Hydrophobia

When She Was Her

                                                   I didn't know that it is possible for him to be a little bit sensitive... and caring.

                                                                                       

 

They arrived at the Choi's mansion. It's huge. Yuri cannot understand why did they have to build such a house. They have so many rooms when they only need at least 5 or 6 to accommodate everyone in the family. The house, she thinks, is overdecorated. Why do they have to put a lot of expensive vases, paintings and a lot of other things in the house? One of two in each corner will do, ​she thought. Yuri's mother is a interior designer and she just won't understand the art of it. Siwon left her in the house alone. Mrs. Choi is in a business trip. Seunghyun went to Hong Kong for an emergency meeting there. Choi Sulli, Siwon and Seunghyun's sister, is also abroad. She then just spend her time sleeping as she knows that her schedule for tomorrow is jampacked. 

Yuri did a lot of modeling for the next few weeks. It was a little hard for her but at least she doesn't have to memorize lines for now, the only down side of acting for her since she doesn't really have a good memory to start with.

        

 

One particular shoot on a particular day gave Yuri a goose bumps. The venue: a huge pool. They will be shooting in the middle of the pool. They won't get wet while shooting but still being in the middle of something you feared the most isn't a joke for her. Calm down, Yuri-ah, she told herself. It has been a month and she has been alone all this time. No one to motivate her. She' alone in Korea. Although, Siwon almost always checks on her but he doesn't treat her that nice. Facing your fear like this alone makes Yuri feel really homesick. "I will just pose in the middle and Yuri will be alright," she told herself for some motivation. The shoot started. 

"Yoona, tilt your head a little to the left." the photographer told her. "Get the reflector on the other side and tilt it a little.. there there.. perfect," he instructed the staff. "That's it Yoona!"

She and the other models did a really great job. The shoot is done and the director told them they can enjoy the water since they booked it for the whole day. "Girls! You can have fun now! The pool is ours for the whole day! Good job everyone!" the photo shoot director shouted. The girls cheered and they jump in the water.

"Yah! Yoona sunbae!" shouted one of the newbie models, "Let's swim!" 

"A-andwae.." she replied weakly.

"It's good to take a break from work sometimes, unnie," says another one.

"Andwae, andwae. I'm fine you can enjoy the water for me." she said, fear is crawling in her spine. She was able to withstand it during the shoot but she is having doubts now if she can stay any longer in the middle of the pool.

"Let's go sunbae!" the newbie model said again. "Unnie!" shouted another one. The girls then pull her from the makeshift stage in the middle of the pool and fell in the water. Everything came back to her. They were in a car all of the sudden a car appeared and her father tried to avoid the car and they went straight to the steel fences on the side of the river. The steel fence wasn't that strong enough, it gave in. Their car fell into the water. Everything went black.

 

                                                                 

 

"Appa!" she shouted. She was surprised to see herself inside a white room. It hit me again. She is beginning to tear up when she saw someone standing in the door. She immediately swallowed every fear lurking in every inch of her, tried hard not to cry. Siwon, the guy standing in the door, went closer to her and stand beside her bed.

"You have been unconscious for the last 6 hours," Siwon said. "What happened to you?"

"I have no idea." Yuri lied.

"Aishiii.. Don't you know that you have been in the headline for the past hours?" Siwon told her. "Hyungnim and Eomma, they have been calling me. They were asking me what happened to you."

"I don't know! Everything just went black.. And just a while a go I thought I am just having a nightmare." Yuri lied again.

"Dr. Geum, the doctor who checked you said maybe you have been so stressed out lately." SIwon informed her. "You just came back from a vacation using my brother's money and now you are stressed out again?"

"In case you don't know, I make a living, too, and I've used my own money for that trip!" Yuri snapped at him. Siwon raised an eyebrow in response. She bit her lip. Oh no.. I shouldn't have said that, Yoona wouldn't. I should learn to control my temper. I should remember I am acting on this huge stage called South Korea and I'm playing the role of Miss-Nice-to -everyone-Yoona. She heaved a sigh. "Let's go home." She tried to stand up from the bed but she almost fell, Siwon caught her.

"I think your knees are still too weak. Don't get me wrong, I don't like you but I am still a doctor and you are still a patient. Rest, I'll take you home when you gain a little more strength." Siwon said. He tucked her in and said, "Try to sleep again, or eat.. I'll bring you food." He went out and left.

"I didn't know that it is possible for him to be a little bit sensitive... and caring. That made him more handsome, that's for sure." Yuri said and tried to rest her troubled mind.

Yuri was discharged from the hospital the same night. Seunghyun called her and said that he'll be back in a week but Siwon would be the one to take care of her for the mean time. Mean Time, as literal.. He's mean you see, she wanted to tell Seunghyun. He also told Yuri that he have asked her manager to cancel all of the schedules that she have for the week, to let her rest. Do you want me to die of boredom in here, brother-in-law? That is one of the things I hate the most after big bodies of water and seafoods, boredom can also kill me, you know?

Yuri spent her day touring the mansion. She is checking things here and there. She is trying to figure out who the hell filled this place with expensive decorations. They can live without them, what a waste of money, she thought. Maybe they don't know where to use their money anymore, that maybe the reason why.. She then saw one of their drivers talking with somebody over the phone. It's the shy one, Park Koon

"Ye, sir.. Ye.. I will," he said. "Ye, I'll be there 30 minutes earlier, sir." He then turned off the phone.

"Who are you talking to?" Yuri asked.

"It's Master Siwon." Park Koon replied with a small smile. "He asked me to pick little Miss Sooyeon up from school and bring her here."

"Sooyeon ah? She's coming here!?!" Yuri exclaimed.

"Ye, I'm going to pick her up now. The school is a bit far from here." Park Koon. "That school is big and grand, you know."

"Is it?? oooooohhh.. Can I come?!! I want to see Sooyeon ah's school you see." Yuri pleaded.

"I.. I—I am not sure." He hesitated.

"I'll behave!" Yuri reassured him. "I don't think there's something wrong with me coming along."

"I think I'll better asked Master Siwon about it." Park Koon replied.

"Aniyo. You don't have to." Yuri said. "Gaja!" 


                            

"So you're going to spend the night at you parent's house then?" Kim Yesung asked. He's been a friend of Siwon since 2nd grade, they went to meds school together and are now working in the same hospital.

 

"Hyungnim asked me to.. He wants me to keep an eye on his wife for him." Siwon sighed. "He got really concern about her especially when she had miscarriage this year and she fainted last Tuesday on a photoshoot."

"You know what?" Yesung started. "I think something has been different on her ever since she came back from Paris."

"I don't really care, I am not paying that much attention to her," Siwon said, he then gave Yesung a questioning look.

"Well, I mean she talk very bluntly to you now, she used to be very polite even when you are saying mean things to her."  He explained to which Siwon gave a short laugh.

"I think I am getting on her nerves now." Siwon said.

"..and to think that I know why you are treating her that way.." Yesung said raising his eyebrows. Siwon just ignored him and then get his phone and called their family driver, Park Koon.

"Oh.. Park Koon." Siwon said. "Are you at the school already? Are you with Sooyeon now?"

"Aniyo, Master." Park Koon replied. "She's still in class." Someone from the background shouted Park Koon's name, to whom he replied "Ye, it's alright." SIwon thought that the voice is very familiar.

"Who's that?!" Siwon demanded.

"Ahhh.. It's Kwon Yoona ssi, Master." Park Koon said. "Mianhaeyo, she insisted on coming."

"Why did you let her!?!?!?!?!?" Siwon asked. "Don't go anywhere even if Sooyeon's class is over, I'm coming!"

"I need to go." Siwon informed Yesung. "I think my schedule will allow me a few hours anyway since the surgery for this afternoon has been canceled."

"Where are you heading?" Yesung asked him. "Didn't you asked your driver to pick Sooyeon up?"

"Yoona tagged along with him." Siwon said, quite annoyed. "Didn't she know that she cause havoc everywhere she go because of that damn fame of hers?"

"Well.. that's her. Deal with it." Yesung retorted.

"The funny thing is that she told me that same thing! I'll see you in a while.." Siwon exclaimed then went out.

Siwon arrived at the school and found her daughter in the school field with their Driver Park Koon. Sooyeon immediately saw him. "Appa!" she shouted and run toward Siwon's direction.

"Sooyeon ah." Siwon greeted her daughter, very glad to see her. "Where's your aunt?"

"Ah.. Yoona unnie is playing with kids from the higher grade level. She's teaching them how to play soccer right." Sooyeon proudly informed her father.

"Soccer?" Siwon asked. He stood and tried to spot Yuri in the field. He saw her. Does she even know how to play one? As far as I know she's lame in sports.  "Wait here." he instructed his daughter. He then then walk to where Yuri is then shouted. "Yah! Yoona ssi!" Yuri turned around and saw him. She gave her a big smile.

"Boys!" she then called out to get the attention of the kids. "Say hi to Choi Siwon, my brother-in-law. "

"Annyeong Haseyo, hyungnim." The kids said aloud.

"Annyeong Haseyo." Siwon replied to the boys. He then turned to Yuri. "What are doing here in the field?" He asked and then notice that she is barefooted. "Aishiii.. Where are your shoes?!"

"I'm wearing heels today, I cannot use it to play the game." Yuri explained, her big smile slowly disappearing.

"You are being a bad role model to the kids. First, you're playing soccer with them when you're wearing a dress, and second, you're barefooted." Siwon reprimanded her. "Aren't you afraid of getting skin diseases or getting you feet wounded or something?"

"I am not afraid of anything." Yuri replied. The boys cheered.

"Oh geurae???" Siwon gave her a long look then he approached her.

"W—wae?" she asked. He suddenly picked her up (he carried her the way lover's do.) "Yah!" Yuri screamed, she was so surprised she grabbed Siwon's neck to keep herself from falling.

"I thought you are not afraid of anything? The way I see it, you are afraid of falling." Siwon told her with a sarcastic smile. The boy are now cheering for him.

"I am not afraid of falling! I am afraid of getting hurt!" Yuri corrected him.

"Ara.. Ara.." Siwon said as if telling Yuri that the conversation is over. He then turned to the boys, "Don't ever play games with your noona especially  when she is wearing a dress like this and if she is not wearing any shoes, araso?"

"Ye, hyungnim." The boys replied.

"We're going." Siwon told them then left with Yuri still on her arms.

"Yah! Put me down!" Yuri insisted.

"Andwae. You'll run with your bare feet again." Siwon said.

"I won't," Yuri promised.

"Then how are you going to walk, you are not wearing any shoes?!?!!!" Yuri's face fell and didn't answer since she couln't possibly levitate towards her shoes, right? Siwon glared at her. "And why did you come here without my permission anyway?" He demanded.

"I am dying of boredom at home! You left me there!!!" Yuri retorted.

"I have work to do and why do you keep on complaining when I am going to spend the night there anyway." Siwon said. "Stop doing crazy things, hyungnim is getting really worried about you."

"He should go home then." Yuri said, pouting.

"You know he can't." Siwon said. "You then have no choice but to spend time with me, to see me everyday no matter how you hated the idea. ... And don't get me wrong, I also hate this idea. The feeling is mutual."

I don't hate the idea, what are you saying?  Yuri thought. 

"You are so immature, are you still 12 or something?" Siwon added.