Wish You Were Here

Fate Brought Us Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A month later.

Bom is much better now. She has a part time job while waiting for the semester to begin. She works at a small cafe near her university. Dami and the boys are frequently visiting her. Enjoy the drinks, the food, and teasing her. Bom likes it because they’re making her come back alive. While Yunho is nowhere to be found. Even Dami can’t contact him.

Sometimes she felt stuffy. But she can control it. The most thing she wants right now is to talk to Yunho. She wish everything could back to be normal again. Well, not hundred percent normal, but he is a best friend she ever had.

That night she went to karaoke with them. Had fun with Dami sang JinuSean’s number ‘Tell Me’. And end up being illegaly drunk again.

Jiyong takes Bom home, and ask Seunghyun to take Dami home. Clever.

“Noona, where is your key?” he search through her bag.

“Jiyong-ah...!!” she yelled.

“Tell me where’s Yunhoooooo.....”

“I found it,” he ignores Bom, opens the door, and drags her inside.

“Jiyong-aaaaaa....” she throw herself to the couch.

“I’m here, noona. Why are you keep drinking, you are hard to handle when you’re drunk. Rest here, I’ll get the blanket..”

There’s a hiccup coming out from Bom, then she laughed.

Jiyong put the blanket on her, and removes strains of hair in Bom’s face. He cares her puffy cheek with his thumb.

“You know.. I’m taller than you now.. Get ready, noona..” he stays beside Bom, watching her fall asleep. The smile never gone from his face.

“...ss you.. I miss..you.. Yunho..”

He clenched his fist.

Damn, hyung! Why it has to be you?!

 

The moment Bom opens her eyes there’s a huge pain in her head. She sits, but then she feels something in her feet.

“Omo..”

She touch the body with her feet.

“Umm..noona? You’re awake?”

“Who are you?”

He turns her body facing Bom.

“Jiyong? Why are you here? You’re not going to school?”

“It’s Sunday..”

“Ya.. don’t sleep on the floor. Move to bed..”

He smiles.

“What?”

“It’s our first night, noona..”

“Ya!!”

He sits up, and looking at Bom deeply.

“Noona..”

“What? Why are you smiling like that?”

“Hehe.. I’m taller than you..” his grin getting bigger.

“So?” she walks out to the kitchen.

“You promise me!”

“I change my mind.”

“Noooonnaaaaa......”

Jiyong joined Bom who is now making a coffee.

“Look! I’m taller than you..” he meassures their height.

“Not as tall as Seunghyun..”

“Noona!”

“Stop calling me! My head is dizzy!”

And the morning was filled with their bickering.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Bom is sitting behind the counter with her waitress-mate. Her name is Kahi. She’s really tall and slim and fit. Bom is really jealous of her. She keep telling Kahi that she wants to have a figure like her and will adore her until the end.

It’s just a regular day, spring is soon to be end, then comes summer. There’s not many customers, she and Kahi just talking about random things.

She excuses herself because her mom is calling.

“Hi, mom. I’m at work, so I can’t talk too long..”

“Bommie-ya.. I just got a phone call from your uncle, your father’s dongsaeng.. Your father, he is in hospital now..”

Bom tried to figure out where this conversation leading to.

“So?” she still angry to her father.

“He got a cancer.”

She’s silent.

“Umm.. Mom, there’s a customer. I gotta go..” she lied.

She’s in daze. She’s not ready for this. She doesn’t have any plans to meet her father. Most of all, in an occasion like this. She feels a big ‘pang’ hits her head.

Kahi came to her, seeing Bom’s pale face.

“Are you okay?” she leads Bom to the chair.

“Just some bad news. But, it’s okay. I’ll get some water..”

A lot of things come to her mind, every scenario, every possibilities. Her heart beats faster.

 

Her shift is already ended, and about to go home right now. Her mind is still in a daze, try to compose it in a right orders.

A text came.

 

Seunghyun:

Noona, where are you? Wanna grab some dinner?

 

Bom:

I just finished my work. Let’s meet.. At the usual soup restaurant?

 

Seunghyun:

Okay. I won’t tell Ji..

 

Bom:

Kekeke.. Ok *^^*

 

“Ya! Alien!”

“Oh.. no

Please log in to read the full chapter