Chapter 3

My Heart's Sonata

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt. Ladies and gentlemen, the president has arrived.” The host announced.

 

The whole crowd including Shawn applauded. The president went directly to the table of his wife and gave her a warm hug. After the president seated, Shawn started again to play the piano. His long and thin fingers gracefully danced on the piano keys in every piece that he plays. His head swayed together with the rhythm of his music. The movement of his shoulders and his feet reflected the intensity of his feelings depicted in each of the keys that he pressed.  

 

Right after his performance, Shawn went straight to the first lady and the president to give his respect.

 

“Good evening sir, ma’am. Thank you for inviting me. It’s an honor to be here.” Shawn greeted.

 

“You’re Mr. Lim. Right? The young piano genius?” The president asked.

 

 “Thanks for the compliment. Sir.” Shawn thanked.

 

“Why don’t you sit with us?” The first lady offered.

 

“Thank you,Ma’am. It will be an honor.”Shawn replied.

 

Jade went to the children’s party and entertained all the kids. At the end of the party, Jade left without changing her costume. She just removed her head piece and secured it around her left arm at the side of her body. She’s quite sweating while she walks at the side street due to the weight of her costume. Even Jade, she doesn’t know why she didn’t change to her clothes. While she was walking under the darkness where only the moon and some post lights served as her lights, we passed a tea café. Without any hesitations, she went inside and bought a large size of Green tea with milk. Milky green tea served as Jade’s energy and comfort drink everytime she feels emotionally or physically down. She left the café and walked again her way to the bus stop while sipping her drink. She waited for the green light then walk on the pedestrian lane. A woman with a huge hand bag was walking swiftly across Jade’s way and unintensionally hit Jade on her shoulder causing her to again lost her balance and her grip with her head piece. Luckily, an old man helped her to stand. Jade stood up and looked for her head piece while holding her drinks in her right hand. She looked back and found it. It rolled about two meters from where she was standing. As she reached for it, a very loud sound of a car engine was heading towards her. She was too shocked that she can’t move even a single step from her position. Now a black sports car was heading… 20 meters, 15 meters, 10 meters, 5 meters, 2 meters… For 5 seconds, Jade felt that the whole area was in mute.

 

“Why it’s like this? Am I dead? I can’t hear anything…” 

BBBeeeepppppp!!

 

“Hey, are you in yourself? Are you blind?” a man’s voice coming from the opened window of the car that almost killed Jade. After a while, the door of the car opened.

 

A tall and lean man on his 20’s went out. He was wearing an all black suit. The loud volume of a classical piano music from the car invaded the whole scene.

 

“ah, ah, I… I’m sorry…” Jade apologizes.

 

Jade was in total shock. Her costume contributed a lot for her to sweat. She was trembling due to her fright. Although, she was sweating she felt too much cold inside her body. She doesn’t know what to say and what to do.

 

 “Hey, next time, will you please watch where you’re going?” The man said.

 

“and please, don’t get attached to your character. Don’t be a chicken head.” The man added.

 

Jade just nodded and still in shock. The man faced back and walk towards his car. He stopped because he heard something strange. He looked back again to where Jade was standing and…