Chapter 3; Two Stories High

"Restless Requite" An EXO Kai fic Sequel to "Rightful Regret"

Chapter 3; Two Stories High


        "All of the sunbaes and trainees looked at each other for answers, common questions unspoken: Do we follow? Do we stay? Wait and risk? Or go and know?" Suho blinked, eyes dark with reminiscence.
        "Jonghyun acted first, following chairmen without a glance back. Minho pursed his lips and followed out with Key. Onew grabbed Taemin by the hood not to go but shook his head and went anyway. One by one SNSD Noonas filed out, by then the TVXQ hyungs was gone by then." Junmyun shrugged, studying the intent reactions.
        "Until the taxi bursted, we all squished in, shouting at the driver to hurry. Arrived, the enormous building's lights outshined the others. Policemen were seen through the blinds, three on each floor. Shuffling through the cars, Jonghyun's fingers were shakily typing the pass code. The green slot clicked and we sprinted for the main office."  Suho snapped out of the memory, almost laughing at the jaw-dropped expressions.
        "Go on..." Ana mumbled quietly, picturing the scene, gesturing with her hands to continue.
        "The door to chairman's office was wide open, one policeman, one detective searching around the room. They swept their fingers under anything, something, everything. Dust was all they found..." The leader stood up to clear the dishes, all heads snapping toward the eldest.
        "Finish it." Kai shook Junmyun's arm, serious.
        "Ah hyung!" Sehun whined, yanking on his arm.
        "Dust was all they found." Suho repeated, but added another part that he never had told s before"Not on the computer though."
-
        "I already knew how to get to the building, watching Oppa go from afar. Hehe, he didn't know though. Thanks to dad's sleath tricks. When I did follow Oppa I'd hide behind the cars or tiny cut out brick walls. He'd type in the passcode: 1.12.93 and the green slot would click open. Coincidently the night I broke inside, the place was empty. Not a single living thing in the four story building." Vera sighed, disappointed, having brought her skills and weapons for nothing.
        "I literally just walked in like I was Oppa himself, just waiting for the next elimination round to commence. After a few confused corners, I found myself in front of a blurred glass door. A silver plaque was plastered on the side, 'Lee Soo-Man' etched in black letters. The doorknob chilled my fingers, it was locked." She grinned, up for at least some kind of obstacle, no matter the difficulty.
        "Your average doorknob," Vera nodded "silver bulb, master lock metal. The most common and easiest thing to break. With what? A bobby pin!"
        "Slipping out the black clip from my up-do bun, I bent it into a straight point. Like it belonged there, I inserted it into the keyhole effortlessly. With a quick wriggle and rattle, the door silently cracked open." She became jittery, hugging the photo tighter, jumping.

        You could see the girl who once fancied Kai again, a bubbly dumb twit. Double sided she was, beautiful and bold, however deadly and d*mned.
-
        "What did they find on the computer?" Sehun gasped, tapping Suho to finish.
        "They found," The eldest gulped"YADONG/!!!!" Junmyun dropped to floor, howling with laughter.
        "Ayyee, do chincha," Jongin kicked the amused hyung on the ground, interested in the story.
        "They found it was unlocked and the contestants names had been pulled up." Suho continued bewilderingly serious.
        "The policemen thought it was just a server mistake, so they dismissed it like it was nothing. Chairman did too, only to realize the mistake AFTER he had called the winners! One name was changed by the criminal. And now the trainee was official, dancing in the cloudy blue practice rooms. He forgot about it though, because the trainee was making progress after some time." Junmyun stood up, walking to the kitchen.
        "Cliffhanger." Kyungsoo mumbled, still in story time mode.


        "Yah Oppa!" Ana piped over the gurgle of soap and water "who was the trainee? Or at least what was the name?"
        "..." Suho squinted at Kai's love, acting dumb.
      "Come on." Ana whined, an aegyo card at the tips of her fingers.
        "It was, or is; Kim. Jong. In."
        "Mwol!?!? Kai? MY KAI?" Ana panicked, how could this be a mistake? Kai could rap and sing, and my oh my, dance(italic). This wasn't a mistake. Who could've been the person to change the results? Surely Jongin entered the company by talent, pure talent-
        "Just Kidding." Suho teased, dabbing Ana's nose with bubbles.
        "..." Ana scowled and shook her head, scared yet dumbfounded for nothing.
        " I made the story up kids!" The leader yelled for everyone to hear "I heard the story from Sunny Noona and told it like I had witnessed it."
        "Oh my god." EXO gaped all together, the five of them teaming up on the leader who was scrubbing the dishes. Ana took a step back, laughing at her boyfriend's behavior, though in the inside she refused to believe the story was a joke. Suho wasn't kidding, there was a trainee or maybe even artist who wasn't suppose to be in SM. And if it took her a lifetime, she would find out.
-
        "The password was 'I promise to 13elieve' " Vera snorted, a rude thought floating in her mind; Was Lee Soo-man gay? Why did he have a fandom quote from one of his bands as a password? "A little fishy, if not fruity to me."
        "And the homepage was Girl's Generation! In skimpy outfits!" Was this guy gay AND a petifle? Vera's eyes widened, the founder was a ert?
        "I don't even want to know," She shivered, glad she wasn't a trainee here herself. Bored, she pressed the spacebar five times and miraculously, a window popped up. The exact one she needed;
Audition Contestants;
Pass:[+] | Fail[-] | Transfer Company [/]
Do Kyungsoo [+]
Kim Jongin[+]
Oh Sehun[/]
Lu Han[+]
Li Jiaheng[-]
Park Chanyeol[-]
Zhang Yixing[-]
Kim Jongdae[-]
Lee Joohee[/]
Kim JiJoon[-]
Jung Hayin[-]
Jang Feimin[/]

        "And then I changed Oppa's results from a [-] to a [+]"


Ehehehe. Who do you think the brother and sister is?

EXO Tao fic if your interested(: