Chapter 2

The Heart's Decision

Four years had passed by and nothing changed. Jiyoon was still collecting Minji from school although the younger one insisted to.

It hasn't been only four years since the girl's father died, but also that they donated Kibum's remaining blood to another person who also got involved in the same car accident.

The school's bell rang for dismissal and the students were flooding out from their classrooms.

Jiyoon started searching for her daughter's eyes hoping she was doing fine and safe like every time. Suddenly she felt someone hugging her from behind. She smiled at the thought of knowing who it was. She turned and hugged the grown-up back. Although Minji grew into a little woman, she still was as innocent as she used to be back then. Still, she also made a secret promise to herself: to support her mother all the way to see her idol's beautiful smile.

"How is my grown-up girl?" Jiyoon asked as she pinched Minji's cheek making the younger one giggle.

"I'm fine umma. By the way, we have a new classmate! It's a boy." The girl cheered excitingly making the mother wonder why she was like this since she hated boys.

"Ah, really? Why so happy then? I thought you would hate boys." The mother chuckled as she caressed Minji's hair.

"Actually, he's different. Weird, but different. Oh, and he's nice!" The girl grinned and pulled her mother towards a man who was laughing along with a boy about Minji's age.

"Umma! That's him!" The girl squealed as she ran towards the boy and hugged him from behind causing both of them to fall.

"Yah, Minji-ah! You'll hurt him!" Her mother scolded as she helped her daughter up. The man chuckled and helped his son up only to meet eyes with his son's new friend's mother. They both stared at each other never leaving each other's eyes.

"UMMA!" Minji yelled in anger as she kicked her mother's knee making the woman fall on the man. Both eyes widened and immediately stood up dusting their clothes off.

"M-Minji-ah! How...wha--"

"This is Taemin oppa." The girl grinned at her mother ignoring the fact that she got hurt. Like I said, still innocent but mischievous at the same time.

"Oh. Annyeong Taemin." The mother said wanting to shake hands but the boy refused. Instead, he bowed and greeted her formally.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mrs Jeon." The boy greeted. Jiyoon got taken aback at the boy's formality. Never in her life has she met such a gentleman.

"Taemin-ah, let's go." The man called. Taemin ran towards the man and held his hand.

"Bye Minji!" The boy cheered as he waved at the younger girl.

Jiyoon got back to her senses and turned to her daughter who was acting as if nothing happened. Jiyoon rolled her eyes and they both made their way home.