Chapter 1

My Heart's Sonata

 

 “Hello.” Shawn answered his call as he drives his black sports car in full speed.

 

“What? In that amusement park? You know that I hate to see mascots! Why in that place? Can we just meet somewhere else?” He shouted in frustration.

 

“Ok. Ok. Bro, you win.” In a low voice, he accepted his friend’s invitation.

 

“Alright, I’ll hung up. See you later.” He removed his head set from his ear and levelled up the volume of his radio.

 

 He was listening to a collection of different rhapsodies until he reached the amusement park where he will meet his friend.

 

By the time he arrived, he immediately looked for a parking space where he can park his car. It was summer that time and the entire amusement park was jam packed with customers. Shawn spent more than 10 minutes to look for a space. After he parked, he carefully opened his door and went out his car. The bright rays of the mid afternoon sun made his round brown eyes to hurt a little bit that’s why he grabbed his sun glasses from his car and wore them. Shawn was wearing a light gray cottoned long sleeves that fits his good physique perfectly together with his white summer pants. As he walks, A man in his 40’s approached him…

 

 “You’re Shawn Stephen Lim, right?” The man asked.

 

 “Yes. Why? Have we met before?” Shawn answered and smiled.

 

 “I saw you performed last night and I instantly become a fan.” The man proudly said.

 

 “Oh. Thanks!” he thanked. Shawn was an outstanding pianist.

 

 At the age of 25, he was already considered as a piano genius. He most of the time goes outside the country to perform for significant occasions.

 

“Hello.” Shawn answered his phone while waving to the man his goodbye.

 

 “Yes, I’m coming. Where are you exactly at?”

 

” At the carousel. Ok I’ll be there just wait for me.” He hung up.

 

Shawn walked his way to the carousel until he saw a familiar man at his 20’s.

 

“Hey, John! Right here!” Shawn yelled.

 

John is one of his colleagues not long time ago when he signed up to become a formula 1 racer. John is a professional formula 1 racer for two years and a known play boy. You can’t blame him because he got the height and the looks.

 

 “Hey, long time no see. Bro! Why’d quit? One race wasn’t enough.” John asked.

 

“Well. I think racing is not for me.” Shawn said.

 

“So why did you call? And meet you here?”Shawn asked.

 

 “Bro, just do me a favour ok? Will you play any piano piece for me later? There at the announcing counter. Don’t worry, I set everything up.” John pleaded.

 

“For what? Can’t you just play any recording or something?”

 

“Please, Shawn. My girl friend is here. She broke up with me last night. I want to win her heart again. She will find it sincere if you play live. Please? Just take this as a charity move for you. All the people here will listen to you live. For free. Please?”

 

 “What? Since when did you have a genuine feelings for a woman?”

 

“Please, Shawn. I think she’s the one.” “I always hear that excuse. She’s the one. She’s the perfect woman.”

 

“Please? As a friend…”

 

 “Ok fine. I’ll just play one short piece.”

 

Shawn played… it seems that the entire amusement park listened to him for a while.

 

”Alison, forgive me. I will die without you.” John announced.

 

John left Shawn playing a classical piano piece by Litsz and started to look for his girlfriend, Alison.  After his performance, he left without saying his goodbye to John. As Shawn walked his way out to the amusement park, He heard a voice coming from nowhere.