ground.

Princess Seohyun who was beside her was suprised looking her mother. She squatted and touched the queen’s hand

. “Mom, mom, are you okay?” she asked worriedly.

Queen Yoona couldn’t answer her question, because she already breathed heavily. King Leeteuk who was beside Princess Seohyun, noticed it. He moved to the other side of Queen Yoona and placed his hand on her shoulder.

“Dear....what’s going on?!” he almost shouted. It was caused some people to look at them.

Queen Yoona became paler. Princess Seohyun started to cry. The fireworks stopped. All the people were staring at the incident. King Leeteuk shouted the guard to take Queen Yoona.

But, the queen couldn’t hold anymore. She couldn’t breath again.

And finally she fell on the ground. Her eyes was closed.

“MOM!!” shouted the princess.

But, the queen didn’t response.

The guards came to take the queen. Before it, the curious king blocked them and brought his face down to his wife’s chest.

It was silent. No sound of throb.

The king was panic and shook the queen’s shoulders.

“Wake up, dear! Please wake up!”

But, Queen Yoona didn’t woke up.

She was already gone.

Tears slowly rolled down in the king's cheeks.

Little Princess Seohyun cried harder. Everyone in that place stayed silent. They were all shocked.

The guards went forward to lifted the queen’s lifeless body. But, King Leeteuk hugged her body and cried in queen’s hair. His tears dropped in her pale cheeks.

Some people started to cry too. They didn’t believe their lovely and kind – hearted queen had been died.

A maid slowly approached the little princess. She hugged the princess. She cried too.

“M..mom i...is not d..d...died, r..right? She...she..j..just f..fa...faint, r..right?” asked the little princess while sobbing.

The maid didn’t answer, just hugged her more tight.

“She...she...she....s..til..l a....a...li..li..ve, isn’t she?” asked Princess Seohyun again. She looked at her maid’s face

. “I’m sorry, your majesty.......” she said in low voice.

Princess Seohyun buried her face in her chest and crying more. Everyone was crying. Everyone was sad. They lost their queen whom they loved so much.

But,

Not everyone.

Actually, someone was glad with her death.

Someone was grinning evilly.

 

The joyful night turned into a disaster.

 

***

 

Everyone, thank you for reading, especially who are subscribing or commenting. I really appreciate it ^^

 

@rocket_star : thank you! Just wait and see ^^

@twinkleprojects : Do you think her? lol, thank you, i'll updated it ASAP ^^

@seokykyu : yeah, i think she's perfect if becomes a princess. Do you think he is Kyu? Ok, just wait and see, lol. Thank you!

@iam18yearsold : lol, yeah she was too frustated. Yes, it will be minseo and someone from the 3 musketeers will become her partner too. Thank you!