Chapter 7

The Heart's Decision

"Wow. It's been such a long time since I've gotten here last." Jiyoon commented as she was stunned by the amazing view.

"Really? I thought you would come here when you have time."

"Used to. In those past four years I couldn't come because of Minji."

Chen nodded.

"Tell me, why were you shocked when Xiumin hyung said that we disbanded four years ago?"

Jiyoon sighed and lowered her head.

"It's just, Kibum died four years ago in a car accident. We donated his blood to someone who needed it. That someone was in the same accident and actually means a lot to me."

Chen's eyes widened. An accident four years ago?

"F-four years ago?" He shuttered.

"Yeah. Why?"

 

---------- F L A S H B A C K ----------

EXO was on their way back home from a party by car. None of them was drunk although most of the waiters from there offered them a martini, beer or something else. As they were laughing along in the car, and making jokes of each other, their manager stopped for the red traffic light. When the lights got green two cars suddenly rammed into their van causing a sea of blood. One of them died on the spot, all EXO members were unconscious but a man could still flee with a broken leg and a smirk on his face.

As all of the members were brought to the hospital they got immediately checked.

"Mrs. Shin! Please send this patient into the operation room now!" the doctor demanded as the nurses brought Chen into the operation room.

As soon as he woke up from his unconsciousness, he heard his fellow band mates talking.

"I guess we have to hide this from him--"

"Hide what?" Chen immediately asked smelling something fishy.

"GEGE!" Tao cheered as he hugged the older one tightly.

"N-nothing?" Suho shuttered as he hid behind D.O. Kris approached him and sighed.

"We got disbanded. That's all."

Chen sighed as well and nodded - understanding what it meant for him and all others.

"I guess I can finally stay with my family then."

"I thought your sister needed help with Taemin." Lay asked.

"Then I I'll stick to my noona." he chuckled. Suddenly Chen saw the sack of blood.

"Who's the donor?" He asked reading carefully his fellow band mates' faces.

"Err, we-we--"

"We don't know!" Chanyeol yelped making the others flinch.

"Sorry. Err... We don't know, I guess."

"What about manager hyung?"

"He told us the blood would be from someone who was involved in the same accident."

"Yeah. You don't need to worry. Err... That person died on the spot so--"

"THE PERSON DIED?!" Chen asked shocking the other members.

"I-I guess so?" D.O. shrugged.

The door opened revealing their family members.

"Omo, Chanyeol-ah!"

"Umma!"

"Is Minseok here?"

"I'm here!"

"Oh gosh, Baekhyun-ah, I thought you died!"

"I'm sorry noona."

They all hugged each other's parents and siblings. Chen was watching them and thought about how it would be if his family was here too.

 

"Hey man, don't be upset. You're not the only one." Kris said trying to encourage the younger one who just smiled slyly.

"I wish she was here." He whispered with a lowered head.

"Well, not all of our wishes will come true." Kris commented.

---------- + + + ----------

 

"It's me." He whispered not believing what he just became to know.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Jiyoon asked turning her attention back.

"Was it me?" He asked. The woman smiled a little and nodded.

"Thanks for saving me." He muttered. Jiyoon nodded once again and watched as the two children were fooling around.