Chapter 9; Closure

"Restless Requite" An EXO Kai fic Sequel to "Rightful Regret"

Chapter 9; Closure



        "I never thought I wouldn't be a patient whenever I was at the hospital," Ana laughed, sinking into her boyfriend's arms.
        "Right." Kai agreed, smoothing her hair.
        The hyung beside them stirred from his sleep, as if he felt the lovebird's presence. His brows furrowed and he coughed, sitting up. Layers of wraps on his chest slipped off, exposing his freshly stitched skin. Small zigzags of dried blood were staining the white cloth. Ana's fingers automatically flew to her shoulder, wincing at the raw skin behind a coat of bandages. Unlike Kai and Suho and Chanyeol, pretty much all of EXO, Baek and Ana were the only two hurt.
        "Ana! Kai!" Baekhyun exasperated, attempting to welcome the couple into a hug. His body resisted, causing him to wince. The stitches pulled onto either sides of his scarring chest, Baek gritting his teeth.
        "Hyung." Jongin pushed the elder down, giving him a reassured smile. Ana put on a weak smile and joined the two, ruffling the patient's hair.
        "Baek," She smiled, ignoring the chill of his skin.
        "How are you feeling?" Jongin asked, a hand resting on top of the 'nurse' button.
        "Okay," Baek shrugged flinching when the stitches tightened "Vera?"
        "Gone." Chanyeol trudged in, thumbs sticking out of his pockets.
        "I'm sorry. But Vera was, I mean really was, crazy." Baekhyun said.
        "Sisters. Well, stepsisters." Chanyeol shook his head, understanding.
        "Baekhyun." Suho breathed, bursting through the door. He grinned and Kai pressed the 'nurse' button, waving out the relieved family.
        "Times up! Hyung needs to take his medicine!" Jongin ordered playfully, an arm around Ana.
        "Follow the leader!" She joked, directing the just arrived Sehun out the door.
        "We love you Byun Baekhyun," EXO and Ana said together, letting in the nurse.
-
        "A
Rehabilitation Center?" Chanyeol pursed his lips, only now revealed by s that his sister was sent to one. Suho and Kai nodded, it's not like they were going to get her killed...not that they considered that. They weren't merciless nor pacifists.
        "Vera's in a good place now." Ana patted Chan's clammy hands, unpleasantly flashing back to the balcony scene just a few days ago. The wager with death still fresh in her mind.
        "Better than here." Chanyeol added, saying to himself more than the others. No matter how insane his sibling was, a part of him would always keep her as his little sister. 
        "She was pretty though." Ana blinked, still in the flashback "silken hair, curvaceous hips, smooth skin." Kai's girlfriend compared herself to Vera, all but one flaw was that she didn't have Kai.
        "Yes, she was." Sehun agreed, earning a glare from Baek and Suho.
        "Enough with the small talk! Lets watch episode sixteen!" The maknae pestered cutely, changing the subject.


        "Are there any more physco-tic exes I should know about Jongin?" Ana teased, snuggling closer to her boyfriend for warmth.
        "Not that I know of." Kai cocked his head to the side, thinking "wait! I got one."
        "Oh god. Really? Who?" Ana looked directly into his eyes, Jongin breaking down under her innocent stare.
        "You," he whispered, his grin reaching his eyes. He then kissed Ana. His lips yearned hers, a simple peck on the cheek underrated. They had had so many, too many memories together. Blood, sweat, tears compromised their history, surely more in the future.
        "I love you Ana Jang." Kai broke the kiss, smoothing her cheeks. She didn't answer, only smiled and pecked his nose.
-
        "GET OUT!" Ana threw a vase at her (ex)boyfriend, tears threatening to spill over.
        "GOD D*MN ANA, YOU! IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR CRAP. LEAVE." Kai spat back, catching the priceless decoration. She slapped him hard, the just caught glass object clattering to the ground. Stunned, Jongin pushed her into the shards, not thinking. The jagged edges dove into her arms and palms, the sound of ripped skin faint.
        "Ana, I..." Jongin's adrenaline abruptly stopped, lifting his (ex)girlfriend out the mess they had caused. Silent tears streamed down her cheeks, of the pain or anger she didn't know. She let him lift her out and be set on her feet before storming away, glass sprinkling the shined floor. Baekhyun wasn't going to be happy about this.  Another breakup.


        "You guys are impossible." Baekhyun disapproved, studying the messy foyer and boxes of bandages.
        "..." Jongin looked to Ana, her hello kitty band aided arms still crossed.
        "I swear, you guys will light this place on fire. Apologize now. Please. Kai or Ana. Preferably Kai." Baek stared at the two, more impatient than usual for ruining his expensive artifact.
        "Baek-" Jongin tried to protest, but was shut up by the loud sweeping of the staffs brooms. The bristles making him guilty.
        "Ana. I'm sorry." Jongin took her hand, poking the red kitty bows. She pursed her lips even tighter, though her expression was blank.
        "She didn't say anything. I'm forgiven by you now at least right?" Kai hoped, a stern "no" received from the rich hyung.
        "Ana my love. I'm reallyyy sorry. Really sorry. Please forgive me." Kai begged, dramatically dropping to his knees.
        "I can practically see the flames in her eyes," Baekhyun suddenly laughed, almost leaving the couple to figure it out.
        "Speaking of fire," Ana spoke directly to Baek, yanking Kai's hand to for him to get up "Kai and I need a new painting please."

 


~End~
 

THE END...or is it?!?! Happily ever after! I'll let you in om something though, originally when I first started writing the whole fic, I was going to have Ana die. LOL.  Personally, I liked "Real Regret" better. But opinions, shmainions! Except yours! Yours are better! So tell me! What you thought about the whole entire fanfic, "Real Regret" and "Restless Requite" together! Loved and still love reading your comments. Lastly, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING(Putting up with my lazy updates). This fic was most successful out of the three, the rookie days you know? LOL. Thanks for everything SUBBIES, until next time! -Reneh, Author of "Real Regret" & "Restless Requite" [Going to miss me as much as I'll miss you? --> New fic (:]