CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Funny How It Happens

                They left us alone to think about it.

                The maknae line were playing matchmakers.

                I sighed and sank down into the couch, crossing my arms. “Well, that went well.” YongGuk laughed and started playing with the strings on his hoodie.

                “That’s one way to put it.” He muttered, occupied.

                I glanced at him. He had a thoughtful look on his face. “What are you thinking?”

                He shook his head. “I can’t say it now. They’re listening.” He leaned forward and looked towards the hallway. I followed his gaze. Sure enough, both Jongup and Junhong peeked around the corner, but then ducked back when they saw us already looking at them. YongGuk shook his head and looked back at me. “You want to go somewhere?”

                I nodded and walked over to the door with him. “We’re leaving!” I called out as I pulled on my shoes. “Make sure HanMi eats dinner!” I heard a few mutters of agreement which I took as a ‘yes noona’ so I followed YongGuk out the door and down to the café that we’d gone to before.

                “I thought living with you guys would be normal.” I said with a smile, cupping the mug in my hands.

                “Normal doesn’t exist with those guys.” YongGuk replied with a chuckle. We stayed silent for a while, just drinking for a while. “About what they were talking about…”

                I looked up at him, but he didn’t meet my eyes.

                “I know you said marriage was important to you—“

                “You remember that?” I smiled at him and leaned forward. “Didn’t we talk about that, like, once?”

                He shrugged. “I think that was the most serious conversation we have ever had, so it stuck with me.” I raised an eyebrow at him.

                “You sure that’s the only reason it stuck with you?” I teased.

                He rolled his eyes. “You know that’s not the only reason. Why would you even ask that?” he smiled at me. “But I know you don’t want someone just to come up and propose to you or anything.” He shrugged again.

                I nodded. “I want to be able to talk about it and agree. I don’t like surprises.” I crinkled my nose. “What if some guy proposes to me and I don’t want to marry him? How embarrassing would that be?”

                “Kind of like what we’re doing now?” YongGuk asked, reaching over and taking my drink. I nodded, taking a sip of his drink.

                I stared at him for a while. “What are you getting at, Bang YongGuk?”

                He smiled and shrugged playfully. “I was thinking about it for a while now, it’s just that the guys beat me to it.”

                I nodded, leaning back in the seat. “You want to marry me?”

                He paused; staring at me, then leaned back and crossed his arms. “Depends only on if you want to marry me.”

                I kept a straight face as I studied him for a while. Then I nodded rather nonchalantly and went back to drinking his drink. “Yeah, okay.”

                He reached over and took it back. “You could be a little bit more excited.”

                I looked up at him and smirked. “Oh my god, YongGuk I’m about to pee myself with excitement.” I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm. He just rolled his eyes and ruffled up my hair before standing up.

                “Whatever.”

                I laughed and stood up too. “No, I’m serious. I’m really excited! I mean, I’m not about to scream and jump around in public, but I’m excited.” He nodded and opened the door for me.

                “Is that deciding too fast though?” he asked suddenly while we walked back towards the dorm, pulling his hood over his head.

                I shoved my hands in my pockets and shook my head, turning to look at him. “We dated for two years, took a year off, and now we’re kind of back together.”

                “And we have a daughter.” YongGuk nodded. “I guess that’s enough reasons to get married.”

                “Shotgun wedding.” I said, with a shrug. “Yay.”

                YongGuk laughed. “A very belated shotgun wedding.”

                “But it’s happening nonetheless.” I sing-songed as we entered the dorm, kicking my shoes off.

                “What’s happening?” Himchan demanded, looking up from the TV.

                “I don’t know, you tell me.” I said quickly, glancing at YongGuk. He only smiled in return. We had agreed on the way that we wouldn’t tell the guys right away, just because we wouldn’t want them to think that they had anything to do with our decisions.

                “What’s happening?” Youngjae asked, looking at YongGuk, who just shrugged and walked towards the kitchen.

                “What’s happening?” Daehyun demanded in a louder voice as they all followed him into the kitchen.

                “Go ask SoKyung.” He replied in an uninterested voice. I sighed and walked over to where they had left HanMi on the floor.

                “Hi, baby girl.” I murmured, cradling her close.

                “Noona!” Junhong yelled, as they all came storming back into the living room. “What’s happening?”

                I looked at all of them before turning back to HanMi. “Did you feed her?”

                “Yes.” Daehyun answered, sounding exasperated.

                “What did she eat?”

                “Food.” Youngjae replied, crossing his arms. “What’s happening?”

                I looked back up at them. “Nothing really. We’re going back out for coffee tomorrow.” I glanced behind them and saw YongGuk trying to hide a smile from where he was standing. They stood there, staring at me in disbelief for a while before turning to look at YongGuk.

                Himchan crossed his arms. “You couldn’t have just told us that?”

                YongGuk shrugged. “You don’t need to know everything I do.” He smirked and went back into the kitchen.

                They tried for a good ten minutes to try a pry out the conversation that YongGuk and I had had out of me from the café, but when I’d refused to tell them, they gave up and just went back to whatever they were doing beforehand.

                I walked into the kitchen, balancing HanMi on my hip and stood beside YongGuk at the counter.

                “Need any help?” I asked, peeking at the pot on the oven. “Oh, you’re making ramen, so no you don’t.”

                “What if I did?” he asked, looking at me.

                “You don’t.” I assured him. He just sighed and went back to stirring it.

                I glanced at HanMi and smiled. “I was thinking—“

                “Uh-oh.”

                I looked at him and scoffed. “We should go to Incheon for this.” I glanced behind us to make sure no one—meaning the nosy dongsaengs—were listening in on our conversation. “To be closer to your family, you know?” YongGuk nodded thoughtfully.

                “Are we making this a big deal, though?” he looked up at me. I crinkled up my nose and he chuckled. “So more like we go, do whatever, meet up with my family, and be done with it?”

                I smiled at him. “You know me so well.” I reached up and ruffled his hair. “Let’s go after promotions, when you guys have that little break, yeah?”

                “Yeah.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

hmm...

i don't think this is very good.

like...the entire story.

i kind of want to just delete the entire thing. not even start over. just forget about it.

i don't even know if anyone likes it. like, seriously. i don't have to write it out. i know what happpens, i know how it ends. i know what's going to happen to every character in this story since i'm the one writing it, and i'm posting it so i can share it with people, but i feel like it's such a waste if i don't even know if people are reading it.

it's a waste of time. seriously.

i'm kind of done. sick and tired with it.

should i even try anymore?

whatever.

i hope you enjoy it (if anyone is reading this)

thanks~