Portion in Their Hearts

Closing of Broken Hearts

 

Before coming, it can't be helped for her and Minho's current situation to cross in her mind. The gap between them which only her who most likely to notice made her think if she's still in the position to be Minho's shoulder to cry on, to be that hand he can always grab when he's in need . She is unsure if she still should play that usual role of a friend to him especially after what she has been doing to get rid of her feelings. She thought she might not be as capable as she was before but in the end, she is trying to be that kind of friend.

Luring herself that she might just bring no help to Minho, she is still that ordinary girl who experienced one-sided love which caused the existence of small fear on her heart; fear that could make things go back to the way they are.

 

=========

 

In front of Minho's room, the tips of her fingers slowly touched the door and pushed it open. First thing she saw is the light coming from the outside that tiptoed the blackpitched room. Near the bed, Yoona found Minho on the floor with his arm resting on his bended knee and the other leg stretched; the typical position that she would always see whenever he is frustrated. Yoona's entrance seemed unnoticed since he is still fiddling the lanyard of his keys but despite not moving so much and hiding his face in the dark, it isn't hard to notice the sorrow he is feeling.

"Hey...." She softly called out. She dropped her purse on the bed then she carefully sat next to him and hugged her knees.

"I knew you'd come." His voice sounded the same when she talked to him on the phone, the only difference is that she felt a certain feeling from him. The agony in his voice that reflects what he recently feel penetrates in Yoona’s heart.

"Sorry." For no reason, of all the words that came out from , it's the word sorry. Apparently, there isn't anything she is supposed to be sorry of but rather, maybe just apologizing for his current state.

"Don't apologize, please. You are not at fault" He sighed heavily as if he lost everything, as if it’s already the end of him.

"What happened back there?" She knew they broke up and that is why she is here but other than that, Yuri must have said a heart-breaking statement which became the epitome for Minho to agree with the break up. Knowing Minho, he will never easily let go of the things he wanted. Yuri, she is someone he wanted in his life.

"Let's not talk about it" He firmly said and even turned his face further away from Yoona, completely insisting not to mention about the issue.

"But Minho.....how are you gonna start moving on if you are not opening up? You think it will actually help you more if you are going to hide whatever you're feeling?" Yoona raised her eyebrows, waiting for Minho to speak up.

Actually, she has no right to talk this way to him, forcing him to tell her about it because during the time when she was also standing on the same shoes as him, she never intended to tell how painful it was to see Minho and Yuri together though her actions were speaking louder than her mute voice. But because of Jonghyun, the only person who heard the loudness of her actions, she learned how to let out whatever sadness was present in her heart.

"So, I came all the way here to see you looking miserable huh. I guess I'll just leave" Before she could get up, she felt Minho's hand being wrapped in her wrist, preventing her to depart. She attempted to free from him but his grip got tighter. 

"Are you going to leave too, just like her?"  His question is abrupt and a bit awkward as well. She froze in her spot and stared at him, feeling very baffled.

"She said we won't work out anymore and our relationship has no direction going about. If one of us is unsure of what we feel, then it will be more complicated for both of us and she admitted it was her" He paused and chuckled with a bit of aggressive tone.

"Her words are wise but it wasn't hard to understand what she meant. Simply.....she doesn't love me anymore" Even without Minho letting her know, the way he spoke his last words with so much hesitation was enough to figure out how much he is disliking that it all ended that way. Looking at him in his most pitiable state, there's nothing she can blame to him. All along, he just loved, like what she also did before.    

On the bright side, it’s better to see him acting like an awkward heartbroken man than showing his emotional side to her.

"After telling me everything, did you feel a change? Even a little?"

"I don't think so." He shook his head and smirked.

"Is there anything that I can do?" Yoona, once again, drew her eyes at him.

"Just stay here with me, that....will do a change" He leaned his head on her shoulder and closed his tired eyes.  Yoona tuck her head inward, surprised of Minho’s unexpected skinship.

This alone, he knew he'll be better.

It is silent again in the room but compared to how the atmosphere was when Yoona arrived, it gotten lighter. Surprisingly, his words became a bridge for Yoona to realize that the mutuality in their friendship still exists.

Just like the old times where it's only the two of them, she listens to his sad stories but without the need of her to utter a word, he would always say, As long as you're here, I'm happy or Stay by my side, that's already enough. Through that simple phrase he spoke earlier, she can say that until now, she still has a portion in Minho's heart and likewise.

 

=========

 

A new, supposedly unordinary day for Yoona, she assumed. She’s just sitting on the couch with the TV on but she’s not paying attention because her mind is driven to something else. What’s gonna happen next? , she asked herself. Now that Yuri is out of the picture, can things simply go back the way they are before? She loudly sighed and suddenly heard her phone ringing.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Yoona, I’m outside your house. It’s almost 7:30am, I’ll take you to the café.” Jonghyun gladly offered.

“I’m on my way out. Bye” She ended the call and put her phone in her bag.

Right after she left outside her house, she can see Jonghyun, waving by his car. He is smiling widely in view of Yoona and walked to the door fence of her house.

“I’m really sorry if I didn’t take you home last night but I promise it won’t happen again.” He smiled and acted sweet by touching her face for a second.

“It’s okay at least, you’re here now” Yoona responded.

Abruptly, she began to hear a familiar vehicle sound that is slowly getting closer to their direction. Jonghyun, as well, heard the noise and looked at the direction where they think it’s coming from. Yoona gasped when it was Minho’s motorcycle going on its way to them.  Minho pulled the break a few meters in front of Jonghyun’s car and took off his helmet.

“It’s good to see you here, Jonghyun. It’s kind of odd to know you woke up this early” He chuckled “Yoong, let’s go” He waited for Yoona to come along but she’s still standing in her position, looking a little confused of the situation. She is deciding whom she should come with, the guy who recently apologized to her and now, trying to compensate for his mistake or the guy who is currently broken hearted.

“Yoong, are you playing ‘Wait for me until you can’t wait anymore’?” Minho got off his bike and took Yoona’s unresponsive motion as a joke. Without second thoughts, he grabbed her hand and attempted to walk her to the bike but she insisted by pulling her hand.

“I’m….I’m not coming with you, Minho. Jonghyun will take me to the café.” She hesitantly said to him which surprised Minho and especially, Jonghyun.

“Oh…I…I see.” Feeling a bit baffled, he is staggering to release her hand. Jonghyun pursed his lips, holding back from showing his positive reaction to this after seeing the disappointed look in Minho’s face.

“We’ll leave now, Minho” He wanted to say to sorry to his friend but realizing that there’s nothing for him to apologize for, he decided not to. It just happens that, Yoona chose him over Minho.

“Yeah. Be careful.” Minho forced to form a smile on his weary face as he watch Jonghyun accompanying Yoona to the car and the worse thing is, she didn’t even share a look to him before entering the car. And even after he saw them leaving, he is still standing on the same ground.

It looks like I’m missing a lot.

 

=========

 

On the road, Jonghyun noticed Yoona’s puzzled silence since they left. She looked wandered in her seat and her eyes have been flickering in worry. He kept glancing back and forth to her but she didn’t move an inch. Randomly, it wondered Jonghyun why Minho surprisingly showed up at that time which he basically don’t do anymore since he and Yuri became official. To make it simple for him and to put an end to Yoona’s silence, he thought of asking her.

“Yoona, is there something going on with Minho? His appearance today surprised me. Did he say anything to you?”

“That….” It took a while for Yoona to respond to his question.  The reason for her silence is she’s amidst of deciding if she should tell what happened to Minho but no matter how much she wanted to keep it a secret first, in the end of the day, Jonghyun will still find out. Other than that, she’s worried for Minho after rejecting him for the first time.

“Minho and Yuri just…..broke up”

 

 

another late post. i'm so sorry. back to the story, i hope this chapter will make you all think the possibilities that may happen in the upcoming chapters. i have not much things to say for this chapter because i want you guys to read this based on how you understood. thank you ~~~