CHAPTER TEN

Funny How It Happens

                As we were leaving the dorm, I ran to get my bag and on the way, grabbed a snapback for YongGuk. It had practically killed him—just liked I’d said—when I’d told him that Hana had forbid them, so I’d decided that Hana would just have to it up.

                The guy needed a snapback to survive on dates like these. I knew that from experience.

                “Hey.” I said quietly, grabbing his arm and pulling him back before he could step out of the dorm behind Himchan and Hana. I placed the hat on his head and smiled.

                “What—“

                “Shh.” I pressed a finger to my lips and smiled. He just rolled his eyes and shook his head in amusement. I glanced back to make sure HanMi was okay before I stepped out. She was fine, just watching TV with Daehyun, so I quickly closed the door before she had time to realize I was leaving.

                We walked down the street to where Hana had parked her car.

                “I’ll drive.” Himchan said, stretching his hand out to Hana. She stopped walking and stared at him for a second. Then smiled and tossed the keys to him.

                “Don’t destroy my baby.” She said in a serious tone as she opened the passenger side door. Himchan just rolled his eyes at her.

                We all climbed in, bombarding her with questions as soon as we got in, but Hana just turned the radio to full volume and ignored us as she directed Himchan through the streets of Seoul and to Hongdae.

                “We’re dressing this nice to go to Hongdae?” I asked in disbelief. “I could have worn shorts!”

                “I didn’t tell you to wear a dress. I just said to look nice.” Hana turned to flash me a quick smile. “And you look amazing, so it up. You’re going to have tons of guys asking for your number while we’re here.”

                “I thought we were on a date.” Himchan said with a chuckle. He glanced at YongGuk through the rearview mirror and they shared a look.

                Hana puffed her cheeks out slightly as she thought for a second. “Oh, right. Date.” We all rolled our eyes at her.

                Once Himchan had found a place to park, Hana led us to a certain club. It was newer than the others, probably a year or so old. She walked straight to the front door, passing by the line that s down the street.

                “You don’t have to wait?” I asked her over the loud booms of the music, as we hurried to catch up with her. She shook her head.

                “We have idols with us.” She gestured to YongGuk and Himchan who both stopped walking.

                “Hana.” They said together. She sighed and grabbed Himchan’s hand.

                “Just follow me.” She said in a low voice, and then proceeded to drag him with her. YongGuk and I followed behind them. Hana stopped in front of the bouncer and smiled up at him. “Hi!” she said brightly. She reached in her bag and pulled out her I.D. “We’ve all got I.D.” she gestured to the four of us.

                The bouncer scanned each of our faces then crossed his arms. “The line is back there.” He said, nodding his head towards said line.

                Hana nodded. “We know, it’s just that, we’ve got something huge to celebrate and we were hoping you’d let us in a little bit earlier.”

                “What?”

                Hana gestured towards the guys. “They’re debut.”

                Except, they debuted weeks ago.

                Hana gave the bouncer a flirty smile. “They finally get the night off and we really want to celebrate, you know?”

                The bouncer’s expression didn’t change. He just continued to study each of our faces. It was kind of uncomfortable. But Hana didn’t waver under his gaze. Finally, he sighed, nodded, and stepped to the side, allowing us access into the club.

                Just like that.

                “It must be nice to be pretty.” Himchan said playfully, throwing an arm around Hana’s shoulders as we entered the club.

                Hana gave him a smug look. “Only if you know how to use it.”

                I laughed and linked arms with her. “I can’t believe this. Your idea of a date is to go a club?”

                “A new club!”

                “You are something else.”

                We found a table to sit at, and were lucky enough to flag down a waiter. We ordered sodas for everyone except Hana—who actually got alcohol—and some appetizers.

                “Don’t tell me you guys are too tired to dance, because I’m not buying that excuse.” Hana said, shooting both guys a warning look. They sighed and focused on their glasses.

                “Hana, they’re exhausted.” I said, defensively. “Today’s been really busy.”

                “Then this is perfect.” She frowned. “I wish the other members were old enough for these kinds of things, I’d bring them too.”

                I pointed my glass at her. “You are a terrible influence.”

                She smiled. “I don’t know why you’re surprised.”

                We munched on the appetizers for a while once they had been brought to the table and watched as people crowded the dance floor. It really did look pretty tempting. I glanced over at Hana, who must have understood the look in my eye, because she turned to Himchan almost instantly.

                “We’re dancing. All of us. Right now.” She said, suddenly determined.

                “What is with you and dancing?” Himchan asked with a smile, but he didn’t move. Hana opened to respond but she stopped when she caught sight of someone walking towards our table.

                It was some guy.

                I busied myself with the straw in my now empty glass thinking that he was coming to talk to Hana, but when the table fell silent I glanced up to see that he was looking directly at me.

                “Hi.” He said, flashing a smile. “Do you want to dance?”

                I opened my mouth to answer then paused and looked at YongGuk. He shrugged.

                “He asked you, So.” He said, looking like he wanted to say something else. Probably something sarcastic. He was good at saying something sarcastic when guys tried to flirt with me. I looked back up at the guy.

                “I was actually about to go dance with my boyfriend.” I said, and then gave him an apologetic smile. “Sorry.” The guy’s smile faltered, but he nodded and quickly turned to leave before his ego could get another blow. I turned to play with my straw, but I could feel the stares of Hana, Himchan, and YongGuk on me. I looked up. “What?”

                “Since when did you have a boyfriend?” Hana asked with a smirk.

                I scoffed. “I just didn’t want to go dance with that guy, okay? I made it up.”

                “You sure? It has nothing to do with you and YongGuk sleeping together last night?” Himchan asked tauntingly.

                Hana’s eyes grew wide. “You did what?” she demanded.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

i should go to sleep soon....... it's almost 1 am now......but i feel so sick that i can't sleep :/

well i hope this chapter was entertaining

hmmm......what's going on with SoKyung and YongGuk? *wiggles eyebrows* i mean, there's obviously SOMETHING going on, but what is it? are they going to end up together or is there going to be a plot twist?

i like plot twist...

just so you guys know...

like... i REALLY like plot twist >:D

well, thanks for reading ^^