Chapter 8; Help

"Restless Requite" An EXO Kai fic Sequel to "Rightful Regret"

 Chapter 8; Help


Suho and Jongin sprinted to the apartment, their bodies side by side.
        "Why did Ana leave? And where to?" Junmyun coughed, running faster.
        "I don't know. I wasn't with her." Kai gulped, taking longer strides.
        "Of course. You don't know." The leader scoffed, turning a corner "you're never around when she needs you."
        "What?"
        "I said, you're never around for her, Ana. You know. Your girlfriend?"
        "I KNOW WHO YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT." Kai shouted, stomping ahead of the older hyung.
        "Jongin!" Suho called after his dongsaeng, suddenly apologetic. Though he didn't regret what he said. Kai was not around for Ana. He was when she didn't need him, but coincidently never when she did (need him).
        "Kai!" Junmyun yelled, his dongsaeng's body disappeared into the apartment lobby. Catching his breath, Suho's eyes caught a glimpse of color in the night's darkness. He looked up at the apartment building's windows, all dim or dark except for one. A balcony door slid open, two bodies emerging from the burning lights inside.
        The leader squinted, past the two bodies, past the fully cracked door, right into the blazing living room. And then screams were heard, a name screeched that caused Suho to flinch.
        "ANA!!" Vera choked, throwing her off the balcony.
-
        Kai jumped five steps at a time, dreading to reach the destined floor. Was Ana inside? Or not? If she was, was she okay? Hurt? More than the wound in her shoulder? Her shoulder! Jongin ran to their dorm, gasping when he saw that the apartment was open. He peeked past the wall's sharp jut, almost choking at the sight. Fire. The whole apartment filled with fire. Flames swallowed up the small, cozy living area. Junk littered the wood floor, random objects at his feet. And what was worse than your own home in blazes?
        Vera and Ana, out the balcony, clawing at the edge.
        Hurriedly yet cautiously, Kai made his way to the two. Just barely passing the outbursts of sparks. Fidgeting, he picked out the blade from his sleeve, aiming straight for Vera. Chanyeol's sister stepped on Kai's girlfriend's fingers, the helpless girl in agony. Blood continued to drip out of her shoulder, her face pale. Knuckles white and fingertips red, Ana hung on for her life. Hang or die five stories high.
        Suho stumbled into the scene, opening his mouth to call Kai again before taking in the setting. His eyes scanned the crackling room, locking with Kai's. Jongin put a finger to his lips and pointed to the balcony, Junmyun speechless with shock. Kai waved the blade in front of Suho, frantically waving him over. The leader leaped over the smoking couch, barely making it.
        "You hold Vera." Kai handed the blade to the elder, tapping his palm" I'll get Ana."
        "Hyung." Jongin nodded, mouthing "3. 2. 1."
-
        "Why are you doing this?" Ana cried, her arm on fire like the place behind her soon to be murderer.
        "Haha. I want to take your place. Why wouldn't I?" Vera laughed, kicking away two out of ten of Ana's trembling fingers.
        "Take what you want! What do I have that you don't?" Ana eyed the criminal in front of her, Vera's curvaceous body and silky hair whipping in the wind.
        "Isn't it obvious? I want Kai." Vera crossed her arms, in a matter-of-factly manner.
        "What do you want with me" Jongin pressed Chanyeol's sibling, Suho unseen in the background.
        "To have you." Vera leaned back, stepping off Ana's finger nails.
        "I don't want you." Kai answered plainly, emotionless.
        "Jongin, I always get what I want. Always." Vera stepped forward, pointing at herself for emphasis.
        "So do I. Always. I want Ana. She's mine. And I want you gone. Hyung please." Kai motioned at Junmyun, and he wrapped the knife around her neck. Vera's breathing hitched, the cold metal pressing into her neck. She didn't fidget, either still or slice for her.
        Jongin didn't hesitate to see she was away, throwing himself to Ana. Her fragile fingers were slipping away one by one, all but four left.
        "I can't Kai. It hurts." Ana whispered, her pale cheeks soaked with tears. She let go, eyes closed beautifully. Jongin lunged after his love, grabbing both her wrists just in time. Ana's eyes filled with panic and then with relief as she was pulled into her boyfriend's embrace.
        "I love you." Kai whispered, and Ana out, the searing pain of her shoulder representing Vera's boiling envy.


        Kris and Sehun carried Ana out of the collapsing apartment, dodging heavily ruined wall decorations. Firefighters came right after, hosing down the now ashen dorm.
        "Vera?" Chanyeol sifted through the crowd of people.
        "Where she belongs hyung." Jongin replied, salvaging any items he could.
        "She doesn't belong in this world Kai, even I know that."
        "Exactly."
-
        "There is no EXO, there is no Ana." The staff strapped Chanyeol's sister into a chair, flashing a blinding white lights into her pupils.
        "There is no EXO, there is no Ana." They repeated, Vera's thrashing useless. They locked her ankles into place too, pushing the blinding bulb closer.
        "There is no EXO, there is no Ana." They said again, pushing the mantra in her ears. It soaked into her brain like a dry sponge. Dripping no excess. No extra.
        "There is no EXO, there is no Ana."
        "Vera dear, can you tell me who is EXO? Ana?"
        "There is none."
        "Good."

 

Next update last chapter :3 Didn't realize I hadn't updated in a week and a half D; Mianhe subbies! A longer one for yaaa! ^^