Part 10

Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh, heeyy moommm, daaadd. How are you doing?" Her parents were about to answer he but she continued, “You guys are doing fine? I'm glad, but first let us go inside first, alright?" She said smiling cheekily and at the same time pushing her parents inside. After everyone was inside, they all gathered at Park Ha's living room. 

 

“So mom, dad I believe you’ve heard from him,” she points at Jinyoung that is by her side and continues, “This is Jung Jinyoung, my boyfriend currently and well soon-to-be husband for life if you guys approve of us!” She said confidently.

 

Oh wow, this is new.. Jinyoung thought. Seldom did Jinyoung see Park Ha is all confident, except during class presentation because the class like to pick on kids during presentation time. I guess she really wants her parents to accept me, awwwwww I’m touched Park Ha. He thought and stops when Park Ha nudged his arm and told him to introduce himself.

 

Jinyoung bowed a little to the elders and introduced himself. “Jung Jinyoung, same age as Park Ha but older in months. Soon-to-be the heir to my dad’s company. And I’d like to ask for your blessings. He bowed and took his seat again soon after. Park Ha’s mom was getting some thing when he introduced himself. Jung-Jung, oh wait isn’t the Jung is one of the successful businessman? “Your dad’s company, you mean the Jung’s company??!” Her mother looks so surprised she had to stop herself from talking for a while, Jinyoung nodded and hoped that she won’t ask anything more, for he doesn’t prefer business because he is likes to make music more but being the only child, he has no choice.

 

Jinyoung was relieved when her mother just nods. Her dad looked cool enough to Jinyoung though, only her mom looked surprised knowing he is The Jung’s son. Thank goodness the tension was brought down when her father asks for coffee from her mother and said that she should prepare dinner now. Her mother just nods and moves so do Park Ha.

 

Park Ha’s dad was nice enough to make conversations with Jinyoung which is exactly not what Park Ha imagined will happen earlier. She thanked God for that but silently cursing and praying at the same time that her mom won’t oppose their relationship. The males are at the living room chit chatting and sipping coffee made by Park Ha’s mom.

 

Sensing the tense atmosphere, Park ha tried joking but looks like her mother is still mad at her. Her mom is cutting the vegetables needed for their dinner. “So what do you think of your future son-in-law? Heheh” Park Ha laughed at her own joke but stopped when there were no responds from her mother. “Oh come on, Mom! Say something, it’s not like I’ve met his parents, well I did but nor for marriage sake.” At her sentence, her mom glared at her and finally spoke.

 

“Do you even hear what he said? Oh screw that, you’ve been to his house and you know stuffs about his family, do you think his parents are willing to be in laws with us, just mere commoners??!” Ooohh this is bad, Park Ha thought.

 

“I know mom, I know. I hear him loud and clear just now and I’ve seen the life he lived but it’s love at first sight mom, I mean to him since I’ve been admiring him since he enrolled at my school. But, we both felt it when we look at each other in the eyes and he’s been good to me and careful with my feelings, thoughts mom.” Park Ha explains that comes out as a pleading instead of just plain explanation. Her mom looked at her only to continue cooking.

“Oh my daughter, he may wants you, but have you thought will you be happy if your in-laws doesn’t like you? Plus if you were to get married to him, you’ll have to move in with him and live with your in-laws. Have you thought of that?” Her mom spares her a glance only to find answer to her question.

 

Park Ha was smiling guiltily and that made it clear sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter