Chapter 4

The Heart's Decision

The following day she went once again to pick Minji up.

"Umma!" Minji yelled from the top of her lungs as they met each other's eyes. They both hugged but Jiyoon was kind of surprised to see Taemin without his father. As if the younger girl could read her mother's thoughts she answered her.

"He said he would come a little late." Minji said as she glanced at the boy who looked down. Jiyoon glanced at her clock and smiled as an idea popped into her mind. She bent down to meet the boy.

"Taemin-ah, do you have your father's number?" She asked as she tried to occupy his eyes. Taemin nodded and handed her a note from his pocket. The woman then sent a text message.

Annyeonghaseyo Mr--

"What's your father's surename again?" She asked the boy.

"Kim." He answered quietly.

Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Kim!
I'm so sorry for shocking you with this sudden message. Anyway, if you're looking for Taemin, please don't worry. I brought him and Minji to the playground which is just a block away from the school. - Minji's mother (:

Jiyoon thanked the boy and brought the kids to a near playground where she used to he a lot when she herself was younger.

 

Jiyoon sat down on a free bench and her ice cream with a genuine smile. It's been a while since she had some peace for herself. Suddenly she heard a male clearing his throat. She turned and saw the man from yesterday who should be Taemin's father. She smiled and offered him to sit down.

"Thank you for taking care of Taemin." The man said with a smile.

"You're welcome. He's really brave. I actually thought he would cry because of his sad expression from before." Jiyoon shrugged.

"Oh, Taemin is always like this. No need to worry about him." The man said. Jiyoon turned her head and smiled. She then held her hand out.

"Jeon Jiyoon. Member of the former band 4MINUTE." The man stared at her in surprise which made Jiyoon curious.

"D-do I have something on my face?" She asked getting worried.

"A-ani! It's just-noona?" The woman's eyes widened. It's really him.

"Chen?" Chen smiled with his mouth still open and nodded.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I-I-I didn't know it was-come here!" Jiyoon said as she hugged the younger one.

"Appa!" Taemin suddenly yelled and hugged Chen.

"How's it going buddy? Did you have fun?" The older one asked as they both hugged each other. Taemin nodded eagerly.

"Nae. Gomo bought us ice cream!"

"Oh, really?" Chen asked as he glanced at his sunbae who was smiling like a fool.

"Okay then, but don't tell your mother, okay?" The younger one nodded eagerly with a huge grin.

"Ahjussi, can we please play a little more?" Minji asked with a pout. Chen glanced at the older woman who was nodding at her daughter causing the kids to squeal in joy.

 

"So, this is your little one?" Chen asked as they both watched their children fooling around. Jiyoon nodded with a smile.

"She sure looks like her mother." Chen said as he started observing the older one's features. That's what her father said.

"Yah, noona. What's wrong?" Chen asked as he poked Jiyoon's cheek to get her attention.

"It's nothing." She then glanced at her clock and sighed.

"I have to go now. Umma told me to come early today." The later nodded in approval.

"Minji-ah!" The younger girl groaned and hugged Taemin tightly.

"Annyeong Taemin oppa!" She cheered as they both made their way to the bus stations.

 

Taemin approached Chen with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"You like Jiyoon gomo, right?" He asked as he nudged the older one's shoulder.

"Aish, you little spoiled thing. Let's go home or your mother will scold me." Chen said as they made their way home.

"Err, appa?"

"Hm?"

"Why is umma persuading me to call you samchon? I mean, isn't it right to call someone appa who is like one for you?" Chen stopped his way and let out a heavy sigh. He then bent down to reach Taemin's eye level and started fixing his jacket.

"You know, noona-or better say your mother-still hasn't given up on your father. Although your actual father left you guys alone without anything left, not even a penny, she still loves him." Taemin lowered his head.

"Hey, cheer up buddy! You still have me and that's what counts right? Just don't make yourself upset because of something like this." Taemin looked up with a small smile. He hugged his uncle and thanked him.