Difference

The Star in My Darkness

Kris POV

Sara sent me home. She told me not to stress or make myself sad. She made me promise I’d eat and sleep properly and that she’d see me at school tomorrow.

I opened the door to my apartment, it wasn’t locked so I was kind of scared that he would be waiting for me.

But he wasn't, thankfully. I did see my Chinese food that I ordered on the table waiting for me.

Well I wasn't eating that anymore. Why? Cuz he paid for it.

Besides, I didn't want Chinese food anymore. So I just ordered a pizza and fell asleep on the couch.


♥♥

 

I woke up groggily at around 7:30 to get ready for school.

Ugh, Mondays.

As I was changing my clothes I remembered what happened last night. I froze.

I had told her my whole story and just let everything in my heart out.

I even cried.

I ran my hand through my hair. Aissshh, I'm so weak! How am I supposed to face her now?! She might treat me differently! Or the close to friends, friendship we've established might go down the drain!
Not that I care though.......

Who are you trying to kid Kris?

Shut up, conscience

I put my jacket on and left my room. I grabbed my bag from the living room and headed to the door. I stopped and looked in the kitchen. The stupid promise I made Sara flashed in my mind.

"You have to eat a big dinner when you get home and a proper breakfast in the morning. Promise?" She raised her pinky finger.

"Maybe." I replied, ignoring her pinky.

She narrowed her eyes at me and said in a stern voice. "Promise?"

"Fine, whatever." I laced my finger through hers.


I sighed and grabbed a muffin. That's as proper as I will go.

I chewed on it as I walked to the bus stop and finished it by the time the bus arrived. I wiped my mouth as I got on the bus.

Sara waved me over and I tried to walk to my seat as coolly as possible in a poor attempt to cover up the embarrassment I felt.

"Good morning!" She greeted me normally.

I nodded and sat down.

"Did you eat and sleep properly?" She asked.

"Are you my mom?" I snorted but regretted saying that when I wished I had a mom to worry about me.

"Just answer the question." She mimicked me.

I glared at her, "Yeah, I ate and slept. Happy?"

She nodded happily, "Yup."

I rolled my eyes but felt good.

We arrived at school and she wouldn't stop talking.

Things were normal, for sure.

♥♥

 


We were at our lockers at the end of the day, getting ready to go home.

"Ah!" Sara yelped as she dropped all her books, a textbook landed right on her foot.

I stopped putting my stuff in my bag, "Aigooo, you're so clumsy."

She gave me a look and picked her books up. I bent down and helped her without hesitation.

"Is your foot okay?" I asked, handing her textbook to her.

She nodded as she took her textbook, "Thanks."

I waited as she slipped her jacket on closed her locker, "Let's go!" She pumped her fist in the air and started walking. I stayed put and pulled her back with her backpack.

"What?" She blinked.

I didn't say anything and grabbed the ped zipper of her jacket. I zipped her jacket all the way up to the top and let go, "You're going to catch a cold. Then you'll fall down a flight of stairs cuz you were too busy sneezing to see where you were going and then you will bug me for help cuz you missed so much school."

Sara laughed, "Sure, Kris, sure. Let's gooooo!!" She said and did another fist pump. Then she ran to the end of the hall.

Then she slipped and had to hold on to a random lock on a locker to prevent her from crashing to the ground. She looked back at me, she was on her knees and still holding the lock, "I'm okay!"

I rolled my eyes but then she stood up and continued to run. I smiled at her retreating figure. It really was admirable the way she always looked up and things and it was really cute how she would always stand up when she fell.

"Wait for me!" I called after her. "I am not helping you with school work if you fall down a flight of stairs!"

Smiling, I ran after her.

♥♥

I bowed at the owner of the bookstore before starting my shift. I really need to change my schedule, I hate working on Mondays.

I re-organized the books and put price tags on them. Boring, but easy job. I did that for about 3 and a half hours before my shift ended. I looked around for Mr. Park, the owner but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I asked another employee and she told me he was in his office. I headed there, “Uh, Mr. Park?” I knocked on the close door once.

I heard him talking on the phone, so I decided not to barge in.

“Oh my, that is really serious. And they can’t do anything?” he asked the person on the other end of the phone.

“How long?” pause. He kissed his lips in a sad manner, “My my, that is very sad. I hope the best for you and your family. I really do.”

He paused again, “I’ll see you tomorrow then. Goodbye.” He hung up and then called, “Yes? Come in.”

I opened the door and bowed at him.

“Ah, yes Kris.” He nodded. “Sorry about that. One of my good friend’s daughter has a heart problem and it seems as though she is going to die soon. It’s quite sad and the family is doing anything to find a way to cure her. Such a bright, nice young girl whose life has to end so quickly. She’s only in grade 12, it’s heartbreaking to hear about a situation like that. ” He said sadly.

It was. Dying is one thing. But knowing you’re going to die? And at any moment? Especially at that age? Man, she must be a brave girl.

“What did you need?” he asked.

“Oh, I’d like to change from working on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, to Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.” I told him.

He nodded and wrote some stuff down a paper, “Just come at your normal time on Thursday then.”

I nodded and bowed before leaving his office.

♥♥

Narrator POV

She lay in the hospital bed, thinking of the smile that she hoped she had put on his face.

“Honey, you have to rest. Why do you keep going out and about?” her mother said worriedly. “Your heart won’t be able to keep up.”

She shook her head, *I have to. There’s only one thing I have to do, and I need to do it.* she thought. *For him.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello~!

Hehe, I updated faster (:

That's cuz I've finished all my unit one tests for my classes, and I feel so FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

One of my tests was a photocopy of the worksheets in our workbook...... it was easy, but he is one lazy teacher.

Whatever, I better get the marks :D

I don't think I can update tomorrow, I'm busy and on Friday I have a math quest (quiz+test, isn't that cool? :D) so I have to study for that on Thursday. SOOOOO, I'll update Friday or Saturday.

Why am I talking about school all of a sudden? Hmmmm, oh well, whatever~

Kay, that's it BYEBYEEEEE

Comment~!

PS I don't spend all my time studying.... just in case you think I'm some sort of nerd, LOL no.

I'm the opposite, but I still try ^_^