Changed?

The Star in My Darkness

Days flew by, I was drowned in homework, work, and Sara’s constant blabbering.

It had been a couple of weeks since I came here and my routine was the same:

School, homework, work, Sara.

Why is she part of my routine? I only see her at school, and sometime she comes with me to work because she likes reading. It's quite annoying actually and I always tell her to leave me alone, but she never listens.

“Hi Kris!” she said happily, as I got on the bus.

I didn’t answer, something I always did.

“How did you sleep last night?”

“Fine.”

“That’s good!” she chirped. “Yesterday, I took my little sister to an ice cream shop and-” she dived into her daily story.

That was how our conversations went. She would ask questions, I would answer one word answers, or not answer at all and she would continue talking. I never initiated a conversation.

We got off the bus and she tripped and was about to fall flat on her face.

Had I not caught her.

“Watch it.” I hissed as I balanced her as I got off the bus.

She smiled sheepishly, “Thanks, heh.”

“Whatever.” I mumbled, I prevented her from falling and dislocating her nose. Why? I have no idea.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

I had a dream that night. A dream that opened my eyes.

Me and Sara became closer friends, we became best friends. I don’t know how, but we did.

Then she left me, the only friend I had turned her back on me.

It hurt a lot, the fact that she left.

I knew I shouldn’t become close with anyone. After that incident, I should have learned. You can’t trust anyone in this world to be with you. They always hurt you. The world is cruel and unfair.

“Sara!”

“What?” she stared at me coldly.

“Where are you going?”

“Away.” She answered. “From you.”

I broke completely. That was the second time someone had walked out of my life after walking in and taking over.

You can’t trust anyone in this world. That’s why you don’t get close to anyone. The whole world is malicious and cruel.

I woke up with sweat all over my face. What the hell am I doing by allowing this girl to come close to me? People are selfish and cruel, what makes her any different? I can’t be around her anymore. I can’t be around anyone.

For her benefit, and mine.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

The following day, was not a good one. I hadn’t gotten any sleep. Nightmares with people turning their back on me and leaving me in darkness enveloped me. Sara becoming my good friend, who took me out of darkness, stabbed me in the back and became the one who took me further into it. Her, the evil witch who walked out of my life, had entered my mind as well. Too many people have walked out of my life unexpectedly, I don’t want it to happen again.

I grudgingly got ready for school, I really don’t want to go. I don’t want to go anywhere, I wanna sleep.

But I didn’t want to visit dreamland; dreams take me to places I don’t want to go.

I got on the bus for school and saw Sara sitting in her usual seat. After that dream, I am in no mood to see her.

I sat down in the middle of the bus since she was at the back, the seats where we sat the two days before.

“Kris!” she called as she approached me.

“Leave me alone.” I said.

She sat down beside me.

“How did you sleep?”

A twig in me snapped, “What about ‘leave me alone’ does not get through your thick skull? I told you to leave me alone. I don’t like repeating myself. So leave.”

She gave me a surprised look, “Why are you so grouchy today?”

“I’m always grouchy, and why do you care anyways? What am I to you? You barely know me so stop acting like we’re friends. You don’t care about me and vice versa, so leave.” I snapped.

She nudged me, “Aw come one. Don’t be so grumpy~”

I almost threw her off the seat, “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I TOLD YOU A MILLION TIMES TO LEAVE ME ALONE. GODDAMMIT, JUST LEAVE! YOU’RE PISSING ME OFF!”

She didn’t say anything. I’m sure half of the bus was staring at us now, but I don’t care. She’s the most annoying person on the planet.

We arrived at school and got off the bus, I walked faster to my locker. Then I realized I’d see her at my locker anyways, her locker is right next to mine. How convenient.

She quietly got her things; I guess she finally got the hint. Good.

But I couldn’t help but feel that maybe I was a bit too hard on her?

No no, this is the way to go Kris. You can’t just start feeling guilty for one person; you can’t trust anyone in this world. Anyone.

She headed to her class without saying anything to me. Relieved, I closed my locker. Does this mean she won’t bother me anymore?

I went to my class, and then the next one. At lunch, I was really glad I wouldn’t be around people. Just me, myself, and I. I went to the tree Sara and I sat at for the past week. I threw my bag on the grass and lay down, closing my eyes. A couple of minutes later, a shadow loomed over me. My eyebrow twitched, who is bothering me? I opened my eyes, it better not be Sara or I will personally reconstruct-

But it wasn’t. It was that girl, the one who thinks she rules the world.

She smiled, “Hi.”

I gave her a disgusted look and didn’t answer. She sat down beside me and I sat up.

“Leave.” I said, that was all I was going to say. If she stayed, then hell would break loose.

She smiled brightly, “But aren’t you lonely? I can keep you company!”

I stared at her coldly, “I don’t want your company. And I believe that I told you to leave.

“I already told you who I am around here. You should have the decency to respect me.”

“And you should have the decency to listen to what others tell you.” I spat. “I told you to leave.”

“I don’t want to. I don’t have to, you don’t own this place. I can stay here if I want.” She said with attitude.

“Fine.” I stood up. “I’ll leave.” I walked away.

I heard her running after me, I rolled my eyes and clenched my fists.

“Where are you going?” she asked.

I ignored her and walked faster.

“Wait up!” she said. She grabbed my arm. I froze. What. The. Hell. Why is she touching me?

“We got off at the wrong start. I’m sorry. My name is Jessica,” she held her hand out, her hand was still clutching my arm. I jerked her away; I am not in the mood to deal with this. I continued walking.

She grabbed my arm again, and this time I forcefully pushed her away. She staggered backwards.

“Don’t touch me. Ever.” I glared at her.

She narrowed her eyes at me, “Why are you so rude? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Why don’t you want to be friends with me?”

“Because,” I said simply. “I don’t.”

“You’re really rude, you know that.” She crossed her arms. “The world gives you amazing things –like me, for instance- and this is how you’re treating the people around you?”

“You don’t know half the story.” I looked her in the eyes. “So don’t act like you do. You’ve known me for 5 minutes and already you’re judging? Even if I did know you,” I continued. “I would never, in a million years, become friends with a self-centered, conceited, annoying prick.”

“You’ve known me for 5 minutes and you’re judging me.” She crossed her arms.

“I’m not judging you. I’m stating an obvious fact that you have managed to prove in the last couple of minutes.” I walked away.

“Then why do you let that invisible ghost come near you?” she called. “Sara, why her? She’s annoying and irritable. But I saw you two on the bus together, and I’ve seen you talking to her near your locker.”

I stopped, she had a point. I isolated every human on this planet from my life, why hadn’t I gotten rid of her the moment I saw her?

I shook my head, it doesn’t matter. She was in my life for a couple of days, and now she was being kicked out.

I began walking again as Jessica continued to shout things behind me.

 

Humans, they’re so annoying.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

I got on the bus at the end of the day. Jessica had lost all hopes of trying to be friends with me. Good riddance.

I hadn’t seen Sara all day. Weird, but good. I didn’t want to see her.

Then she sat beside me on the bus with a big smile on her face. Oh God.

“Hi Kris!” she said. “I haven’t seen you all day, I had things to do. Anyhow,” she continued, putting a strand of hair behind her ear. “I hope you’re in a better mood now!”

“No, I’m not. So leave me alone for good if you know what’s good for you. I had an almost-peaceful day and I don’t want you to ruin that.” I said threateningly, my temper rising again.

“You won’t hurt me.” She said peacefully. Too peacefully, it bothered me how she pretended that everything in this world was amazing and great, and how she was such a happy-go-lucky person. I hated how she thought that snce shas a good person, others would be good to her. Well, she was wrong. The world isn’t peaceful, it isn’t happy, and it isn’t amazing. It's unfair and cruel.

Fire suddenly erupted in me, who did she think she was? How does she know who I am? What I’d do? She can’t just predict stuff about me.

I was going to smack her right then and there, I even moved my hand.

But she was right, I didn’t hit her. I couldn’t.

Her face was still very calm and she smiled, “Told you. You may act a little cold, but I know you have a warm heart.”

I scoffed and put my hand down, “Sure.” My heart is covered in layers and layers of ice, and under that is a heart in surrounded by darkness.

I wanted to tell her to leave again, but I didn’t.

You’re going to regret letting her come closer to you, Kris Wu.

But funnily enough, I didn't care anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment~! :D