Ambivalence

When She Was Her

She's home now." Yu-kwon told Yuri. "It's time for you to go home as well, noona."  This statement stunned Siwon. He cannot lose her just like that. He cannot let it happen but he doesn't know what to say to his younger brother-in-law who looked like he is really determined to take Yuri home. On the other hand, Yoona apologized to her husband about her disappearance and about the trick that she played on him. 

"You should have told me." Seunghyun said. "Whatever happens you should tell me everything." 

"Mianhae." Yoona said. "You were so busy, a lot of people are counting on you.. and I just cannot bring myself to tell you about it."

"Because noona is afraid that you won't be there for her that's why she went home and seek our help." Yu-kwon butted in. Yuri gave him a kick. "Awww.. It's true!" He yelled at Yuri who just gave him another kick.

"So.. This person is your sister?" Seunghyun asked Yoona referring to Yuri.

"Ye." Yoona said then smiled. "She is a theater actress, you see, she's very good in what she do."

"Mianhae, Seunghyun ssi." Yuri said. "I hate the fact that you always left my sister alone but don't get me wrong.. I understand why."

"My sister understand everything." Yu-kwon said grinning at Seunghyun. Yuri gave him a you-should-shut-up look. "Wae!?"

"Stop butting in, this is an adult conversation." Yuri snapped at him. 

"Let's go home then." Yu-kwon pleaded his sister. "Oh.. wait a minute, where's Yunho hyung?" He looked at Sulli, "Where did you hide him?"

"Why are you asking me? Am I your brother's keeper?" Sulli snapped.

"Aniyo, but you are his stalker. You kidnapped him, didn't you?" Yu-kwon told Sulli.

"I did not!!" Sulli told him. "You're still the same, Yu-kwon, you're still annoying!"

"Annoyingly cute. I know." He grinned at her then turned to his sister once more. "Gaja?"


"You cannot take her yet." Siwon finally told Yu-kwon. 

"Wae?" Yu-kwon inquired. He gave Siwon a suspicious look. "I have been waiting for noona to come home."

"Let her stay for a few more days." Siwon asked. "I have already asked Yunho about it and I think he's cool with it."

"That's what you think but I don't think so." Yu-kwon told Siwon.

"Yah! Yu-kwon-ah," Yuri yelled at his brother. "He is your brother-in-law, older than you are. You should talk politely."

"I just want to go home." Yu-kwon said then pouted.

"Why not stay here for tonight?" Seunghyun asked. "You can then decide tomorrow. Let's enjoy the party tonight." Which they did.


 

It's already 2AM and Siwon cannot get any sleep at all. He then called Yuri on her phone and asked her to meet him at the piano room. He thought about what he is going to say then headed to the piano room right away making sure that he'll arrive there before Yuri does.

Yuri walked towards the piano room. She doesn't know why Siwon wants to see her. Maybe he wants to insist again that I should stay here, Yuri thought. She is torn between staying in Korea for Siwon and going back to Paris for her acting career. She never thought that she would even think of staying. I guess this is the reason why Yoona didn't come back sooner.. Because she's in love, Yuri thought once more. She have reached the piano room. He's not here yet? She asked herself. She then pushed the door open and went inside quietly. The room is dim, having only a single light bulb shining above the piano. She saw him there, Siwon sitting in front of the piano. As she approached the piano, he began playing it and sang:

 

Can you listen to my words, don’t say anything yet
Actually I’m so insecure, without you how do I live each day?
I know you haven’t ended yet,
But don’t cry over the empty space that I left

My heart only has you, your heart only has me.
Similar sentiments, the proof of our love
The same sky, different place.
We’re separated for now
for this instant, something to never forget
Please remember

I will remember the love you gave me
No one can take over you
That only love, I will keep in the bottom of my heart
Making you wait so long, I’m sorry
In my life only you are most special

My heart only has you, your heart only has me.
Similar sentiments, the proof of our love
The same sky, different place.
We’re separated for now
for this instant, something to never forget
Please remember

Actually you understand right
Without you i can’t live, without me you can’t live
An almost torn heart, take a deep breath
Who said that hurt will slowly heal is empty words
I love you, I love you, I love you, even if you can’t hear
Sorry Sorry Sorry I have regrets
F.O.R.E.V.E.R I will hold your hand tight
Just like when we first met, we will be back together

Be my love, I need you girl.
To me there is only you, you know that right
the sharpness of cold wind, like it’s beating me to be by your side

The you that grasps my hand
The you that follows my steps
Until the day that we meet again, I won’t let go of your hand

My heart only has you, your heart only has me.
Similar sentiments, the proof of our love
The same sky, different place.
We’re separated for now
for this instant, something to never forget
Please remember

 

"What is this?" Yuri asked as soon as Siwon is done singing and was smiling at her. She is not expecting this and she isn't accustomed to it. No one ever sang to her before. The act made her blushed to the deepest pink.

"You are asking for something romantic, right?" Siwon said. "I cannot think of any but this. I told you, I am not good with being romantic."  Siwon said, flustered as he think that she didn't like it. Yuri then sat beside him. She didn't say anything for a while but then suddenly gave Siwon a punch on his shoulder. "Awww! What's that for!!!?" If I'm going to marry this woman, I'm going to be a battered husband!!!

"How do you think can I leave this country if you are doing this to me!?" Yuri yelled at him. She was about to tear up.

"Don't you like it?" Siwon asked as he rubbed his shoulder where Yuri have punched him.

 "I love it." Yuri replied. "But not as much as I am falling for you right now." She said then hugged Siwon tightly. "I will be gone... But I am definitely coming back for you."

"Of course you are coming back or I'll personally go to Paris and dragged you back in here." Siwon said with a smile. "I won't let go of you. We'll separate for now but once I have you back, you can never go away from me again. Saranghae."

"Me too. Saranghae." Yuri said then gave Siwon a tiny kiss on his nose.


Thank you very much for sticking with me until the end of the story. Thank you for reading, this is my first and hopefully no the last. Please leave some comments, advises or suggestions. I hope I can make better ones in the future with your help. KAMSAHAMNIDA!!!~

 

-vanilla-ssi