Knowledge

The Eternal Cycle

"The Eternal Cycle VII"

“Hey Changmin? Why do you think there hasn’t been news out about Jaejoong yet?” Yunho called out to Changmin, who was in the kitchen, while continuously flipping through channels on their television. He had already gone through all the news channels, but had found out nothing about the plane crash nor Jaejoong. 

“How am I supposed to know? Maybe they just haven’t found him yet,” Changmin replied between mouthfuls of ramen while walking into the living room. He plopped down on the couch next to him and continued eating.

Yunho glared at the ramen, realizing that it was distracting Changmin from the conversation at hand, but then softened when he remembered all the times Jaejoong made midnight ramen for Changmin. If the other three were there, watching television with them, it would seem just like old times. 

“I just want to know,” he sighed out. Even though it seemed like Changmin was indifferent to the matter at the moment, Yunho still thought that Changmin cared. Why else would he have let Yunho know in the first place? Just to worry? Maybe.

“I bet we would find out faster if we went there ourselves,” he suggested while frowning and flipping through the news channels once more.

“Find out what faster?” Changmin stopped eating and turned back to look Yunho, with a strange look in his eyes.

“You know, what happened to Jaejoong..” He turned away, slowly realizing why Changmin had that look, a look filled with both fear and distress. It seemed like Yunho was right about Changmin caring, but when he turned back, Changmin had resumed eating, engrossed in the taste of the favorite midnight snack. “I just want to know,” he repeated, sighing again and burying his face in his hands. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“I realize hyung, but how are you so sure that what you’ll find is something you want?”

Author’s Note: Sorry for not writing for a very long time >.< It was a mixture of lack of inspiration and busyness. But hopefully I’ll get back into it now! Not much happened here, but SFPM as usual.