No.

The Star in My Darkness

Big Bang, Blue- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA0oTcalJQA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't sleep so well Friday night, so Saturday morning I wasn't in a very good mood. Why did I not sleep well? I don't know.

I took a long shower to try and freshen up my mood. 

It didn't work.

I didn't feel like eating so I decided to just get ready for a 6 hour shift at the bookstore. As I put my white shirt on, I noticed something different.

I finished dressing myself and ran to my room to get my phone. 

There was no 'Good morning~!' text from Sara. I looked at the time, it was almost 11, her text usually came before 10. 

Did she forget or something? Hmmm.
Whatever, I'm not in the mood to reply to her happy texts anyway.

I put my thin jacket on before I left my apartment. I didn't feel like being warm. 

The cool air hit me when I walked out the front doors of the building. It felt good, very good. The cool air swirled around me, tickling my ears, hands, and face. My whole body was cold now. Since when did I become so obsessed with cold? 

 

Oh yeah, when people left me and covered my heart with ice. 

I arrived at the bookstore and immediately started my shift. 

I checked my phone every five minutes, checking for my 'good morning' text from Sara. 

I was getting frustrated, why wasn't she texting me?! Had something happened? Did she forget? 

On my break, I decided to text her.

[Sent 2:43] Yah, what happened to you? You haven't bothered me all day.

I waited for her reply for 10 minutes. But it never came. 

3:30, 4:30, 5:00, and she didn't reply.

[Sent 5:07] What happened to you? Where have you been all day? Is everything okay?

I quickly finished my shift at 5:30, she still hadn't replied. 

Something is wrong, I can feel it.

"Goodbye Kris! You've worked hard!" Mr. Park said as I left, I bowed as I quickly slipped my jacket on. I stepped out into the cold air as the sky grew darker by the second. I called her as I started walking to the bus stop.

1 ring, 2 rings, 3 rings, 4, 5,6,7

Hello, the number you have dialed is not in service. Please dial again.

Oh, I'll dial again.

I called her 5 times, she still wouldn't pick up.

Hello, the number you have dialed is not in service. Please dial again.

Okay, something is wrong. Very very wrong. 

I left the bus stop and decided to go find her.
First, I went to the park near her house.

"Sara!" I called. "Sara!"

No answer.

I looked at the houses in front of me.
Only one thing to do: go to all of them. 

I went to each door from the street Sara came running from the day she told me about her dad. I asked where she lived to everyone who opened the door. 

The first couple of houses said they didn't know who I was talking about. Most were rude and didn't really care. Then I hit house number 18.

"Oh, the student? She has long hair and is very friendly?" The lady at the door asked me.

I nodded fervently.

"She's the only person on this street that's under 18, goes to school, and isn't in a gang." She shook her head at the hooligans in this area. "Such a nice girl. Anyways, she lives in the house right there." She pointed to the house two houses down from hers. 

I breathed in relief, "Thank you!" I bowed 90 degrees and ran down the street. 

I knocked on the door to her house, "Sara?" 
No answer. "Sara? Are you there?" 

I jiggled the doorknob and it was open. I hesitated, should I go in? 

I went inside a couple of steps, "Sara?" I called softly. No answer. 

"Sara?" I called a bit louder, the floor creaking.

No reply. She wasn't here, but I saw the figure of a man passed out on the floor though. My eyes widened, what if he hurt her?!

But there were no glass shards anywhere and my gut told me her dad hadn't done anything this time. This was something else.

I ran out of the house and looked around. The air I was breathing coming out heavily looking like big clouds of smoke.

Where would she go? She's not in the park near her house, or in her house. 

I ran out of her neighbourhood and went to the park near my house. Maybe she was here.

"Sara! Yah, Sara Kim!" I yelled, panting. I hadn't stopped running.

Still no answer. Where is this girl?!

My heart beat fast as I ran to the café she took me to the other day. She said her and her sister liked to go there, maybe they were there right now.

I didn't use the bus to get there. Why? Because waiting on a bus would make me anxious and I didn't want to stand and wait to look for her. I had to run and find her. 

I found the café and ran to the front doors.

It was closed. Damn.

I pulled on the doors anyways. Maybe I was hoping that she would just randomly appear and open the doors for me.

It started raining now. Tiny droplets of water falling on me as I pathetically stood in front of the cafe. 

Where is she? 

Whatever, maybe she just had some business to attend to. I turned to go to the bus stop but my feet wouldn't take me there. My mind, body, and heart were thinking differently.

I had to find her, today. Right now. 
And even if I did go home, I wouldn't be able to do anything because I’d be worrying about her.

I really have gotten way too soft…..

I thought for a while, where could she be?
Then I remembered: the garden.

I ran as fast as I could. There was no way it could be closed, it’s a garden! She has to be there. Has to.

I ran as fast as my legs would take me in the pouring rain. Being tall was one thing I was thankful for right now. 

I arrived at the garden in five minutes, still breathing hard.

"Sara!" I yelled, breathless. "Sara! Where are you?" The rain soaked me inside and out, but I didn't care. Something wasn't right.

I ran further into the garden, "Saraa!!!" I screamed. "Come out!" I ran my hand through my wet hair in frustration. 

She wasn't here, I looked everywhere. But she wasn't here. 

I dismally walked out of the garden soaking wet and with nothing accomplished.

Seriously, next time I see her, she will pay.

I walked to the bus stop, the bus stop near the hospital Sara sometimes got off at. 

Then it hit me, the hospital.

Maybe something happened to her. Maybe the reason she comes in this area so often is because she has to go to the hospital and not because her mom lives near here.

Hoping I was wrong, I went in the hospital. It was quieter than usual because it was getting late.

I went to the front desk, "Um." 

"Yes? Are you here for someone?" The lady asked me. She looked at me a little weirdly since I was soaking wet.

"Uh, yeah." I cleared my throat. "Sara Kim? Is she here?"

She typed something into her computer, "Sara is a common name. Can you be a little more specific?"

"Uh, she's a senior in high school and 17 years old. She's like 5'4 and kinda skinny." Was the lame description of Sara I gave her.

"Oh." The lady nodded and looked at me with sad eyes, "I'm so sorry. She's in room 427." 

So she's here....... Oh my gosh, what 
happened?!
And sorry? Why was this lady sorry?

Dropping water on the floor, I jogged to the elevator.

"Come onnn. Hurry uppp." I muttered to the elevator. I was getting more anxious by the second, what if something bad happened?

Finally the elevator arrived and I stepped in. No one was with me, which was good because I didn't want to stop at other people's floors right now. I pressed the button '4' and the elevator jolted up.

I tapped my foot and after what seemed like an eternity, the doors opened again. I stepped out the elevator and looked at the sign that said which rooms were located where. Rooms 401-420 to the left, rooms 421-440 to the right. 

I took a deep breath and walked down the right hallway fast, the blood pounding in my ears being the only sound I could hear.

My stomach churned and my insides squirmed. I was scared, for the first time in my life, I was scared.

I stopped in front of room 427 and pushed the door open without hesitation.

Hospitals, no one likes them.

White, that was all I could see. 

There was only a bed, a side table, cabinets, and some chairs in the room. And all of them were white

But what got to me was what looked like a body on the bed covered in a white blanket. Did the lady direct me to the right room? Sara wasn’t here……

"Are you the oppa eonni was talking about?" A small voice asked.

I jumped, I hadn't noticed a little girl sitting on one of the chairs near the bed. 

"W-What?" I stuttered, looking at her. She looked just like Sara.

“Sara unnie said an oppa would come visit her here. Are you that oppa?” she asked, blinking.

“Uhhh, yeah I guess.” I scratched the back of my head. “W-Where is she?”

She pointed to the bed, “She’s sleeping.”

I blinked, “Sleeping?”

She nodded, “Unnie suddenly came to the hospital last night. She said she wasn’t feeling so good so she was going to sleep for a long time. She’s been sleeping since this morning.”

My eyes widened, what?

Suddenly, her eyes filled with tears, “She said an oppa would come here soon. But I didn’t know you would come so soon, .... or that you would be so wet. She said to give you this.” she picked an envelope off the bed and handed it to me.

The letter felt cold in my hands, very very cold.

“Oppa,” she said, her eyes were filled with sadness. “I miss unnie. She said she needed to rest for a long time. But she’s been sleeping for so long, when will she wake up?”

My mouth dropped open in disbelief. My heart ripped. Once, twice, three times.

I was in darkness, drowning in my own despair.

No.

No no no no, that was all I could hear in my mind as I processed what had happened.

She was dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello (:

It was going to happen guys, we all saw it coming~

Anywhoooo, the big question now is: Will Kris become more locked up than ever? Or did Sara actually make a difference in his life (meaning he'll change)? 

Oh that's two questions, haha.

Well, I hope you don't hate me so much (ahem paradise readers, ahem LOL jke jke) 

I love Sara's sister, the way I'm imagining her is just so cute asdfghjkl;

BYEBYEEE~!

PS I might not be able to update for a couple of days, maybe.