Chapter 4; Secrets

"Restless Requite" An EXO Kai fic Sequel to "Rightful Regret"

Chapter 4; Secrets

[Gray Italics are thoughts]



        Vera giggled, a mental maniac vibe flittering in her eyes. She was mad, and not like a (mad) hatter, a sick mad.
-
        Drunk, Kai lifted his feet up on the table. He reached for another bottle of soju, the buzzed, relaxed feeling likeable to him. Jongin droned in the sour, bitter liquid allowing his thoughts to run wild; Where was Vera now? Still in China? Why did she attempt to poison Ana? Did they have some kind of history? Or did his brothers have history with her?
        Kai shuffled through the questions in which he had no answer to, chugging more alcohol as he went.
       

        "Are you hiding something?" Ana tried to sound calm, when in fact she was bouncing around inside. She had asked when it was just Baek and her, in his painting study.
        "Why would you say that?" The older smiled sweetly, playing innocent. He mixed a blue and white tint, twirling the smooth brush.
        "Things are starting to get...fishy" Ana nodded to herself, weighing things up.
        "And I'm not talking about Donghae Oppa either," Kai's girlfriend added, maintaining a serious face.
        "East Sea." Baek grinned, easing out of her question.
        "Baekhyun." Ana said loud and clear, tired of being around secretive guys.
        "What." Baek blinked at his easel, bracing himself. Tell Ana? Or wait for Kai to come back?
        "What's wrong?" She now stood in front of his unfinished painting, unamused.
        "Nothing." Baekhyun stared at the canvas hard, avoiding Ana's piercing eyes. She knew Kai couldn't lie and cringed when she did that, as did Baek.
        "Stop lying to me." Ana scoffed, oddly, a trace of sympathy heard in her voice.
        "Okay. I won't." Baekhyun still did not meet her gaze "There is nothing wrong Ana." She blinked rapidly, the word won't standing out. Won't as in present, the older wouldn't used (I'm) not if he weren't fibbing now.
        On impulse, Ana slapped his cheek, both of their skin now pink with the sudden contact.
        "I'm lying," Baekhyun admitted, facing Ana's eyes. A tear spilled out of each eye, though her was face frozen. She had never hit Baek, and she didn't know how to react. Like a brother he was to her, and she hit him.
        "I'm sorry," Ana muttered, turning away. The two of them in disbelief, Baekhyun let her go. A foot outside the doorway, he spoke, ignoring Kai's wishes not to.
        "It was Vera."
-
        "Kim Jongin. Kim Jongin. Kim. Jong. In." Vera's voice chimed above the wind. She skipped playfully around the park, watching the little kids kick around rocks. Vera smiled, it reminded her of Oppa (and her).
        He was always energetic, jumping and laughing all the time. Then she frowned. Oppa was so happy, until mom died. Mother wasn't even his blood, so why did he mourn more than Vera herself? The frown slid off her face, changing into a calm expression. Well the mourning got both of us here anyway, so I guess that's good.
        "Yah! Yah! ...OMMAA!!!" A little girl yelled, while Vera's pupils refocused back to reality. The little kid who had yelped was sprawled on the grass, the older brother laughing as he towered over her.
        "Ommaa!" She wailed again, the mom nearby on a wooden bench. Dressed in a sleek pant suit, she waved at her children.
        ...Maybe Oppa's mom did that. Wave and ignore? Too busy with her job to care for her kids. Was that why Chanyeol cared so much? Or did Vera not care enough for the woman who gave me life? Oppa loved mom more?

Vera continued to question herself, comparable to Jongin, all the questions unanswerable to her.
-
        "Vera." Ana breathed, the name bringing a foul, metallic taste to .
        "Vera." Baekhyun nodded.
        "What about her?" Kai leaned on the doorframe, hands in his pockets. Jongin's body was stiff, and he reeked of soju. Ana turned her nose up, while Baek stood guilty, even though he had only said a name.
        "What happened to her? You never told me." Ana answered, blocking Kai's glare to Baekhyun.
        "You never asked," Jongin trudged in calmly, hesitant in the inside. Tell Ana and stop the paranoid moments? Or continue to hide it from her until he couldn't no longer? Risk her trust once again?
        " I'm asking now," Ana asked cautiously, placing her hands on her hips. Neither of them in the mood for another breakup.
        "What is it you wanted to know?" Kai eyed Baek, scowling.
        "What happened to her?"
        "I don't know."
        "Your lying."
        "...I am."
-
        The tousle of his locks. The glint of his chocolate eyes. The soft bridge of his nose. And...the lips. Smooth, plump, and soft red.
        Vera smiled faintly, then ripped the perfect photo. Four tattered, but equal pieces, for four helpless hearts.


Told the point of views a little weird right? I kept switched from 2nd to 1st person if you didn't notice? *Apologizing*, I didn't know how to change it :/ Aigooo. Hope your enjoying the story though :D Double Update cause I'm nice xD