SEVENTH KISS: Forever Love

Thirty Kisses: You and Changmin (OPEN FOR SCENARIO REQUESTS!!!)

A.N. I would like to thank, boogalafire for making this request. I sort of had a hard time sorting out my thoughts together. Well, I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind. I find this one shot kinda angsty... But anyway... I hope you like it!

 


~Seventh Kiss: Forever Love

~Requested by: boogalafire


 

'You are my only love forever...' –Forever Love by DBSK

 


 

"I will love you forever and a day, and if forever takes a lifetime, then I promise to be there at the end to greet you with open arms. Then we will finally have all the dreams we have ever dreamt about, become a reality"-Anonymous, from an unknown poem

 


 

She was at it again. There was not a day that she never talked about her crush. Every time she does, her eyes would light up like stars. He finds it mesmerizing, fascinating at the same time painful to see her that way. His eyes looked only at her but her eyes saw someone else. She saw someone whom he knew was much better of a man than he is. He hated it, but he tried his best to lend her his ears.

 

He rolled his eyes as she complimented her crush. He thought to himself, ‘Why does it always have to be about Yunho? Yunho this, Yunho that. Damn she’s driving me nuts!’

 

Changmin knew deep down within him that Yunho is a great guy. He hated to admit it but he knew very well that Yunho is a decent man and worth to be called kingka in their school. He gets good grades, not as good as Changmin’s but good enough to almost make it at the top of his class. He is a talented young man, but he never bragged. He is a good man. He is good enough for Ri Ah and it hurt Changmin so badly.

 

“Changmin, are you listening to me?” Ri-ah asked as soon as she noticed that her best guy pal was spacing out.

 

“Uh…  Yeah… You were saying?” Changmin responded as soon as he snapped out from his reverie.

 

“So… As I was saying, I made it to the dance troupe and I got to talk to him! He even asked me out! He’s finally noticed me, Changmin! I’m so happy!” She squealed and Changmin’s heart broke. He lost his chance. He lost Ri ah to Yunho.

 

“So, when and where is this date?” He asked, trying to sound curious.

 

“It’s on Friday after classes. We’re gonna eat some ice cream at the famous ice cream shop near our school.” She answered excitedly and Changmin bursted into laughter.

 

“What?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“He’s not taking you to anywhere special?” Changmin questioned mockingly.

 

“Pshh… As long as it’s a day with him, no matter where we are it’s gonna be special!” She retorted before she blew him a raspberry. Changmin tried to smile, but deep down inside his heart was breaking.

 


 

Ri ah’s awaited day finally came. The hours passed and soon class was over. She bid Changmin goodbye and went to the ice cream shop with Yunho.

“So, what will you have?” Yunho asked as he showed her the menu card.

 

“I’ll have chocolate chip ice cream.” She answered shyly as she refused to meet his gaze.

 

“I guess I’ll have that one too, since it’s my favorite flavor.” He said with a smile.

 

“Really?” She asked happily as she met his gaze. Oh how she loved staring into his gorgeous eyes.

 

The two spent their time together laughing and telling stories. Yunho, to Ri Ah’s surprise was easy to get along with. He was truly kind and fun to talk to. He had lots of stories to tell. That moment to them, felt as though they had their own world. They lost track of time and paid no attention to the people around them. Heck, they didn’t even know that Changmin was their spying on them.

 

‘They look perfect for each other…’ He thought to himself. ‘Changmin, you’re only hurting yourself. You’re not her boyfriend. You don’t have to watch over her. She’s happy now… It’s time to let go…’


Days passed and the gap between the two best friends grew larger. The two became awkward around each other and rarely talk to each other whenever they were together. Ri Ah became more comfortable with Yunho and spends more time with him due to their dance practices. Changmin became more busy with his studies and began to neglect Ri ah.

 

Ri ah was happy with Yunho, but nothing can ever compare to her relationship with Changmin. They’ve been friends forever and no boy not even Yunho can ever make her forget about Changmin. She missed him. She missed his jokes, she missed spending time with him, she missed baking cookies with him and she missed a lot of things about him.  She decided to confront him during their break.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked him and he gave her a cold stare. “You’ve been avoiding me. You rarely talked to me…”

 

“I’ve been busy…” Changmin lied. Well, it wasn’t totally a lie. He has been studying to catch up with the lessons and regain his spot at the top of his class. He has been distracted by emotions lately and he figured that he had to stop for a while and settle his priorities. He had to be busy to distract himself and to restrain himself from falling deeper for her.

 

“Too busy to even spend time with your best friend?” She asked, tears started to form her eyes. She thought he had changed.  Their distance grew and they both grew apart. She found it hard to reach him.

“I thought we promised together forever? I thought we’ll best friends until we grow old and have white hair?”

 

“Look, maybe… Maybe I don’t want to be friends with you anymore?!” He snapped. “You’ve been depending on me for years and it’s making me sick!”

 

“Changmin….” She was shocked and it hurt her so much to hear those word from him.

 

“Besides,  you already have Yunho… You don’t need me anymore. I’m finally free.” Changmin said and left her crying.

 

He hated himself for hurting her. Her sad stare and the sound of her sobs remained in his head. But he couldn’t be with her anymore. He had to let her go or it will hurt the both of them.

 

Since then, the two never spoke to each other again. They found a new set of friends and part ways. They graduated, not speaking to each other. They forgot about what they had. They grew up, convincing themselves that they never met. They grew up pretending that their friendship never existed.

 

Soon, they went to college. Ri Ah went to a good university in Seoul and Changmin went to Japan to study. He was granted a good opportunity. He was given a scholarship at a prestigious school.

 

He left, but he never forgot about her.

 

On the 10th of June, Ri Ah received a letter… She was surprised when she noticed the familiar hand-writing. It was a hand writing she had known for years.


Dearest Ri Ah,

 

                First of all, I would like to say, Congratulations for making it through high school. It may seem weird, but I’m happy for you. We have now reached a new chapter in our lives, one more step until we achieve our dreams. We’re off to college. We’re off to part ways and meet new people. But before we do, I would like to say thank you for being a part of my life and I’m so sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for saying those hurtful words to you. I’m sorry if I could not keep my promise of being your best friend forever. If I could turn back in time I would be more than glad to take everything wrong that I have said. You may not believe it but, saying those words to you hurt me truly. It probably hurt me more than it could’ve hurt you. It may be late for me to tell you the truth, but better late than never…

 

                I never really meant to say those words to you. Believe it or not, I never really did. I only said it because I thought it was the best for both of us. I thought it would be best if I left you and let you go. But I was stupid. It took me long to realize that I was wrong and that what I’ve done was very much cowardly. You see, the truth is. I have loved you for so long, I probably still do. But you were in love with Yunho. I could clearly see it every time your eyes would light up as you talk about him. He made you very happy. The two of you looked good together. And I knew I couldn’t take you away from what truly makes you happy. You loved him so much and I knew I had to let you go.

 

                I love you so much, Ri Ah and there was not a day that I never thought about you. Even when we stopped being best friends anymore, I always thought about you. Every day, I would wake up regretting what I did years ago, wishing I could take it all back…

 

                I love you so much and it would probably be hard to move on and find a girl like you… Heck it would be really impossible because you are very different from all the rest…

 

                I love you and I wish I could say it to you personally, but what I feel doesn’t matter anymore. I know you’re already happy and I wish you more happiness. I pushed you away and hurt you and this is what I get for making the wrong decisions in life.

 

                I hope you’ll find a man who can truly love you. A man brave enough to tell you and show you how much he loves you. I wish you all the best and happiness in life…

 

                Until we meet again… If we would ever meet again…

                                                                                                                                                                                Sincerely Yours,

                                                                                                                                                                                  Shim Changmin


 Years passed and Ri Ah became more matured. She settled her priorities and studied hard. She did not see anyone else since the day she read the letter. She worked hard to be the best in her class and her hard work became worth it because she graduated with honors. After graduating, she became busy with her job. She didn’t find time to see anyone. She set her love life aside. She divided her time to herself, work friend and family.

 

Ri ah made it a habit of rewarding herself after accomplishing something in her job. It was Friday and her boss talked to her about a promotion. She was so happy and she decided to get herself some coffee and cheesecake, a little token for another accomplishment that she made.

 

She walked along the busy streets of Seoul, humming a happy song and skipping merrily, day dreaming about that promotion her boss promised. Much to her surprise, she bumped into someone. They both fell on the ground. She yelped and he complained.

 

“Watch it!” The guy said and her eyes widened at the voice. It sounded so familiar to her. She turned to the owner of the voice and she was surprised even more. “Wait a minute, Ri Ah… It’s been a long time…”

 

He smiled at her and helped her stand up. She looked into his eyes and remained speechless. She was so shocked to see him. She never thought that she would ever see him. Tears started to form her eyes. She sobbed and leaped into his arms to hug him tight. She missed him so much…

 

“Changmin-ah… Please don’t ever leave again… You pabo!” She scolded.

 

“Yah…  I thought you… I thought you hate me… I mean you should right… not that I want you too… but…” He asked in a confused manner as he hugged her hesitantly.

 

“Do you think I could still hate you after reading that letter?” She sobbed harder.  He pulled away from her to wipe her tears.

 

“When you left, I realized how much you meant to me. I’m sorry if I never realized it before. I’m sorry if I hurt you so much. It might be late now, but I love you… I really do…” She confessed.

 

“It’s never too late. I never stopped loving you... As long as I live, my heart will continue to beat for you…” He said, before pressing his lips on to hers…

 

That very day they were happy. Their hearts have finally found each other again. The moment was perfect. Their promise was fulfilled. They never left each other again…  They loved each other, forever…


A.N. I hope you all enjoyed my angsty one-shot. If you guys are wondering about Yunho... Well, I'll leave that detail for you guys to think about.. I'm afraid that will remain a mystery to you guys... XD

I decided to not explain more about Yunho since this is a Changmin X You fanfic, and these are oneshots... So... If I put more details the story will become too long...

I'm really sorry if I left you guys confused..

My next oneshot  is a request from asian_poprocks ...  It's gonna be a rated M shot so.. Gahhh I'm kinda nervous, since it will be my first time to write a rated fic.

Okay... so, I've got 7 down and 23 more to go...

Feel free to send those requests!

Just fill out this form!

 

Name/Pen Name: (You might be thinking that this isn't necesarry but I have to be organized with your request. I don't want to get things messed up.)

Title: (This is optional. You can leave it to me, if you like and if you find it hard to think of a title. ^_^)

Rating: (Write the following: K- for fluff, T- for hot fluff, and M-for mature stuff)

Plot: (Just a brief summary of what you want me to write. Okay. This is the most important part of the form! So NEVER leave this blank!)

I'll be expecting your requests. Until next time! :3

With Love,

~Kei-chan