Guilty

When She Was Her

Yuri is still in her car. She cannot drive anymore because the snow in the road has been so thick already, she cannot pass. What am I going to do? She checked her phone. 7 Missed Calls from Seunghyun; 1 Message from Seunghyun; 23 Missed Calls from Siwon; 1 Message from Siwon. They must have been looking for me. She decided to read Siwon's message first. Where are you!?!!!!!!!!!!!! The message says.

"Does he have to use so many exclamation points?" Yuri thought aloud. She was going to reply when someone knock on her car door. What? She then opened her door. A man pulled her out of the car. "Omo! Yah! Who are you??" The man took off her mask, it's Siwon.

"What the hell are you doing here?!!" Siwon yelled.

"I just bought something." Yuri replied.

"Why do you have to make me worry about you?!!!!" Siwon yelled again. "And you are not wearing enough insulators!!!"

"Yah.. Siwon.." Yuri said. "You don't have to worry too much, it also snows in Paris."

"Aishii!" Siwon sighed. "I don't care if it's snow in Paris, if something happpens to you what would hyungnim say?" Yuri just gave him a blank stare. He sighed. "Gaja."

"Where are we going?" Yuri inquired.

"To my in-laws," Siwon said. "They live near here."

"Ahh.." Yuri said. Siwon started walking. "So.. You said you were worried about me?"

Siwon stopped then turned around to face Yuri. "Did I say that?"

"Yeah, I think I heard you right." Yuri said.

"Forget it." Siwon said. "Forget it, alright?" He then walk again leaving Yuri behind. Yuri ran after him and gave him a back hug. Siwon stopped.|

"Saranghaeyo!" Yuri exclaimed.

What?!?! Siwon thought. What the hell is she saying? Is she crazy or something. Siwon felt like his face is getting red. "Yah! Quit messing around!"

"I am not." Yuri said. "Saranghae!"

"Yah!" Siwon snapped. "Stop it, okay? You and your ways are driving me crazy!" He turned around and glare at Yuri. "Stop it."

"Okay." Yuri said. She then tip-toed and plant a kiss on Siwon's nose. She grinned widely at him after.

 Siwon didn't know what to say. His mind is panicking and his heart is palpitating. "Yah!" is the only thing he said.

"I am just saying thank you," Yuri said. "Why are you getting angry anyways?!"

"Because you're crazy." Siwon said. He took Yuri's hand and pulled her to the direction of his in-laws house. "If you want to say thank you, then say gomawo.. when did saranghae ever became thank you??" 

"You bother yourself with the smallest things." Yuri commented. They kept walking until they finally reached the Park Residence. It wasn't a big house. It is actually rather small but looks fine and clean just the same. Yuri just didn't expect that Siwon's wife will be from a simple family only, she expected her to be rich like the Choi's. "This is where they live?" Yuri asked Siwon for confirmation.

"Ne." Siwon replied, he then playfully pressed Yuri's nose like it is a button. "Yoona mode ON."

"Wae?" Yuri asked. "Can't I be me here?"

"Aniyo." Siwon replied. "We need to make sure that you'll behave and they'll assume that you're her anyway." Siwon knocked the wooden door, it took a few minutes before someone opened the door. A lady in her 50's answered the door.

"What can I help you?" Mrs. Park asked.

"Annyeong Haseyo, Eomma." Siwon greeted his mother-in-law. "It's me, Siwon."

"Oh Siwonie!!" Mrs. Park exclaimed then gave Siwon a big hug. "Come on in." She then pulled Siwon inside.

"Oh. Eomma.. I'm here with my sister-in-law." Siwon said. Yuri just stood outside the house, she felt very shy for some reasons. Siwon pulled her inside the house as well. "Eomma, this is Seunghyun's wife."

"A-annyeong Haseyo.. Y-yoona imnida." Yuri stuttered as she greeted Mrs. Park.

"You're so pretty!" Mrs. Park said and hugged Yuri as well. "Seunghyun always come here and tell us how pretty you are, he isn't lying!"

"Kamsahamnida." Yuri said. Siwon just watched her, it's the first time that he saw her feeling shy.. He is not actually sure if she is or if she is just faking it. Mrs. Park led them to the dining table and served them food. She talks a lot. The house is full of Park Hyomin and Park Bom's pictures. Hyomin is Siwon's late wife who was a teacher. Mrs. Park did nothing but talk about her daughters. After the dinner, Mrs. Park led them to her daughter's room. Bom and Hyomin shared a room when they were still living with their parents. 

"You can use this room." Mrs. Park said. "I hope you don't mind sharing the room with each other." The house have 2 rooms only, so Mrs. Park offered the one with two beds. "Good Night!" She then left them alone in the room.

"I now know why you hate my sister." Yuri said as she sat on one of the beds. Siwon frowned, he also sat on the other bed.

"What ever do you mean?" Siwon inquired.

"Your mother-in-law has been telling us stories about your late wife the whole night!" Yuri started. "It feels like I was listening to someone describing my own sister." Siwon looked away. "See. I gotcha!" Yuri exclaimed. "Tsk! Tsk! I don't even know if you hate my sister for resembling your wife or if you hate her because you like her."

       

"Yah! How can I fall for my own brother's wife?" Siwon snapped. "Yeah.. I hate your sister because she.. she is a walking reminder of my late wife." He looked at Yuri but she said nothing. "I should have moved on years a go but that sister of yours appeared and haunted me all these years!"

"Don't use my sister as excuse." Yuri said. "You could have moved on if you allow yourself to."

"Easy for you to say." Siwon said. "You just haven't had any boyfriends yet that's why you can say that."

"Yah! What make you think I had no boyfriends before!" Yuri snapped. "You think I am not that attractive to have one?!?!"

"Aniyo. Yoona's first boyfriend was hyungnim, I am just assuming that you haven't had one before." Siwon said.

"You call yourself a doctor? How about individual differences? Huh?" Yuri asked. "I atleast had 3!"

"You had 3 and you haven't done it?" Siwon asked. 

"Y-you jerk!" Yuri yelled. "That is only done by married people!" She threw a pillow on Siwon's face. "Wae? Don't tell me you done it before you married Hyomin ssi!"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Siwon asked playfully.

"Shiroooooo!" Yuri exclaimed then threw another pillow on Siwon.


 

Siwon is still up, he cant' sleep. So he just stayed up looking at his late wife's pictures. He then heard a small sob. He looked at Yuri. He then heard it again. Yuri is crying. 

"Yuri ah?" Siwon called her. "Are you still awake? I thought you have fallen asleep already." Yuri didn't answer so Siwon went to her bed. She is crying but she seemed to be asleep still. "Yuri.." He then tapped her shoulders to wake her up. She opened her teary eyes. "Are you having a nightmare?"

"Did I wake you up?" Yuri asked weakly. Tears fell from her eyes. "Don't make a fuss.. I always have these nightmares every now and then."

"Do you want me to get a glass of water for you?" Siwon asked, wiping the tears on Yuri's face.

"Aniyo. I'm fine." Yuri said. "You can go back to your bed now." Siwon patted her head like a kid they stood up to go back to his bed. Yuri caught his shirt, he then turned around and looked at Yuri. "Can I sleep beside you tonight?"

"W-what?" Siwon inquired. Sleep with me???

"Just tonight.. until the nightmare stops." Yuri said. "I'll be quiet." Siwon looked at her, tear still continues to fall from her eyes. 

"Alright. It will just be tonight anyways." Siwon said. They lied down on Siwon's bed. Yuri fell asleep almost at once. Siwon just looked at her, an dfor some reason, decided to run a finger on Yuri's face. He stopped. It gave him chills down his spine. He then turned his back on her but he suddenly got up when he saw Hyomin's picture on the bedside table. She is smiling at him.

 

                                                             

"I didn't do anything." Siwon thought aloud. "I didn't!" He said again as if talking to his wife's picture. "I-I just wanted to take care of her tonight especially when she look so helpless like this." He looked at his wife's picture again. her smiling face doesn't seem to be disapproving on anything. He then looked at Yuri sleeping peacefully, a tear slides down her cheeks and Siwon wiped it with his finger. "It's your fault, Yul. I'm feeling like I have wronged my wife for some reason because of you.. I'm feeling guilty all of the sudden just by lying down beside you." He said to Yuri. "But you look so helpless." He leaned forward to her and placed a kiss on her forehead. He then know that he is going to spend one long sleepless night .