Chapter 5

The Heart's Decision

Jiyoon jumped on her bed in excitement as the event from earlier replayed over and over again. After all those years she got through, she could smile again with her fullest heart which was also noticeable for Minji and her mother when the girls came home.

Just a few moments later, a call interrupted her happy-go-luck-mood. She groaned and picked up.

"Yeobseyo?" She asked, annoyed by the fact that she just got interrupted.

"Noona?" Her face lit up as she heard his voice.

"Ah, Chen! What’s up?"

Suddenly a question formed in her mind.

"I--"

"F-from where did you get my number?" She interrupted the younger one. The man chuckled over the other line.

"You sent me a text message earlier, remember?" He explained.

"Forgot." She answered slightly embarrassed as she pursed her lips.

"You okay? You sound sick noona." Chen asked worried as his voice shook.

"No, I--"

Suddenly she remembered the letter. Although it was years ago, she just had to ask if he said was true or just some dare or joke.

"Do you remember writing me a letter when I left 4MINUTE?" She blurted out. No answer. The woman sighed and rolled over to the other side of the bed so she could lean against the wall.

"Chen, I--"

"Yes, I do."

She gasped. A few seconds later she asked if he still could remember what he wrote. Chen answered once again positively.
"Is it true that you liked me, back then?" Jiyoon asked hoping for another positive answer. The younger one sighed over the other line. Since Jiyoon became impatient, she asked once again.

"Yes, it was true."

Was true. The last two words kept filling her ears and mind. Taemin's mother must be lucky. She then shook her head and forced a smile so that she could change the subject.

"Let's-let's change topic. How are the other EXO members? Still any contact?" She asked with a shaky voice.

"Sure we have. Suho, Xiumin and Luhan hyung got married, Sehun, Kai, D.O. and Tao are concentrating on their studies, Lay hyung is currently on tour with his band and Kris, Chanyeol and Baekhyun hyung are currently abroad but will come back soon. What about you guys?" Jiyoon smiled as she remembered how she first met EXO. It was pretty much chaotic but she didn't mind since she was already used to it.

"All of them still alive." She laughed making the younger one chuckle. Unaware of what could happen; Chen asked her the most unwanted question.

"What about Kibum hyung? How is he?" The woman stopped laughing.

"Noona? Still here?" Chen asked with a worried undertone. Did I say something wrong? Jiyoon sighed knowing she wouldn't feel something.

"He died." She answered quietly.

Silence.

"I-I didn't meant to make you cry."

"It's okay. I'm not crying anyways."

Not even in his funeral.

"Hey, um, what about meeting up tomorrow? I mean we could take the kids with us and stroll a little bit around." The latter agreed to it.

"Well then, see you tomorrow, I guess." Chen whispered.

"Yeah, see you."

The man hung up first as Jiyoon still didn't move from her spot. She couldn't. She was too happy to do anything at the moment. It's as if her whole world would stop for a tiny moment as her heartbeat got faster.

"Umma?" A little voice asked. The woman's eyes wandered to the door where it found her younger twin. Jiyoon smiled and opened her arms for her little one who immediately accepted the offer.

"Minji-ah, would you like to spend a day with Taemin?" The older one asked as she caressed the girl's hair. A huge smile appeared on the baby-like child as it nodded eagerly. Jiyoon smiled too as she swayed Minji in her arms.