Chapter 1; History

"Restless Requite" An EXO Kai fic Sequel to "Rightful Regret"

Chapter 1; History


  "Where are you?" Kai hissed through the phone.
        "China." Vera shrugged, at ease. She acted oblivious to his tone, even going to the point of yawning.
        "What and why the did you give us those paints?" Jongin snarled, looking to the ruined pastels and then to lifeless Ana.
        "Ooh! The pretty metal boxed set? With thirty different shades?" Vera giggled, uneffected by Kai's anger. She had almost dropped the phone, jumping to her feet.
        "Obviously ." Baekhyun flinched, tucking in Ana's sheets.
        "Hmmm. I don't know. There are reasons. But what fun would it be to just simply tell you? Dig it up yourself." Vera squeaked before hanging up.
        "Your call has been disconnected."
-
        Jongin paced furiously back and forth, almost growling under his breath.

        "When will you wake up?" Baek frowned, fluffing Ana's pillow. Her frail face half covered with the sheets. She stirred and then woke, coughing immediately. Kai jumped to her side, his face softening immediatly. Baekhyun handed her a glass of water and she gulped it down eagerly, much too fast. She almost purged the liquid, as it was far too cold for her raw throat.
        "You okay?" Kai took back the vose, nodding at Baekhyun. He left the two love birds alone, glancing back once.
        "I'm fine," Ana croaked, inhaling the air that wasn't toxic, although it was tense with Kai beside her.
        "Why are they all on the floor?" She squinted, pointing to the swirls of green and blue on the white tiles. She nearly dropped to pick them up, but Kai wrapped his arms around her.
        "Poisoned," Kai whispered, tucking aside a flyaway hair before kissing her temple.
   
        Half of EXO and Ana surrounded the table, cups of froyo in front of them. Pink spoons and napkins centered the uneasy group.

        Jongin's girlfriend was the first to speak, questioned indirect, "what ever happened to Vera?"
        "I don't know," Sehun shrugged, swallowing his yogurt.
        "She left?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, joining the circles of guesses around the table.
        "Yes, she left." Baek nodded, looking to Kai for permission. Jongin shook his head, hide the truth. She had enough to worry about and telling her Vera attempted to kill her wouldn't help the least bit.
        "Congratulations on your dischargememt," Suho smiled, quickly changing the subject. He raised hiscup to clink with the others, knowingly helping Kai. "Not a thing about Vera, or we'll all be stuck in the hospital forever," Jongin had told Baek and the leader. The two hyungs agreeing warily.
        "Thanks Junmyeon," Ana returned the smile, scooping the last of her dessert.
        "Now, episode fifteen anyone?" Baek smirked, revealing a bag of popcorn. Glances were exchanged swiftly among them before they all jumped to the living area, Reply 1997's opening credits rolling.

       
        The park was empty for once, although the boys made no effort to make it sound like it was. The rambunctious bunch kicked a beaten soccer ball around, whooping, yelling, being kids. Off to the side, the only group member and his girlfriend strolled. They walked hand in hand, nearing a certain tree.

        "This is weird," Ana frowned, staring at the familiar stock. She tightened her fingers around Kai's, as she felt his shoulders tense. Kai blinked at the roots in the ground, gulping at the memory; Himself and Vera, hand in hand, sauntering along the Han River. The sunset was bright and blinding, and Vera giggled. The wench had clutched his arms, Jongin consciously shuddering. Why isn't this Ana? I am here with her...am I? His mind repeated the questions, and then he heard the EXO members make a goal in the background. Kai's vision refocused, the sun almost faded into the horizon. Ana was no longer at his side, or even close. She was sprawled on the grass, bodies hovering her limp body. One figure knelt beside her, leaning very close to her face, and...kissed her?!
        
-
        Vera laughed, packing up her vendor stand outside the Everysing store. She absolutely loved the China bustle and the frantically lost tourists. The moment she stepped outside the airport, gasoline fumes fueled her excitement. The feeling had never faded away, as the country was perfect for her troublemaker lifestyle. And that was just what she was doing. She grinned mischievously at the projection screen in front her, her brother's picture advertising the store. A toothy smile and zesty orange hair greeted the city of Beijing. Interrupted, Vera then turned up her nose as a strong, not diesel odor made her insides contort.
        Stenches like those brought back one particular memory;

        "Are you alright mom?" I asked, patting her back.
        "I'm fine dear," mother smiled, right before she started another coughing fit.
        "Let's go to the hospital mm?" I shuffled her along, ignoring her weak protests.
        "Just the polluted streets," she smiled, pounding her chest.
        "You sure? You look a little pale mom-"
        "MOM!" She fell into my arms, the coughing fit bypassed that made her still. 


        "Lung cancer, she was exposed to too many toxins. Does she work in a factory with chemicals perhaps?" The doctor scribbled on his clipboard. I shot a glare at my mom, working in that dangerous d*mn factory again. She was so fricken stubborn. We did need the extra money for my brother's vocal training but we had other ways. And she had to chose the riskiest job.
        "Yes..." She admitted, and the doctor sighed once.
-
        "I'm getting weaker by the day," mom laughed, patting my palm.
        "Don't say that," I scowled, snatching my hand away.
        "Anyways, would you do me a favor my love?" She reached up to caress my cheek but failed due to coughing.
        "What mom?" I asked warily, should I be angry or sympathetic right now?
        "Your brother..." ---hoarse cough---"he didn't make the audition."
        "He...he didn't?" My voice fell, no wonder he had been avoiding the both us lately.
        "No. He didn't. It would've been nice to see him at least become a trainee you know? He was so close. "Mom smiled weakly staring at her IV bag.
        "Love you mom" I whispered, and the cold medicine pulled her to death.

I wasn't done though, seeing my mom pass (away) like that wasn't fair. And so in order to make her death a peaceful one, I know what I had to do; Change the audition results.



Omo omo omo! Chapter 1 part 2! Do you smell drama? I do :3 Keke anyways thanks for staying with me SUBBIES! And welcome new ones! How did you like the 1st chapter? Yay? Nay? Comment(: