Chapter 3

The Heart's Decision

Jiyoon was strolling through old pictures when she still used to be an idol. Suddenly she stumbled over one which brought memories back.

It was Kibum and her taking the first picture after they became one. She stared at it, but nothing. Not a little heartache or something. The woman shook her head and proceeded watching pictures. Without knowing, a letter fell out.

She thought about it. Why wasn't Jiyoon sad if she remembered how they both became friends and at the end even more than that. They shared their first kisses; first time being in a relationship and even their actual first time.

Well, it was actually just her first time to be in a relationship and to have it.

She didn't miss him.

Jiyoon stood up and took a picture out from her cupboard. It was a family picture, taken just a few days before Kibum died. She hid it and took it out when she needed it the most like now.

Jiyoon then continued looking through several albums until another picture caught her attention. It had the caption "Out with the SM boys. Let's welcome EXO to the music family!". She smiled as she remembered how much they fooled around but frowned at the thought when Jihyun pushed her into the pool with clothes on. Suddenly she remembered how one of the EXO members helped her to get dry. He was really kind and even treated her to an ice after that incident.

Jiyoon thought for a moment who it was. Chen, right? She blinked for a moment but shook her head afterwards. Suddenly she saw a picture of someone familiar and her posing together. Her eyes widened in horror. Taemin's father?! She gulped and closed her album.

"Please don't tell me that Taemin's father is Chen." The woman whined being all desperate. She sighed and rolled to the edge of the bed.

"I swear, this is so frustrating!" Jiyoon groaned and slammed a pillow on her head.

She glanced on the ground and found a folded letter. She picked it up and read it out loud.

Annyeong noona!

I feel really sorry for hearing that news. Also, I'm really, really sad that you're going to leave 4minute because you're jjang! Without you 4minute wouldn't be any more as the 4minute I know. You're really great and you would also give a great mother.
I hope we'll stay in contact, nae? Please do stay in contact with me or I'll hate you for a lifelong. Keke~ Joke.

I would never get mad at someone I actually love. I know this might sound stupid since I'm your hobae and dongsaeng at the same time. But I do like you more than just a friend. Please don't hate me noona! ><" I just had to get rid of this confession since the others forced me to. I'm also okay with it if you just want to stay friends since you already have someone by your side.

So err...sorry for the long letter. Hehe. I will miss you. That's all.
Chen

Jiyoon's eyes widened. Chen liked her? How come? She put the letter on the night table and picked her phone.

"Yeobseyo?" A tired voice asked through the line.

"Conference in my room. Now. And don't forget the others." She said and hung up before the latter could complain.

 

Just a few minutes later the other girls came in like zombies.

"What's wrong?" Sohyun asked as she rubbed her eyes.

"This." Jiyoon whispered harshly as she threw the letter on the bed. Jihyun picked it up and her eyes widened.

"I KNEW IT!" She squealed with delight as she fist pumped.

"What the hell man. Let me see." Gayoon groaned as she snatched the letter away. Her eyes widened too.

"Told you so! Now, where's my reward?" Jihyun asked her dongsaeng as she held out her hand.

"Geez. That bet was years ago." Gayoon groaned once again as she sat down on the floor.

"But still I won." Jihyun complained as she puffed her cheeks.

Jiyoon stared at them in disbelieve.

"You guys knew?" The two older ones nodded while the maknae line let themself plop on the bed and continued sleeping.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Jiyoon asked throwing a tantrum. They both shrugged.

"How? We can't just come to you and say 'Jiyoon-ah! Your ice cream buddy has a crush on you!'." Jihyun answered.

"Also, it was so obvious from the start that Chen liked you. Ask one of the pieps who has seen the both of you together. Or EXO. You still have their numbers, right?" Gayoon asked. Jiyoon gave them a look.

"Oh right, your phone got broken." Jihyun remembered.

"Anyway, do you guys have their numbers?" Jiyoon then asked.

"Changed number."

"Manager still has the number of their managers. Maybe they have their numbers." Jihyun suggested.

"EXO disbanded just a while ago. As well as SHINee, TVXQ! and f(x). The only ones who are still in SM are Super Junior and SNSD alone. The sunbae's lost contact to all former label mates due to their busy schedules." Sohyun said still lying on the bed.

"How did you--" She shoved her phone in front of her unnie's face.

From: Sunny Sunbae
Sorry Sohyun-ah, but all of the members including the company's employees who worked with any of them lost contact.
I'm really sorry I can't help you guys ):

Jiyoon sighed. Suddenly she snapped her fingers as an idea came up her mind. She was about to announce it to all of then when she found them already sleeping elsewhere in the room. She smiled and also snuggled into her pillows.