Prologue: The First Meeting

My New Butler

Kim Heechul, age 23, walked down the halls of his extravagantly large house. Or, more like his parents' house. But half the time, or three quarters of the time, or all the time, neither were at home. So, Heechul simply decided one day to call in his house. Heechul's mother was the CEO of a huge clothing company, which explained why Heechul was always dressed to impress. Heechul's father on the other hand was somehow connected to something that had to do with overseas travel. The younger really hadn't taken much interest in it, so he never bothered to ask what he did exactly.

Heechul ruffled his own hair, sighing as he turned left to see more doors which led to foreign rooms.

Was it mentioned that Kim Heechul was a name everyone knew?

If someone didn't know that name, they must have been a fool.

Heechul groaned slightly, all the rooms and halls looked the same. Yes, even he would become lost in his own house from time to time. Maids were rushing around the place, as were the butlers. Heechul squinted his eyes slightly, where was his butler? That middle-aged man that would do everything the younger said. Heechul really couldn't wait to meet him.

Then, he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. Heechul turned to see Leeteuk. Or, known also as Park Jungsoo. He was Heechul's best friend. Leeteuk usually stayed over at Heechul's place. He wasn't 'living' there, for Leeteuk had his own place and somewhat 'well-off' parents. It was just that he spent the majority of the time at Heechul's place. Neither minded, it was better than being alone.

"Where is he?" Heechul asked bluntly, not bothering to say the name of his butler. Honestly, Heechul didn't even know that the name of his butler was. He hadn't bothered to learn it.

"He quit his job." Leeteuk replied, not really feeling shocked. Heechul had somehow always managed to scare of each butler he received, even bother they ended up being paid. No butler had been with Heechul for more than a week. And the one that did was never seen again. Heechul didn't really react, he was used to it for now.

"How many is that?" Heechul asked, referring to the number of butlers he had received since the beginning of the week. This day, it was Tuesday. Leeteuk's eyes bolted up as he thought.

"Since the start of the week? About 3." Leeteuk spoke with a slight snicker, Heechul laughed quietly with a satisfied smirk. Oh, how he loved to cause trouble for those who came.

"And it's only Tuesday." Heechul added, making Leeteuk laugh a little more.

"Well, get ready to make that 4. There's someone else coming. His dad has a list of butlers just ready to come in." Leeteuk informed the other, Heechul simply nodded with a slight smile. Even though Heechul didn't see his parents often, he knew they cared. Many people questioned why he never received a maid instead of a butler. And to this thought, Heechul had a very simple reason. 'Girls are annoying, and they usually try to kill me since I'm prettier'.

"When's he going to arrive?" Heechul asked, some excitement flashing in his eyes. Another butler to chase away. Leeteuk laughed quietly, sighing just slightly at the end.

"In about 30 minutes. Go wait in your room, the maids will send him up once he arrives. I'm going home now, my dad says he needs me for something."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heechul watched in annoyance. When was his new butler going to arrive? The only reason Heechul thought this was because he was happy that there was going to be a new toy for him to play with. Someone to mess with, chase off and to be replaced. He his lips. Over Heechul's entire lifetime, he had many different butlers who were all so weak that Heechul easily chased them away, the longest a butler had stayed was a week. And thus, it became a game for Heechul, something fun.

Heechul heard someone knocking, he quickly turned to see who it was. First, Heechul normally made fun of their physical appearance, then began complaining to them and being rude. Those were the firsts steps to getting rid of a butler. Heechul watched as the doors opened, feeling surprised at the sight.

A boy, younger than him, ash black hair and pale skin, paler than even his, walked into the room. First of all, Heechul never before had a butler who was younger than him. Secondly, there was nobody who had skin which was fairer than Heechul's. The elder had his eyes on the boy, stalking his every movement. The slight raising and falling of his chest, the curve of his body, the gentleness of his eyes. This boy was without a doubt, pretty. And if Heechul thought that, then it was absolutely true. The boy looked timid, shy in fact. Heechul questioned how he was going to treat this boy in his mind.

"How old are you? What's your name?" Heeccul questioned, sitting on his chair. He was rather tall, probably taller than Heechul. The elder hissed slightly, if only he was taller.
 
"...I'm Kyuhyun, S-Seventeen..." The boy, now named as Kyuhyun, stuttered. Heechul hid a smirk, chasing off this boy didn't seem to be that much of a problem. Or, at least, that's what Heechul thought.

"Well aren't you quite old." Heechul spoke with very little sarcasm. Kyuhyun stared back. Heechul's eyes widened, a little taken back. Kyuhyun, the boy who seemed rather innocent, gave him a slight smirk.

"Says the man who is 23." Kyuhyun quickly retorted, Heechul kept his surprised look.

"...Did you just talk back to me?" Heechul questioned in a shocked manner. Kyuhyun quickly gave a rather dull look, smirk fading off his lips.

"I think you already know the answer to that." Kyuhyun spoke simply.

"..." Heechul stayed silent, glaring just slightly. Kyuhyun was pretty. He was also seemingly courageous, not to mention spunky. His personality was definitely not what Heechul had encountered in any of his butlers.

"...Why are you staring at me like that?" Kyuhyun asked in a disturbed manner, tugging on the sleeve of his suit. Black pants, black shoes, black jacket and a white button up shirt. So cliche, and it was only the 21st century.

"Well, I've never seen such an ugly creature before. I just can't help but stare." Heechul said, definitely ticking the other off. Heechul smirked in satisfaciton, ignoring the glare going towards him.

"Shut up, do you always disrespect your butlers?" Kyuhyun asked, his lips pouted slightly. Heechul wasn't sure why he noticed this, he hardly ever noticed anything. Even remembering the butler's name, Kyuhyun, was something new.

"Only when they disrespect me." Heechul retorted, Kyuhyun simply stared.

"Well, I should tell you this then. Respect is earned. I don't care where you come from, who you are or hold old you may be. If you don't respect me, I'm not respecting you." Kyuhyun said simply, Heechul raised a brow. Nobody had ever acted like this towards him.

"Don't be so bold. If you act like that, I'll fire you."  Heechul warned, the younger smirked.

"Go ahead, I have no issues in leaving. Not you, not anybody." Kyuhyun replied in a smug tone of voice, Heechul raised a brow at the other. Was there really a person on Earth who had no problems with leaving people?

"And why's that?" Heechul asked, receiving a reaction he didn't expect to receive. Once those words were said, Kyuhyun froze up. Heechul could visibly see the younger shaking just slightly, bright and pretty eyes frosting over to become a cold and dull colour. Heechul gave a curious look, Kyuhyun bit his lip before speaking.

"...I'm used to people leaving. I'm used to getting left. Simple as that." Kyuhyun spoke, his voice slightly hoarse and shivering. His looked down, avoiding all eye-contact, trying to hide the expression in his eyes. But of course, he failed, Heechul could see clearly. The emotion of pain, fear and betrayal. Heechul's eyes widened.

"..." Heechul stayed silent, not speaking, simply observing.

"I don't understand why I would have problems with leaving since it's happened so many times." Kyuhyun finished off. Heechul wasn't sure how to react, so he said the first thing that came to his head. Kyuhyun looked away, simply standing near the door.

Usually, Heechul would have said something witty or hurtful to such a comment. But for this boy, for Kyuhyun, he simply decided not to. There was something that stopped Heechul from saying anything, something  telling him not to hurt Kyuhyun. This was weird. Heechul bit his lip, this hadn't happened before.

Heechul cared for his butler.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So... Can someone give me some information about Bulters? I'm kind of clueless. By the way, what should Kyuhyun call Heechul in this fiction? Any ideas? And how did you guys like it?~ ^^