The Other Sister-In-law

When She Was Her

Yuri woke up and she can feel someone wiping her forehead with damp cloth. She slowly opened her eyes and saw one of their maids. "Oh. Miss Yoona? You're awake, Are you feeling alright now?" the maid asked. "Master Siwon has been taking care of you all this time, he feel asleep already." she motioned to the chair besides Yuri's bed, Siwon was sleeping on the chair.

"I am fine, thank you." Yuri replied, she tried to sit but her strength failed her. She glanced at her clock and saw that it's already 3am. She grimaced at the maid and said, "You can leave now, you need to sleep too, you know." 

"Aniyo." the maid said. She then put her palm unto Yuri's forehead. "You still have fever."

"Gwaenchana, I am just going to sleep and it will go away." Yuri tried to reassure the maid. "You need to sleep. I am alright."

"But.." the maid started again.

"You can go now, I'll take care of her." Siwon said, rubbing his eyes.

"Ahh.. Ye.. Master." Then maid said then went out.

Yuri felt a very strange atmosphere filled the room as soon as they are alone. Siwon did not say anything to her. Although she cannot really remember, she know that she have said something that she shouldn't have. Siwon put his palm over her forehead to check her temperature then heaved a sigh, took a cloth a began wiping Yuri's forehead and neck to lower down her fever.

"Siwon-ssi." Yuri said. She doesn't know what to say to him. "I...."

"Just be still and do not say a word." Siwon commanded. "Let's focus on getting rid of this fever first, we'll talk some other day."

"But.."

"Ahhh. Stop it, please.." Siwon snapped. "Every time that big mouth of you opens I think I'll go crazy or something. Just stay still like I have said." Siwon took care of her the whole night, gave her some pills to lower down her temperature and tucked her in. When Yuri woke up, the fever is gone, and so is Siwon. 



It has been 2 weeks! 2 weeks and that man hasn't showed up yet! Yuri thought.  I didn't even know what I have told him. What have I told him?!??! She doesn't how to contact Siwon since she doesn't have his number. She doesn't know where Siwon lives as well, he bought his own place when he got married and just stay at the mansion occassionally. She pacing back and forth in the living room when he saw Park Koon.

"Park Koon oppa!" Yuri called out.

"Oh. Annyeong Haseyo Miss Yoona." Park Koon greeted her with a smile. "Are you feeling well? Have you eaten already? I can ask one of the cook to prepare something for you. Is your fever gone?" He rattled too many questions that Yuri doesn't know which one to answer first.

"Oppa." Yuri cut him off. "I am fine. Don't worry!" She tried to reassure him.

"Are you sure, Miss?" Park Koon asked again. "They said that your fever  has been very high these past few days."

"I said I'm fine, Oppa. Stop worrying" Yuri said. "Oh. Have you seen Siwon-ssi?"

"Aniyo. But he's probably at the hospital, working as usual." Park Koon replied.

"Which hospital?" Yuri inquired.

"Seoul Medical Hospital." Park Koon. "Didn't you know?"

"I've forgotten where... but thanks Oppa!" Yuri said with a huge grin. She then went to her room and get dressed. If he's not coming, I'll come to him! Yuri thought. You cannot stop the mighty Yuri to come and talk to you... Although... you made me a bit scared the last time.

Yuri decided to commute to the said Hospital. She didn't tell anyone that she left. She took a bus. Everyone is looking at her. What's their problem? Can't I take a bus? She thought. She ignored them, only giving a smile to a chosen few. She get off the bus and decided to walk. Everyone she saw are like "Isn't that Yoona?" "She's pretty!" "I wonder how she got that perfect skin color, she look so y with it." She decided to give them a few smiles and ignore other comments. Few people came forward and asked her autograph which she have been practicing back in Paris. She's almost in the hospital but a lot of people started swarming around her.  She couldn't get through. Ahhh.. Let me through! A hand suddenly grabbed her hand and pull her out of the crowd. ""Who are you?" "Yah! We are not done yet getting her autograph!" "Who do you think you are?!?!?" People began complaining and whining. 

"I am her brother-in-law." Siwon said then dragged Yuri away. People were like "Her brother-in-law?" "Oh. She got a handsome brother-in-law!" "They look quite good together, are they really just in-laws??" "Ah! he's a chaebol then!" "Choi Siwon? He look like a celebrity!" Siwon, as usual, ignored the comments. He took Yuri into his office inside the hospital which was just a few minutes away where the crowd swarmed around her.

"What do you think you're doing?!!" Siwon demanded as soon as they arrived in his office.

"Oh. Siwon ssi.. I was just thinking of visiting you here." Yuri said trying hard to smile.

"Visiting?!" Siwon repeated as if this is the biggest joke he has ever heard of.

"Ye." Yuri said. "You haven't been in the mansion for 2 weeks now."

"So what?" Siwon asked. "I have no plans of seeing you so I never go there."

"I think we need to talk." Yuri started.

"I don't think so." Siwon said as he sat behind his desk.

"Aniyo! We need to!!!" Yuri insisted. "I think I have said something that I shouldn't have the last time that I saw you.."

"Said something that you shouldn't?" Siwon said. "Oh. Yeah. I remember."

"Forget about it, okay? Okay?!" Yuri said. 

"Forget about what?" Siwon said giving Yuri a sarcastic smile. "That you are not Yoona?" Yuri flinched at this.

"Ye. Pretend that you didn't hear anything like that from me, alright? Please!!!" Yuri begged.

"Are you out of your mind?" Siwon said. "I am already trying to think on how I can spill this out to my brother.." 

"Yah! Don't do that!" Yuri freaked out. "Keep it a secret, please.. I'll tell you everything.. Just please don't say anything to Seunghyun!"

"Tell me what? I don't even know who you are and where you hide that girl, I don't know where she is!" Siwon said. "My brother will freak out. He already have many things in his mind right now and here you are adding up to the problems. I do not know you, why makes you think that I'll help you out?"

"Kwon Yuri." Yuri said weakly.

"W-whut?" Siwon asked, confused on Yuri's reply. 

"I'm Kwon Yuri." Yuri said. "I'm Yoona's twin." Siwon stared at her wide-eyed. Siwon was taken a back from what Yuri told him. A twin? Yoona never told us that she has one! I.. I know she has been telling us that she have a sister.. but a twin... an identical twin.. He surveyed Yuri to check if she is telling the truth and there are no traces of false intentions.. She must be telling the truth.

"You're twins?!" Siwon asked her. Yuri nodded. "Whatever are you doing here? Why are you here and why hasn't she comeback yet??!"

"She sent me here to be her." Yuri explained. "This is just for now.. She'll come back once everything is okay again."

"What kind of joke is this?" Siwon demanded. "Is your sister crazy or something? Why would she send you here instead of coming home?!"

"What are you talking about? SHE IS HOME!" Yuri corrected him. "Yah.. It's the fault of people like you.. People thinking ill of her.. Why would she want to recover here where she would be on the headlines and people talk behind her back??"

"Recover? What are you talking about?" Siwon asked. "Her depression?"

" Cancer." Yuri said quietly. She gave Siwon a look then yelled again, "She wants to recover and be taken cared of in our HOME, so she is HOME. She doesn't want to make Seunghyun worry so she sent me here to be her for a while."

"W—what??! Is your sister really crazy!? Why would she let you be entangled in her mess!?" 

"Yah! How dare you say that to my sister!?" Yuri yelled.

"Will you stop shouting at me, I don't even know you!" Siwon snapped.

"I don't care!" Yuri told him. "Yah.. I am begging you right now... Yoona eonni is having a hard time.. please don't make it harder for her."

"She is the one who made this so complicated, why didn't she just tell us instead??"

"You'll tell her she is taking money from your family again!" Yuri yelled again. "People been telling, gossiping and announcing that all around her! And you who is a family member believe the same!" Yuri anger is at its peak. "Yah! Even if she don't work, she can eat. Even if I don't work, I can eat. If my oppa can't work, he can still eat. If our maknae decided not to go to school and just be a coach-potato all his life, he can still eat! Our eomma can feed us, we do not need your money because we have enough!"

"Yah.. Stop shouting.. You are in the hospital, remember?" Siwon said.

"Ahh.. yeah.." Yuri said quickly as she realized that she is too loud. "This is all your fault.."

"How did it become my fault now? You are the one who is shouting. Sheesh.."  

"You made me so angry.." Yuri tried putting the blame to Siwon. "Anyways.. Like I have said.. I am begging you.. Please keep this from Seunghyun for the mean time."

"How can you ask me "Miss," to lie to my own brother?"

"You are not going to lie, you're just not going to say anything about this.. he won't find out anyway.. he's so busy that he doesn't even have time to find out." Yuri pointed out. "Please.. for my sister.. Please..."

"I.." Siwon started but then his office door swung open and Yesung together with another doctor, a female one, walked in.

"Yo! Siwon ah!" Yesung said as they entered and then he saw Yuri. "Oh. We thought you are alone, mianhae.."

   
"Ah. It's alright." Siwon said. "But please knock next time, please?"

"That's a hard request to make." Yesung smirked at him.


"So.. uh.. yeah.. Kwon Yoona, right?" the female doctor asked.

"Ah. Yeah." Siwon replied then gave Yuri a look. "This is my SISTER-in-law. Kwon Yoona." Yuri eye gone wide as she thought that Siwon would deny her after finding her secret out. "Yoona ah, These are my colleagues. Kim Yesung and Hwang Miyoung."

                           

                       

 

"Annyeong Haseyo." Yuri greeted them with a practiced smile and gave them a 90 degree bow.

"Ah. Yoona-ssi.. It's nice to meet you. I have been longing to be introduced to you but Siwon and I haven't really got the time to mess around recently." Yesung told Yuri. "I'm Yesung, I have been friends with Siwon since 2nd grade, We went to the same school from preparatory school up to Med School."

"Miyoung here, Yoona-ssi." Miyoung said. "I attended the same Med School with Yesungie and Siwon." She then gave Yuri a really big smile, "I have a huge crush with your brother-in -law, I hope you approve of me and also help me with him. That guy won't even give me the slightest chance. He won't even look at me."

"Ah." Yuri started. "He won't probably listen to me, he's deaf when it comes to my words but I think you would be a nice pair... if ever."

"Hahahah!" Yesung laughed so hard. "I can feel you, Yoona-ssi. Sometimes, I don't even know why I came to be friends with him when he doesn't really care about a thing I say."

"I am not deaf." Siwon said. "In fact, I can hear what you 3 are saying."

"Anyway, Siwon -ssi.. We are here to invite you for lunch! You can come too, Yonna-ssi." Miyoung said.

"Mianhae." Siwon said before Yuri can say anything about the invitation. "I need to drive Yoona home first. We probably would grab lunch together somewhere. I also have a scheduled operation so I need to hurry."

"Aishh.. I really want to have lunch with you Yoona-ssi." Yesung complained.

"She's married." Siwon snapped.

"The ever over-protective brother-in-law." Miyoung said. "I think that is one of the reason why we only met you now." She told Yuri with a wink.

"Ahh.. Let's go then Miyoung-ssi.. Baegopayo." Yesung said. "Yoona-ssi, I hope we can meet again and have lunch together, my treat!" He and Miyoung then left after saying goodbye to Yuri.

"She's a bubbly one." Yuri said when they're alone.

"Miyoung? ah. Yeah." Siwon replied as he tried to read some of the papers in his table.

"Why not date her then?" Yuri said with a smile. "She's very straight-forward as well. She told me right away that she likes you the moment that we are introduced. Hahaha!"

"Don't mess with my private life, "Miss" I like her but not that way. I don't even think we'll ever go that way." Siwon said without even looking at Yuri, still busy with his paper works. "She grew up in US.. You grew up in a totally different country as well.. I now wonder why you find her peculiar."

"Well.. our eomma instill Korean culture in us." Yuri tried to reason out. "Anyways, Kamsahamnida."

Siwon frowned and looked at her. "Wae?"

"For accepting me." Yuri told him. "Kamsahamnida!"

"I didn't say anything about that." Siwon said raising an eyebrow.

"Well." Yuri said clapping her hands. "You didn't deny me. I think that is enough for me to think that you have accepted me as Yoona."

"You won't be Yoona in my eyes no more." Siwon said. "You are not behaving like her right now and since you know that I am aware of who you really are, I don't think you would ever be behaving like her in front of me anymore."

"You'll be my comfort zone then." Yuri declared.

"And you will be my other sister-in-law." Siwon said, Yuri grinned at him. "Let's make this clear, I would shut my mouth but I won't help you if you got entangled with further troubles, do you understand?" Yuri scowled at him and grudgingly nodded her head. He stood up. "Gaja."