Chapter 7; Disperse

"Restless Requite" An EXO Kai fic Sequel to "Rightful Regret"

Chapter 7; Disperse


  "...BA-BAEK...BAEKHYUN!!!" Jongin grabbed the faltering body, the impact of the weapon swaying his elder's stance. Baek's eyes darted wildly, searching for something that was no longer there.
        "Ana." He whispered.
-
        She had lashed the knife and ran, sympathy for the one who had once been a boyfriend absent. It made her mad that Kai didn't care for her like he did for Ana. That she had to change the audition results and end up here. That Jongin had almost been the one to take her brother's place as a trainee and Chanyeol's sister had fallen for him. Her long time one-sided love became her stepbrother's rival, the irony.
        Vera trudged out the mansion, the house where she had attempted two manslaughter degrees. And the fact that it didn't bother her the least bit? It was sick, sad even. She needed help. She had cracked. Miss perfect cracked. Raised by a dangerous father and an angelic mother? It twisted her inside out. Angel and devil lived inside her, devil automatic and the angel was her turn-to.
        She didn't know how to live nicely, or rightfully for that matter. What she knew was discipline and obligation, not bubbly and carefree. The fling with Kai pulled out the angel, sacrificing her insanity. Poor Vera. Poor, poor Vera.
-
        His eyes lolled in the back of his head, and he fell to the ground.
        "BAEKHYUN!" Kai shook his older hyung, as if he were to wake him up from a deep sleep
        "A..-na." Baek repeatedly choked out, body now completely still.
       

        "Why are you crying? Whats wrong? You never cry." Suho pressed his silent dongsaeng.
        "Jongin, your at Baek's right?" Junmyun stepped out of the taxi, concerned, already on his way to bring leftovers to the mansion. Oblivious, he hung up the phone.


        "Where's Ana?" The leader pressed Vera's brother, now aware of the situation.
        "Gone."
        "And Vera?"
        "Gone." Jongin mimicked staring at the unmoving Baek.
        "Ohhh. Gone? en idiot." Suho punched Chanyeol in the nose, a crack heard followed by gushing blood.
        "What are you waiting for? Find them." Junmyun barked.


        Chanyeol unconsciously drummed Baek's arm, contemplating whether to pull out his sister's knife out now. He held his nose up towards the roof of the car, blocking the trickle of blood in his nostrils.
        "We're at the hospital Mr. Park," the driver's voice blurred out by the hypothetic sound of steps.
        Ana had sped out of Baekhyun's house, clutching her dripping shoulder. And he didn't stop her.

Coward.

Shame.

Disgrace.

Unworthy.


        Chanyeol saw these words sprawled before him, Baek just that, physically in a hospital bed. The heart rate counter beeped steadily, constantly. As if they were the thoughts in Vera's brother's head.
-
        Ana stumbled up the apartment steps, her bloody shoulder throbbing with pain. It hurt even to breath, and the flights of stairs didn't help. She had groaned at the "out of order" sign on the elevator, wincing when she felt her lungs shift.
        A hand on her heart and a hand on the doorknob, she twisted the metal handle, however it was already open. She sniffed at the air, her muscles contorting at an unfamiliar aroma. Silent, she closed the door, sliding down to the floor. Her nose scrunched instinctively. Ana didn't ignore it this time. Kai's girlfriend took a cautious step to the living room, peeking around the wall's jutted curve.

She shouldn't have looked.
       
        It was as if Kai and Ana created the mess, though it wasn't for once.
        Paint, toothpaste, lotion. Papers, DVDs, notebooks. Tapes, cd's, photos. All littered the floor.
        Ana bent down to pick up an old VHS tape, Kai's SM audition written in sharpie marker. Her eyes welled. Next, she scraped the minty blue toothpaste off the table, fingerprints visible on the glass. Ana's gaze traveled to the blinking remote, the tv responding. "Reply 1997," episode 16 it flashed, a picture of Seo In Guk and Eunji visible. A bag of untouched popcorn sat beneath the flat screen, kernels cold.
        Ana tried the cold food, expressionless. Bland.
       
"Pop."

        Something shifted and crackled in the corner of her eye, a shadow seen. Ana's eyes switched to the wall, to the painting of her and Kai. Clear and so colored, it was beautiful. She reached up to touch the canvas, an unpleasant sting meeting her fingertips.

"Sssttt." Singed the spark, flickering to life. Ana jumped away from the painting, bumping into a hard figure. Her shoulder screaming with a burn, a warning. Faint blood trails stained someone's white socks and Ana stared up with horror.
        Face to face, a lighter in one hand, the painting in the other, was Vera. She clucked her tongue simultaneously with the click of the lighter's trigger, Ana watched. Watched the beautiful painted memory engulf into a rippling flame.



:3 Keke. Vera and Ana are quite special aren't they?

+ you subbies know any review shops? Ones that you like? Please comment/message them D; l New fic l