Chapter 1

The Heart's Decision

Jiyoon, at the age of 35, was waiting in front of her daughter's kindergarten with her beloved partner. The couple was known for their childishness and for being best friends when they were younger. It was a tradition for them to pick up their dear princess from school — however, it all stopped when the man's phone rang for the last time.

"Mr Gong here. – Yes. – Yes, sir, I'll be there in ten minutes." The man kissed his beloved one's forehead and drove away with a depressed expression.

Meanwhile, the woman would wait patiently for her four-year-old until the bell rang and out came a group of children who were fooling around. The boys would make fun of the girls while they would look at them in disgust. A girl, who had almost the same futures as Jiyoon, smiled brightly as she saw the waiting mother searching for her child's presence. "Umma!" The girl squealed and ran towards the older one. Jiyoon's eyes were filled with happiness as they both hugged each other and shared a few kisses.

"Minji is such a cry baby!" One of the girls laughed as she stuck out her tongue. The woman looked surprised at Minji who was already tearing up at this hurtful comment. She then bent down and sighed as she wiped the girl's tears away.

"Come on. Let's go home." She then said as they made their way to the bus station.

 

"Halmeoni!" Minji squealed as she ran into the arms of Jiyoon's mother.

"Aigo. How's my little princess doing?" The younger one grinned at her grandmother which made the older one smile.

"Hey, why you not greeting me?" A woman about two years younger than the mother in high heel's complained with a pout. The girl's face lit up as she hugged her.

"I didn't know imo would be here too," Minji explained making the older one smile. Meanwhile, the eldest would approach the mother with a huge smile.

"I missed you guys," Jiyoon said as she hugged Jihyun tightly.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we've reunited," Gayoon added.

"What happened to you? Why the sad face?" Jiyoon asked as she helped her daughter ing her jacket. The leader's jaw dropped.

"You don't know?" She asked surprised.

"What?"

"Manager's wife died last week," Gayoon said in disbelieve. Jiyoon's eyes widened.

"WHAT?! I didn't know! Why didn't you guys inform me?!"

"We thought someone already did." Sohyun shrugged. Jiyoon sighed but forced a smile afterwards.

"Hey guys, don't be depressed because you didn't tell me. Let's just enjoy our bonding time!" She cheered as they made their way to the kitchen. The girls had been having a joyful moment with each other. They were fooling around, taking pictures and were even making their faces full of makeup. Suddenly the phone rang. Mrs Jeon answered it.

"Yeobseyo? - Oh, yes. Here she is." She handed the cell phone to her daughter who was currently chatting with her fellow bandmates in the living room.

"Jiyoon-ah, the police department." All of them stopped laughing. Jiyoon took the phone and answered it.

"Yeobseyo?"

"Annyeonghaseyo. Are you by chance Mr Gong's partner?" Jiyoon became curious.

"Yes, I am." The man on the other line sighed.

"I'm very sorry for telling you this. Mr Gong got into a car crash and died immediately on the spot." Jiyoon's eyes widened but still, she remained silent. She felt nothing, which was weird even for herself. She thanked the officer, got up and went straight to her bedroom.

"What happened?" Sohyun asked being the curious maknae.

"I have no idea." Jihyun shrugged.